• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

MDMA as a treatment for Psycho/Sociopathy?

This is an interesting concept...and some responses kind of answer something I could never figure out

I took E on two occasions with someone who has been diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder (sociopath). Both times I was high off it...the usual feelings. He on the other hand both times (different stuff, taken months apart from different sources) claimed the pills were garbage n he got ripped off !?! I didn't get it at all. But now, reading this thread, I understand what may very well have been the reason: empathetic drug not having effect on his brain. Well at least now I understand how I could be rolling off the same stuff he claimed "didn't work"

Oh that is good to hear...I was concerned I might be a sociopath, but when I have taken E/MDMA I definitely rolled and it was a great time.

Oh that is good to hear...I was concerned I might be a sociopath, but when I have taken E/MDMA I definitely rolled and it was a great time.

Just because one psychopath doesn't respond to MDMA doesn't mean they all don't. Read my previous post, I think there are a lot more factors in play than just oxytocin.

Probably safe to say the non-responder had a mutation preventing proper oxytocin binding, or has some paradoxical reaction to it, though.

it wouldn't give them empathy, i have a friend who was a little bit sociopathic (no empathy, unbelievable drug intake, innability to control his temper breaking a female housemates nose for no reason) anyway he got addicted to mdma but i never saw him have any empathy from it. he was always laughing his head off from it but NEVER seemed loved up one little bit.

This would be my guess, and in some cases i think they would get a little empathy from it.
How ever i feel like after their little after glow. They would revert back to their old self, MDMA is no long term cure. It can just shed light on certain things.

I am not a sociopath so I couldn't comment on their reaction, but I could well picture those who are, as exemplified by the anecdote about the guy in the bar, being horrified by the change, as its forcing a completely non-native neurotype, or rather, running one via an emulator, to use the oft-cited analogy of brain as computer.

It can certainly be disconcerting. I've said it before probably somewhere, I forget, but I'm autistic, and cannot stand MDMA or methylone. Pro-social, gushy empathetic, etc. etc. is quite a stomach-churning thought to be quite honest. If I wanted to act neurotypical, I'd have shot myself in the face and hoped for reincarnation as one. No thanks.

It can certainly be disconcerting. I've said it before probably somewhere, I forget, but I'm autistic, and cannot stand MDMA or methylone. Pro-social, gushy empathetic, etc. etc. is quite a stomach-churning thought to be quite honest.

As someone who's...maybe a little Aspie, I had a similar experience but found it liberating. I usually have to run emulations that produce the behavior that would be yielded from directly reading people socially and emotionally (and to some extent, my own emotions). I won't automatically 'feel out' how other people feel. I will have to analyze facial attributes to make a (really bad) guess about their intentions and feelings. Suddenly being able to run such programs 'natively' was amazing.

ebola