Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA cause DP/PR?

Noken

Greenlighter
Hey guys I'll make this shortand quick!

New Years 2013- I smoked marijuana and the followingmonths, I experienced depersonalization/derealization for 6-8 months
New Years 2014- I smoked marijuana and did notexperienced DP/DR, however in March, I had a panic attack and experienceddepersonalization/derealization until July.

I know, I'm stupid for doing itthe second time but let me assure you, I will never, ever smoke/touch marijuanaagain. Remember, I am not longer depersonalized!

So, here is what I needanswered from optimistic people, or people who have experienced what I wouldlike to do. Here it is...

Next month I am turning 18 (legal age in Australia) and I want to take MDMA at upcoming nightclubs andfestivals to have a good time. If I do take MDMA, will in cause me to becomedepersonalized again? Because I have hear a lot of people say differingstatements from "It cured my anxiety" to "I feeldepressed". Has anyone felt DP/DR from MARIJUANA and not from MDMA?Can someone who has experience help me out on this, or anyone at all, thatwould be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

All I know is that marijuana makes me all anxious and paranoid, whereas MDMA works beautifully. It's unlikely that using MDMA once in a reasonable dose (100-200mg) will cause DP/DR. For that to happen, it usually requires a predisposition toward them. If you do decide to do it, test the MDMA using a marquis test kit and take low doses. It's rare, but MDMA can trigger DP/DR in those very vulnerable to it.

My sister fortunately tests all MDMA pills, and she is the one who would give them to me, so that's great. I'll only take one capsule to start off with.

if you were that harshly depersonalized from weed, I'd probably recommend splitting that cap in half and feeling it out. Just to be safe.

Hey guys I'll make this shortand quick!

New Years 2013- I smoked marijuana and the followingmonths, I experienced depersonalization/derealization for 6-8 months
New Years 2014- I smoked marijuana and did notexperienced DP/DR, however in March, I had a panic attack and experienceddepersonalization/derealization until July.

I know, I'm stupid for doing itthe second time but let me assure you, I will never, ever smoke/touch marijuanaagain. Remember, I am not longer depersonalized!

So, here is what I needanswered from optimistic people, or people who have experienced what I wouldlike to do. Here it is...

Next month I am turning 18 (legal age in Australia) and I want to take MDMA at upcoming nightclubs andfestivals to have a good time. If I do take MDMA, will in cause me to becomedepersonalized again? Because I have hear a lot of people say differingstatements from "It cured my anxiety" to "I feeldepressed". Has anyone felt DP/DR from [FONT=&]MARIJUANA and not from [FONT=&]MDMA[/FONT]?Can someone who has experience help me out on this, or anyone at all, thatwould be greatly appreciated![/FONT]

Thanks guys!

i have had very similar experiences to yours with cannabis. just one toke of weed can be enough to send me into that disconnected state for weeks i've had one peroid of derealisation for over a year from smoking weed (not from a single dose).
so i was very careful with drugs in the following years. but in the end curiosity won and i sampled nearly everything around. turns out the real offenders for me are only cannabis and dissociatives (ketamine, dxm, n2o, and oddly ghb to some extent).

your not stupid for trying a second time, or at least not as stupid as i was. smoking two times if you get such symptoms is definitely better than smoking twenty to thirty times... at least i can tell you now that it doesn't really get worse the more you smoke, but instead takes quite a bit longer to recover :).
oddly, i've also tried a stain of weed that didn't cause dr/dp at all. those complex mixtures compounds plants produce can be unpredicable.

mdma (at least for me, but your story does sound very familiar) does not cause dr/dp like cannabis does at all. in fact when i took mdma while being in a state of derealization, the symptoms would be a little better on the next day (not that it had any lasting positive effect).

but keep in mind that mdma can set you a bit off your emotional balance in the following days, thus increasing the likelyhood of having a panic attack. thankfully for panic attacks (and the symptoms caused by them) there are powerful pharmaceuticals that can help a lot, quite contrary to cannabis-induced dr/dp.