• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and SSRIs

I wonder about to which degree low doses of dissociatives might potentiate empathogens (or the opposite). For me they have their own variant of empathogenic activity and are anxiolytic, also they seem to increase the released of almost all neurotransmitters including serotonin and dopamine and are known to reduce tolerance to stimulants as well as opioids.

Yeah, unfortunately does serotonin take ages to re-regulate after a pharmaceutical change like stopping an antidepressant. Soon I'm three months off venlafaxine and still the sexual side effects remain present. The only regeneration happened during the first couple days and now things remain as they are.

Do you have a source for the claim about St. John's @cosmosmariner? I've tried to switch from venlafaxine to St. Johns back in the day but even 10 capsules didn't touch the withdrawal by a single bit while phototoxicity limits the usable dosage range, so the bottle is now collecting dust in my cabinet. Wonder whether I should give it a second try.

Hey all, Quick update or epilogue for those still interested.

I really needed to wait more than 7 days after discontinuing an SSRI. Its been another month since I first posted about an almost zero effect on a dosage of up to 350 mg in one shot (including redose after 90 min.) Yesterday after 6 weeks off the SSRI I tried again at a much lower, and by most accounts saner, dosage of 120mg. It was solo experiment and it was quite pleasant, good music and good phone conversations with people I love, nothing over-the-top, just fittingly gracious. Today I'm feeling pretty good, no real 'lows'.

What I took from this solo experience was a very personal, almost healing process. I'm glad to report that the rumours I've heard about MDMA used for therapy seem to be real, at least it was for me. I feel a lot more connected to everything, and ready to put some private issues to rest. No, I didn't go to a rave and seek connections with empathetic souls, but I was able to put perspective on dogged trauma and let it lie for now anyway.

So thanks for all your comments and support I'm glad I found this site and the where-with-all to post - @plumbus-nine , I hope you find balance in your chemistry, if anyone can its you bud. @hotgirls.jpg.exe thanks for your views and book recommendation - started reading it last week; talk about perspectives !

Last edited:
Glad you had a nice experience on it :) If you give it a couple months off from now, and stay off the ssri, you'll notice the next experience should give you that euphoric feeling - but it does depend on set and setting - you're much more likely to get it being physically around other people. Your receptors are gonna be a bit downregulated from the SSRI, that will recover with time. Look into taking NAC to help with that.
Happy to hear you're enjoying the book too, I got so much out of it

Hotgirl -What's DBT vs. CBT therapy? Or what do the acronyms stand for?
Thanks for sharing your experiences with MDMA, dosing and nortriptyline struggles. I envy your mental health. Your support is genuine and means a lot. Thanks man.

As mentioned I've revised my dosage amount for next time which I'll post-pone for another week. Although a good thing happened since the last time. I've been much more open to bonding with, and knowing people in the last 2 weeks since the mega-non-responsive dosage. I even started dating again which hasn't been done for awhile. So maybe there was some unseen beneficial effects after-all. .. Ooor that the discontinuation of the SSRI combined with some kind of placebo effect is in order! Either way, I'll take it.

I hear ya about lock-downs and boredom. I live in Canada and the winters can be looong enough without having a lock-down in effect. Its like a kind of cabin fever where alcohol gets you through the days. Fortunatly I was able to keep a lid on it. Sorry to hear about some if your buds that became dependant, I hope they get a grip on it. (Side note - I lived in Sydney for a year some time ago, even made it to Melbourne twice - good times!)

Also, I have a video recommendation for you, or anyone really. "How to Change Your Mind" on Netflix. It's a 4 part series on how psychedelics (including MDMA which is a sub-class) affect your mind for the treatment of many mental disorders. Its about micro-dosing LSD or shooms for the longer term, but also straight-up high dosage trips on the rare occasion. Its an interesting watch.

Thanks for the heads up about live-posting while tripping. I was going to go on the Discord forum and post there while in-the-moment. Not sure if that's a good idea though as I don't want to be the crazy child who banters on and on. We'll see.
whoops sorry forgot to reply to this. CBT is cognitive behavioural therapy which is basically like if you have bad feelings do some mindfulness and meditation about it - which works if your issues aren't too bad and it's good for anxiety attacks but if your problems are more complex, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy is much more useful. Marsha Linehan wrote the definitive books that are used for it, pretty sure you can find them online

I always wanted to visit Canada, I love the cold. Is why I prefer Melbourne weather over Sydney - nothing better than a crisp clear sunny morning where it's 4C and you can see ice crystals over everyone's lawns. Sydney is too damn humid! I used to walk home over the Harbour Bridge after work at 10pm during the warmer months and I would be POURING sweat after the 40 minute walk. Literal rivers running down my face - I don't even sweat like that running down here!

whoops sorry forgot to reply to this. CBT is cognitive behavioural therapy which is basically like if you have bad feelings do some mindfulness and meditation about it - which works if your issues aren't too bad and it's good for anxiety attacks but if your problems are more complex, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy is much more useful. Marsha Linehan wrote the definitive books that are used for it, pretty sure you can find them online

I always wanted to visit Canada, I love the cold. Is why I prefer Melbourne weather over Sydney - nothing better than a crisp clear sunny morning where it's 4C and you can see ice crystals over everyone's lawns. Sydney is too damn humid! I used to walk home over the Harbour Bridge after work at 10pm during the warmer months and I would be POURING sweat after the 40 minute walk. Literal rivers running down my face - I don't even sweat like that running down here!
So Canada in the summer is great. I'm in Toronto (originally from Vancouver), but winter ... everyone loves the first snowfall but by the time January is half over and the days have only 7 or 8 hours of daylight, and we've had deep freeze alerts where it gets below -20 and the end is no where near, people get batty and out-right depressed. Little kids are told not to run outside in that weather because it can freeze your upper lungs, parked cars can get snowed under and can't be moved until a slight thaw. People's house and car doors freeze shut. Last year I was stuck at work overnight because of a heavy storm that closed the highways.

