• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and sex drive

Brainfucked

Bluelighter
11 Weeks ago I done MDMA 4 times in a week. At the time I didn't realise what it could do to you in the long run. I feel completely disconected and have barely any feelings whatsoever. My sex drive is none existent. How long might recovery take. Its badly affecting my relationship. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Did you read the erectile dysfunction thread a bit below?

Just stay off the X for a month or two or more and you should be right, eat healthy, exercise and all that. Stay positive, i'm sure you will be back on track soon :)

Yeah I did and hopefully it does I feel such a prick that I can't make my girl happy it gets me down so much

Brainfucked - I feel you dude. Mdma-induced ED is unbelievably frustrating. Not much info out there about it either and the more you ask about it, the more people will tell you it's all in your head haha. Looks to me like it might just be a waiting game :( from what I have gathered from old posts on this topic, it almost always gets better with time (quickly for some, longer for others)

.. this was one of the worst symptoms, feeling nothing while watching a hot girl walk by.

it all came back

Brainfucked - I feel you dude. Mdma-induced ED is unbelievably frustrating. Not much info out there about it either and the more you ask about it, the more people will tell you it's all in your head haha. Looks to me like it might just be a waiting game :( from what I have gathered from old posts on this topic, it almost always gets better with time (quickly for some, longer for others)
How much MDMA did you consume for your ED problems to start and how long has it been?

Brainfucked I wanna shed some light on your plight.

A couple of months back I posted a thread on the SHD thread regarding lack of libido as a result of MDMA use. First and foremost I want to let you know that you are not the only person out there who is experiencing this and that yes it will go away.

When I broke up with my ex (1 and half years ago) it was right when I was honeymooning with MDMA. Arguably outside observers might say I chose the drug over her, but in reality I never really even touched on abuse, and frankly I was much more interested in experimenting and raving then really being heavily involved as a 20 year old (just being young right?). I remember my first profound notion on MDMA was a sense of asexuality. That I was able to appreciate humanity in an innocent state, almost like being sexually attracted was not so much bad, but rather a Neanderthal emotion that wasn't as important as enjoying people for being people...if that makes sense at all.

As I progressed through the next year and a half or so I began to realize that much of my social confidence with women really subsided. I am not being egotistical, but I'm not a terrible looking fellow, and much more importantly I always banked on my ability to talk my way into (or out of) any situation. While I was keeping my usage to around 1 time a month with occasional 2 month breaks I never really understood the toll extended usage was taking especially since I would redose multiple times when I was using. It got to the point where I would shy away from advances or making advances purely because the idea of being in a situation where I may have to inevitably perform and possibly fail was less interesting then whatever else I was doing at the time be it partying, school, work, whatever. It became an idea that being a normal sexual human was a nuisance. This was my first cue that perhaps my extended down regulation was having subtle effects on my libido. What at first seemed like a profound realization had become a coping mechanism for having a true connection with a woman. I had been attached to the empathy of MDMA and had supplanted the natural need of the opposite (or for others same) sex. I had actually had a terrible run in with someone who I had developed some what of a connection with. When it came time to perform I was consumed with anxiety and needless to say things did not go well in the bedroom.

After I had this realization I had rolled a couple more times keeping my dosage to once a night. The last time I rolled was in June, and I likely won't again until December. Recently, I broke my streak with a really cute number, and I can tell you that it was almost as if the oxytocin high was as profound as the first time I took E. Imagine if your brain synapses got plugged up with cement and a flood happened. I literally felt an intense warmth in my stomach as if my brain was healing itself on the spot from consistent down regulation.

I don't pretend to believe that MDMA is a bad drug, or even that my case is normal. Plenty of people use heavily and have no side effects, but I am very in tune with my body and this was definitely a case of supplanting drugs for normal interaction. You will get through this man. I promise at some random point in the near future it will all come crashing back and you will feel pretty darn near close to your old self if not better. The brain is an incredibly plastic organ. You can reverse and direct its development throughout your entire life. Chin up.