Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MDMA break - What other drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiManImDan

Bluelighter
Hey

So I've decided to take a break from MDMA to lower my tolerence and obviously let me brain repair.
I've been thinking of experimenting with mushrooms or LSD and have heard they work on the serotonin receptors as wel. So the question is, can I use mushrooms or LSD while taking a break from MDMA or does this also put a lot of stress on my brain in repairing the loss of hormones from MDMA and defeat the purpose of the break?

Another question, what drugs should you avoid while on an MDMA break and what has a cross tolerence with MDMA?

Thanks

Classical psychedelics, like lsd and mushrooms are Serotonin 5ht2a receptor agonist, while mdma is a releasing agent. There should be no real cross tolerance. But stay away from serotonin reuptake inhibitors and releasing agents.

Classical psychedelics, like lsd and mushrooms are Serotonin 5ht2a receptor agonist, while mdma is a releasing agent. There should be no real cross tolerance. But stay away from serotonin reuptake inhibitors and releasing agents.

So no SSRI's (anti-depressents) and no serotonin releasing agents (MDxx)?

Yeah LSD and shrooms should be ok, some more "modern" psychedelics like AMT are also serotonin releasers though, so you should probably stay away from them. I've found that shrooms sort of "fixed" my brain a few summers ago after using MDMA a bit too frequently.

Keep away from SSRI's, 4FA, the APB's, MDA and other reuptake inhibitors or releasers.

Classic psychedelics like shrooms and acid are fine and so are most 2C'x. From what i heard AMT shouldn't really effect tolerance, but it is still a releaser.

Hello there, as others have pointed out, "what should I take" threads run contrary to harm reduction principles and as a result we don't allow them. Since the other questions have been answered correctly I have closed this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.