• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and TMJ

fredfo

Greenlighter
I have recently been diagnosed with a TMJ disorder (temporomandibular joint), which is basically a damaged jaw joint. I've told the physician that I sometimes use MDMA (about one time a month). The physician told me that MDMA use has a negative influence on TMJ and that I should quit, which seems logical to me. The physician also told me to stop smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol. This seems a drastic measure to me as I don't think that smoking and drinking affects your joint outside the fact that I might not think at not stressing his jaws when I'm drunk. So this seems like a more general 'live healthier' advice and so I wonder if using MDMA is absolutely not done when you have TMJ or that I still can do it occasionally.

Of course I know I'd better quit, but I like my day long house & techno parties. It's not that I'm addicted as I have a lot of fun at regular parties, but I want something to stay awake to keep partying.

Does anyone know anything about MDMA and TMJ? I didn't find a lot about it on the internet and on forums. And I would like to know if there are other drugs comparable to MDMA that keep you awake but don't make you're jaw clench as much.

Hi there,

I'd imagine taking MDMA would certainly aggravate your jaw but I'd imagine it would just mean your jaw would be really sore afterwards. Perhaps you could try quite low doses? I find lower doses to have much less jaw clenching. Especially if you don't redose, that's where I find a lot of jaw clenching happens.

If you're just looking for something to keep you awake consider regular stimulants, even ADHD stimulants can be quite fun with alcohol. But don't expect any of the euphoria/empathy that MDMA provides.

Welcome to BL.

Try taking magnesium prior the use.

research dictates that magnesium reduces the jaw clenching

I have used once after going to the doctor (slightly less than one and a half pill) and I tried magnesium citrate (slightly more than 1g). I didn't have any sore jaw muscles (usually I chew my face off and my jaw is sore as hell), however I noticed that I couldn't get my mouth open as wide as normal.

I read somewhere that it matters which type of magnesium I should take, is the citrate salt the one I would need?

mdma gave me night bruxism from 2 years ago after my Long term comedown...still having some problems.