• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA break, what drugs will interfere/slow down the MDMA recovery?

HiManImDan

Bluelighter
Hey guys
Over the last few months, I've been on a rolling binge. Binge meaning once every 1-2 weeks, although there was a stage where I went hard out and did 125mg every 2-3 days for 4 weeks. Anyways, I'm taking a big break as I want my brain to recover and my chemicals to balance out because I still don't feel normal since my last roll (which was 500mg and it was just a little over a month ago). Although I still don't feel completely normal, I have noticed a big improvement in comedown (unbalanced brain chemicals) symptoms, these being up and down emotions, depression, anxiety and just a negative outlook on even places where I feel the most comfortable, such as home. Thank god it's improving pretty quick, I've been taking multivitamin, natural stress relief vitamins (containing vitamin b12 and vitamin C) and excersising as well as making sure I'm getting good amounts of healthy food.

Anyways, now that you've heard the back story, time for the real question.
What drugs will not slow down, interfere or have a negative effect on my brain while I'm still in the process of recovering from an MDMA comedown? I'm asking this because I've been consuming a lot of different chemicals and I don't know which ones could potentially slow down or interfere with the MDMA recovery process.

Drugs I'm mainly focusing this question on:
-LSD
-Amphetamine
-Cannabis
-Alcohol

If you have any more information on which drugs do and don't have a negative effect while in the process of MDMA recovery, please let me know as I get offered some weird drugs when I'm out and I want to know what can potentially slow down this process of recovery.

More info:
I have not rolled for 1 month and 3 days.
I have been smoking pot on the weekends and sometimes during the week sometimes since my last roll
I have been drinking alcohol on the weekends.

Thanks!

Well it depends on the person. I've heard people that are recovering from MDMA abuse or something similar say that cannabis, amps and alcohol tend to increase symptoms so it could impact recovery. It all depends on the person, in what quantities the drugs are consumed and how often. Of the ones you listed I would be most weary of cannabis and amps. Cannabis because it very often increases the anxiety that comes with recovering from MDMA abuse, same goes for amps. You could try out small doses of the ones you want to try and go from there. Best thing to do would be to abstain from all drugs though, it's always a risk. Though very limited use, infrequent and in small doses, should not impact recovery much. Good luck! if you have more questions don't hesitate to ask

Well it depends on the person. I've heard people that are recovering from MDMA abuse or something similar say that cannabis, amps and alcohol tend to increase symptoms so it could impact recovery. It all depends on the person, in what quantities the drugs are consumed and how often. Of the ones you listed I would be most weary of cannabis and amps. Cannabis because it very often increases the anxiety that comes with recovering from MDMA abuse, same goes for amps. You could try out small doses of the ones you want to try and go from there. Best thing to do would be to abstain from all drugs though, it's always a risk. Though very limited use, infrequent and in small doses, should not impact recovery much. Good luck! if you have more questions don't hesitate to ask

Thank you for your response! You always give great responses!
Cannabis for me has its ups and downs, sometimes it will give me a nice mellow high and I will have the "I don't care just get me food and then I'm going to sleep" attitude, and sometimes I'll start contemplating life and looking at it in a negative way. Never done amphetamine, although my mate has been saying I should try it out which I have been wanting to but then I've always just rolled but now that I'm not rolling there might be a place for it. If I do go out on a night with amphetamine, I'll make sure to start low and see how I feel.
The reason I've asked this is because I've heard that some of these drugs, mostly being LSD, do work with the serotonin receptors. They may not be releasing serotonin, but putting stress on something that's repairing isn't good right?
Do you think LSD may have any negative effects? Really wanna trip in a few days but I don't know whether I should wait until I'm longer into the recovery process or if I can just do it now?
Thanks

Amphetamine and alcohol are the most neurotoxic of the drugs you listed.

What I would do in your situation, if I really wanted to expedite the process, is eat some mushrooms, and consider ayahuasca. Psilocybin promotes neurogenesis, which restores healthy brain function. It's pretty awesome.

