Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Brain Zap Comedown

Yellowfishmate

Greenlighter
Hey,

Since doing a large amount of MDMA and 0.6g of coke on NYE I have been experiencing these horrible brain zaps.

I don't normally do MDMA however was stupid to go that big. I have roughly done coke once every two weeks for half a year. I'm fit and healthy playing regular sport.

The brain zaps happen whenever I move quickly, makes quick eye movements or is surprised by something (door slamming for example). Can describe it as someone setting a speed camera flash off in my head and a tingling sensation through my body.

I don't usually do MDMA. The brain zaps happened roughly 24 hours after the night out for me to which I didn't sleep that night and stayed awake the next day.

It has been 5 days since the brain zaps started.

Has anyone experienced this? Did it go away? I would be very greatful for any advice

Warm regards ,
Yellow fish

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Yellowfish, Welcome to Bluelight. I edited your post because we don't permit the use of swim, animals, etc. Just speak in the first person.
(moving to MDMA & Empathogenic Drugs)

youve solved your problem you did a horrible high amount of mdma and coke together

stop abusing stuff

The brain zaps will go away. I've had them before and it took about a week to recover. It's scary at the time, but you'll be ok. Taking 5-HTP with green tea might help. Lots of sleep probably helps too.

Don't mix M and Coke. It's a bad mix.

Thanks guys,

I totally agree, I just didn't know my limits. I won't be doing either again. I hope I haven't done long term damage.

I've done some reading and it could be two of things:

1) Lhermitte’s Sign - "fatty coating, called myelin, that protects your nerves. Without it, scar tissue forms and begins to block the messages traveling in your brain and spinal cord. Lhermitte’s sign is one of the symptoms that happens when those signals don’t move like they should"

2) Latent Sensory Response - "It is a normal response that is greatly amplified"

The high amount of drug taken has overworked my nerves and now they're expressing amplified responses?

How does this coincide with your understanding?

It is day 6 now I've seen a small improvement after taking the magnesium and B12 vitamin last night.

How would 5-HTP accelerate recovery if it is associated to serotonin, I don't believe serotonin is the issue here?

What are your thoughts?

Just give it time. Most of these issues resolve themselves with a bit of self care.

Just be glad you don't have myoclonus and fasciculations like I do, Jan 20th will be 2 months since my last use (after doing WAY too much all summer/fall) and I still twitch like crazy. I'm currently set to see a neurologist about it.

I never had "brain zaps" but I have read several people here and they said eventually they went away.

I think you're getting good advice. Abstain from MDMA (even alcohol and other things for the time being) and eat healthy foods, take a multivitamin, and get good cardio excersize almost every day, and a 1-hour walk on days in between. With time I think you find it goes away as others have reported it went away.

You should consider that it's probably best never to use MDMA again, and if you do, it should only be every 2-3 months and never more than 200mg (0.2 grams). NEVER do it back to back days like I did.

I wish I had followed those rules. I'm paying a pretty heavy price for doing too much too often. I was very foolish.

Good luck, you'll be OK.

Yes, I had exactly what you describe, though it sounds like mine were a bit more violent, at times my body would tense pretty severely when a zap occured. The only difference being for me they only started when I was sleepy, very relaxed or about to fall asleep. I had that after doing much higher doses than you did, stupidly. Took two to three weeks to clear up. Unhealthy without a doubt, but not permanent in any case. Learn from this, adjust the way you use this drug and you won't have any issues anymore. You took about 5 times what is considered a normal dose, these are the temporary consequences. Take a good long break first and foremost :D

It dosent sound like the brainzaps ive had.

When i think of brainzaps its the ones that occur while drifting off into sleep. You will get an electric like sound in your head and the whole body starts to do some sort of spasms at the same time.

Only ever got it from Mephedrone not any other drug and ive abused a hell off alot of serotonergics, like real bad and mad.

But people are different maybe there are different types of brainzaps.

Thank you for the responses, all really useful information.

I was feeling better. It was my best friends and his girlfriends birthday on Saturday who I am very close with, I tried to make excuses but I was dragged out, unfortunately. Had a few drinks, trying to take my mind off everything around it as was getting me down. A lot of friends were suggesting to get some coke in however I had absolutely no desire to do so - positive note.

Yesterday (slightly hungover) was fine, got lots of sleep. Now I'm back from work today I was dozing off on the sofa once home and was getting low level zaps again. Don't know if tiredness could be a direct correlation? I hope the night out hasn't set me back.

Was everyone's a gradual reduction in severity of zaps or did they just completely dissapear??? Mine are slowly dulling down but hit set backs, some days better than others. It's been 10 days since mine began

Brain zaps can be from anxiety that you feel, although you don't feel them or feel you cause them you actually do with stress. Your body is relaxing after everything and you'll feel this way. I've been going threw withdrawals and this started happening as the result from anxiety of everything my body was going threw and me worrying about it. My feels like a instant fuzzy sensation for a few seconds then fade. From what I seen it's your body recovering from everything it was deprived from along with a mixture of anxiety. Not a long term thing but you do need to take care of yourself and go on a healthy diet to best come off of them.