• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MDMA and shrooms (Psilocybin) for therapy?

nickm321

Greenlighter
Hiya, I've used both MDMA and shrooms seperately and successfully for therapy, dealing with some early life traumas. MDMA has been particularly effective. The shrooms have been really good at revealing my current "true" state, though there is still a trauma hanging around which has an elusive history. It's presence is really prominent during a shroom trip (500-1500mg) and has quite a scary quality, though tolerable and a useful pointer to problems.

I've seen plenty on hippyflipping for recreational purposes, but couldn't really find much on doing both simultaneously for therapy. My thoughts were if it worked, the shrooms could help make the trauma more prominent and identifyable, perhaps along with it's historical context. While the MDMA could make it possible to withstand working on it and processing it to resolution and integration. That would be in an ideal universe. However I've no idea if it might work, and if the MDMA and shrooms could interfere with each other when working therapeutically. Any thoughts/experience anyone?

Never done those two together, aka hippy flip, but I've done them separately and definitely understand how you are using them. As far as I know psilocybin mushrooms are nearly as safe as weed when it comes to combining them with other drugs, so you shouldn't be in any psychical danger but you should definitely double check the Internet for any negative interactions.

Im not sure if the effects of those two stack in a 1+1=2 kinda way. You might end up entering a headspace completely different than either of the two drugs. Maybe take the shrooms first to bring the trauma to the surface and the next day, with it all still fresh in your mind, take the MDMA to work on the trauma and move past it.

There might be too much going on in your head if you take both and that might just cause a jumbled mess that you won't be able to extract useful insights out of. It might also work very well, honestly I'm not sure but I think if you are using them for mental healing then taking the MDMA the next day would be the better choice.

Hiya, I've used both MDMA and shrooms seperately and successfully for therapy, dealing with some early life traumas. MDMA has been particularly effective. The shrooms have been really good at revealing my current "true" state, though there is still a trauma hanging around which has an elusive history. It's presence is really prominent during a shroom trip (500-1500mg) and has quite a scary quality, though tolerable and a useful pointer to problems.

I've seen plenty on hippyflipping for recreational purposes, but couldn't really find much on doing both simultaneously for therapy. My thoughts were if it worked, the shrooms could help make the trauma more prominent and identifyable, perhaps along with it's historical context. While the MDMA could make it possible to withstand working on it and processing it to resolution and integration. That would be in an ideal universe. However I've no idea if it might work, and if the MDMA and shrooms could interfere with each other when working therapeutically. Any thoughts/experience anyone?

If going for research and therapy, it can be used quite successfully IME. I don't know your tolerance to MDMA, but I'd suggest about 80mg, followed in about 3 hours by about 1.5g of mushrooms. For therapy sake it's better to give MDMA a little longer so you can work with your shadow self, perhaps 3 hours or longer, depends on how you'd feel. Then take mushrooms and try to meditate or completely relax your mind, try to let go of all thoughts. Whatever you were thinking earlier while on MDMA will inevitably emerge if enough attention were given, when mushies will kick in, in about an hour or so. One of my friend considers Psilocybin+MDMA to be the best drug combo and very effective "soul cleansing" tool.

Good luck and be safe! ;)