Ayahuasca is known to, for lack of a better word, "fix" the serotonin system. For some people, it can heal depression in one session.

Just a thought.

What I would do in your situation, if I really wanted to expedite the process, is eat some mushrooms, and consider ayahuasca. Psilocybin promotes neurogenesis, which restores healthy brain function. It's pretty awesome.

Ayahuasca is known to, for lack of a better word, "fix" the serotonin system. For some people, it can heal depression in one session.

Just a thought.

Didn't know this!
thanks, I'll look into getting shrooms!

Just a thought.
amphetamine isn't neurotoxic.
methamphetamine is
js

Thank you for your response! You always give great responses!
Cannabis for me has its ups and downs, sometimes it will give me a nice mellow high and I will have the "I don't care just get me food and then I'm going to sleep" attitude, and sometimes I'll start contemplating life and looking at it in a negative way. Never done amphetamine, although my mate has been saying I should try it out which I have been wanting to but then I've always just rolled but now that I'm not rolling there might be a place for it. If I do go out on a night with amphetamine, I'll make sure to start low and see how I feel.
The reason I've asked this is because I've heard that some of these drugs, mostly being LSD, do work with the serotonin receptors. They may not be releasing serotonin, but putting stress on something that's repairing isn't good right?
Do you think LSD may have any negative effects? Really wanna trip in a few days but I don't know whether I should wait until I'm longer into the recovery process or if I can just do it now?
Thanks
Well that's a bit hard to say I think. I believe that part of a long-term MDMA hangover can be psychological, though it's possible that that's not the only contributing factor. Now knowing that LSD can have a tremendous psychological impact on the user it could go both ways, it might speed up recovery by putting things into perspective and creating a sense of acceptance or it might make it worse if you end up worrying during your trip. It all depends on how well you handle psychedelics. Like with any other drug taken on recovery, start with a low dose and if that doesn't produce negative effects go from there. And use your intuition, if you have doubts don't go through with it, that goes for any drug out there

LSDMDMA&12714927 said:
amphetamine isn't neurotoxic.
methamphetamine is
js
Amphetamine can be neurotoxic, just like MDMA. However this requires heroic doses, a lot higher than what is considered a sensible recreational dose. So yes they both can be neurotoxic, but that doesn't mean they do damage every time you take them. More than that, if you take recreational (in this case: low) doses, you will almost certainly not experience any neurotoxic effects. That doesn't mean they won't impact recovery though, there's a lot more factors than just neurotoxicity that come into play here. Induced anxiety and its subsequent impact on recovery is the one you should be most worried about I think, hence the low doses which won't have this effect

*edit* Haha weird, look at your name in the quote above, it's all garbled up. I think it's because &AMP is HTML code. Seems to be a bug

Last edited:
Well that's a bit hard to say I think. I believe that part of a long-term MDMA hangover can be psychological, though it's possible that that's not the only contributing factor. Now knowing that LSD can have a tremendous psychological impact on the user it could go both ways, it might speed up recovery by putting things into perspective and creating a sense of acceptance or it might make it worse if you end up worrying during your trip. It all depends on how well you handle psychedelics. Like with any other drug taken on recovery, start with a low dose and if that doesn't produce negative effects go from there. And use your intuition, if you have doubts don't go through with it, that goes for any drug out there

Amphetamine can be neurotoxic, just like MDMA. However this requires heroic doses, a lot higher than what is considered a sensible recreational dose. So yes they both can be neurotoxic, but that doesn't mean they do damage every time you take them. More than that, if you take recreational (in this case: low) doses, you will almost certainly not experience any neurotoxic effects. That doesn't mean they won't impact recovery though, there's a lot more factors than just neurotoxicity that come into play here. Induced anxiety and its subsequent impact on recovery is the one you should be most worried about I think, hence the low doses which won't have this effect

*edit* Haha weird, look at your name in the quote above, it's all garbled up. I think it's because &AMP is HTML code. Seems to be a bug

I've got two blotters (150UG) lying around my house somewhere, what would be then east dosage to experiment with? Half a blotter? Thanks