I once found myself in Winnipeg on the prairies in February where it went down to -40. There was a street party going on where they had beer 'warmers' (not coolers) just to keep the stuff from freezing harder than stone. Once opened you had to drink that can within 10 minutes, ice slush started forming almost immediately. You could barely see other people since every bit of skin has to be covered or it will freeze (frostbite) within a few minutes. Fawk ! People who are caught outside overnight can die. It happens every year and you can usually blame that on alcohol.
A lot of Aussies and Kiwis come and work in BC at the Whistler ski resorts. They seem to love it. Outdoor sports are the only saviour (but not when it's -20). By the time Spring arrives, its an event. The first nice sunny days that are over 15 degrees have everyone on a patio catching up like they haven't seen each other in years cause that what it seems like after the thaw.

I loved living in Sydney. People there told me that it never snowed. I sure didn't miss it. I worked in The Rocks at a place called 'Wolfies' as a bartender, and like you, I trekked over that damn bridge a few times. Still I'd take it over being snowed in. I miss those palm trees and mild nights.
So if you visit the great white north, unless you like adventure travel, come some time between May and October. If you want to 'go native' visit Ottawa in January and ice-skate for miles on the canal .. and hope its not 20 below. But now we find ourselves in early October and the chill has set in. It's 4 degrees in the morning and 17 during the day. We have a month of decent weather left, and then, as they say in Game of Thrones, 'Winter is coming' and I can only pray that it'll be a mild one. Take care Hotgirl.

So Canada in the summer is great. I'm in Toronto (originally from Vancouver), but winter ... everyone loves the first snowfall but by the time January is half over and the days have only 7 or 8 hours of daylight, and we've had deep freeze alerts where it gets below -20 and the end is no where near, people get batty and out-right depressed. Little kids are told not to run outside in that weather because it can freeze your upper lungs, parked cars can get snowed under and can't be moved until a slight thaw. People's house and car doors freeze shut. Last year I was stuck at work overnight because of a heavy storm that closed the highways.

I once found myself in Winnipeg on the prairies in February where it went down to -40. There was a street party going on where they had beer 'warmers' (not coolers) just to keep the stuff from freezing harder than stone. Once opened you had to drink that can within 10 minutes, ice slush started forming almost immediately. You could barely see other people since every bit of skin has to be covered or it will freeze (frostbite) within a few minutes. Fawk ! People who are caught outside overnight can die. It happens every year and you can usually blame that on alcohol.
A lot of Aussies and Kiwis come and work in BC at the Whistler ski resorts. They seem to love it. Outdoor sports are the only saviour (but not when it's -20). By the time Spring arrives, its an event. The first nice sunny days that are over 15 degrees have everyone on a patio catching up like they haven't seen each other in years cause that what it seems like after the thaw.

I loved living in Sydney. People there told me that it never snowed. I sure didn't miss it. I worked in The Rocks at a place called 'Wolfies' as a bartender, and like you, I trekked over that damn bridge a few times. Still I'd take it over being snowed in. I miss those palm trees and mild nights.
So if you visit the great white north, unless you like adventure travel, come some time between May and October. If you want to 'go native' visit Ottawa in January and ice-skate for miles on the canal .. and hope its not 20 below. But now we find ourselves in early October and the chill has set in. It's 4 degrees in the morning and 17 during the day. We have a month of decent weather left, and then, as they say in Game of Thrones, 'Winter is coming' and I can only pray that it'll be a mild one. Take care Hotgirl.
the shit weather is prob why citalopram in first place

it has such an effect a bit of sun makes u happy

Hi all,
Last weekend I thought I'd try MDMA for the first time. I ordered some off the darkweb, had it tested, measured it out in milligrams and dosed.
I'm 6' 1" and 104 Kilos, so I followed the standard advice of taking your weight in Kilograms plus 50 (equals 160 mg). I parachuted it and waited for an hour. Nothing, maybe a slight uptick in mood. About 90 minutes after the first dose I dropped another 200 mg and still nothing.

Here's the thing. I stopped taking an SSRI (citalopram) 7 days earlier, I would have thought that 7 days would be long enough to flush the SSRI from my system but it wasn't. Some people commented that the dosage was quite high and 7 days was quite awhile and that maybe the molly itself wasn't very good but the lab tests show that it was (no comment on the purity though).
I've done some anecdotal research on-line and found that 2 weeks weaning off SSRIs seem to be what's recommended.

So fellow bluelighters, does anyone have any advise, comments, or personal experience with this sort of thing?
Yu may be must wait atleast two weeks after quit ad to usevmdma effectful.Some wait even more

the shit weather is prob why citalopram in first place

it has such an effect a bit of sun makes u happy
There's a lot of truth to that brother. I found Vancouver to be too grey and rainy for me. Like from October to May its just 6 degrees, overcast and drizzle all the time. Dark by 3:30 - 4:00 pm. I don't miss that. I traded it for Toronto where it's a hella lot colder, but at least the sun shines throughout the year.

There's a lot of truth to that brother. I found Vancouver to be too grey and rainy for me. Like from October to May its just 6 degrees, overcast and drizzle all the time. Dark by 3:30 - 4:00 pm. I don't miss that. I traded it for Toronto where it's a hella lot colder, but at least the sun shines throughout the year.
sun is always better