• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA/Cannabis and Citalopram

Jayess

Greenlighter
I have read the FAQ and several threads in this forum which briefly discuss this topic, however I am merely looking for people to share their opinions and personal experiences as I struggle to find many people who can relate to my concerns.

I am 10 weeks into taking Citalopram 20mg. Today I've decided to wean my dosage down to 10mg for the next 2 weeks, eventually bringing myself to stop completely over the next few months. I've decided to come off the medication due to the side effects and anxiety experienced. I spoke to my GP for more information but he said basically that the positive effects have plateaued now pretty much.

My question is this, say if at the end of this next 4 weeks when I eventually go cold turkey, how long from that point should I expect to have to wait before MDMA works how it is supposed to? This is important for me to be reassured about as using MDMA is one of the most important things to have happened in my life to date.

Also, while on the SSRIs I've had quite bad headaches and anxiety whenever I smoke/vaporise weed. Can anyone suggest why and how I can avoid this? I do love weed also so any advice people have on this subject will help also.

how long from that point should I expect to have to wait before MDMA works how it is supposed to?

Looking at the metabolism of citalopram I would expect it to be mostly out of your system within a week. However, your brain may not be completely 'back to normal' for several months, since it has to some extent adapted to the medication, which might influence the high. The more patient you are, the more likely you are to get a 'normal' response to MDMA.

This is important for me to be reassured about as using MDMA is one of the most important things to have happened in my life to date.

Be careful! Remember that frequent use will only make your life and your problems worse, no matter how tempting it.