• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and Vivitrol (Naltrexone)

FancyKipper

Greenlighter
So I tried to research the use of MDMA on Vivitrol with almost no success. There were a couple of threads here on Bluelight about it but both had no real conclusion. I’ve finally reached a verdict based on some research corroborated by my own experiences and would like to share them for anyone curious in the future.

So I have been on Vivitrol (extended release Naltrexone) for years for opiate dependence. I am a huge advocate. If you are self motivated then it will easily help anyone struggling with opiate addiction get through the first couple years where post acute withdraw is most likely to cause a relapse and where the brain is still healing to a place where it looks identical to an nonaddicted brain.

I was intrigued by the healing properties of MDMA especially in conjunction with therapy. Recently I came upon what I truly believe to be MDMA—easily the best empathogenic highs I’ve ever had. (And I’ve had enough sketchy or straight up bad “molly” to know that this is special at least.) Can’t say with any absolute certainty what it is, but do know pretty reliably that it’s at least come out of Amsterdam and without being cut.

But regardless of what it is, it does have powerful empathogenic properties and euphoria.
Now, I had to miss a recent Vivitrol shot because of a case of COVID requiring me to quarantine. I tested a small dose of the presumed MDMA and it felt wonderful. Then a few days later I got my Vivitrol shot, then I tried dosing again post-shot and the experience was noticeable but also very different. The euphoria and empathy was very much diminished and if anything I was more preoccupied with anxiety around my body’s inability to regulate its temperature.
So it seems Vivitrol does negate the desirable effects of MDMA. This lines up with a few other anecdotes online and with a study I read in mice where naltrexone seemed to reduce the ejaculatory effects that MDMA caused in the mice.

For those who are curious, I did dose again mid month to verify it wasn’t a fluke that I had a less than desirable experience. And I dosed again on day 30 after my shot and there was a noticeable rise to the euphoric and empathogenic effects.

My opinion, it’s best to hold off using MDMA while on naltrexone. Not only would it be potentially a waste, but could potentially have adverse effects. I personally find the combo to be disappointing.

I will do a couple more trials to see if I can further corroborate my findings. I will try the same dose mid month of my current shot. It also seems like I will soon be moving to daily oral naltrexone, which will make it much easier to structure a more definitive trial.

And again, I’m a huge advocate of Vivitrol and would not let these findings dissuade anyone from using the treatment if you need it. It certainly helped save my life.