• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and Seizure

Kezia_X

Bluelighter
SWIM had gone to a rave. Swim had taken this form of MDMA so he thought it would be fine to give it to a friend. SWIM gave his friend 1g of MDMA. SWIM's friend weighs about 108 and is about 5'4. Everything was all fine and dandy the whole night. The group had come home and gone to bed. SWIM had woken up and started smoking a bowl with his friends. His friend who had taken the MDMA for the first time got all weird after smoking two hits. (this is normal because she is a light weight when it comes to everything) The friend leaned over and hit her head on the tub and was just chilling there. The group of friends had gotten concerned and grabbed her. SWIM's friend eyes were huge and her body was shaking a bit (like arms and head a bit) SWIM freaked out and was about to call 911 until his friend had sat up and started taking again. SWIM had taken her to the ER and they sent her home hours later telling us that SWIM had taken methamphetamine and then tried to tell me what we took was meth. SWIM sat their confused because swim thought that MDMA breaks down into methamphetamine in the body. The nurse told us it was pure MDMA which is very rare. Does anyone know if SWIM's friend had over dosed or just can't take MDMA?

Sounds like you didn't have mdma. It's does NOT break down Into meth. Sorry you took a bunch of crap. If it was mdma that would mean you ate 10 doses

Last edited:
High OP, we don't do SWIM here.
1 gee of MDMA is a huge dose.
I'm not sure how ER could determine that she took meth or something else particularly as analysis would have required some time.
Mdma does not metabolize to meth in the body. If they were looking at urine samples and saw meth, it's likely you took meth.
Mdma would have shown up in pee as mdma.

If they were looking at urine samples and saw meth, it's likely you took meth.
Mdma would have shown up in pee as mdma.

i thought most of the urine test kits don't differentiate between mdma and methamphetamine? or maybe the police around here is just too cheap to get proper kits...

Most urine and serum toxicology drug screens in emergency rooms are not designed to detect MDMA.
Even though MDMA does not metabolize into methamphetamine, the fact that it is structurally similar to meth at a molecular level will cause the drug test to test positive for methamphetamine.
Therefore, if the test was positive for meth, then you cannot rule out that you took MDMA.

Sounds like somebody took too much untested drugs. My advice is to buy a scale to weigh your dose and a test kit to test your product, so you can know what you're doing in the future.

Sorry, I was typing this in a hurry and didn't notice I typed 1g instead of .1g. Which that's what I thought that they did a cheap test and it came back as Methamphetamine. The thing that threw me off was the doctor was like that wasn't ecstasy it was meth. (which I was confused because it felt like roll).Then the nurse was like "that was pure mdma which was rare". Yes, I am buying a test kit.

and we are just as confused if you give us figures that are off by one order of magnitude ;)

0.1g of mdma is a perfectly normal dose (if it was mdma that you got). it could be a but much for someone who's a "lightweight with everything" but not to the point where it should cause any problems.

mdma, like any other stimulant, lowers the seizure threshold which increases the chance of having a seizure for susceptible persons. does she have any history of epilepsy? still, it'd be a bit strange since all that apparently happened on the comedown.

what diagnosis did the people at the hospital give?

i thought most of the urine test kits don't differentiate between mdma and methamphetamine? or maybe the police around here is just too cheap to get proper kits...

I was assuming a test that would be more than a simple chemical reaction, e.g. gas chromotography or nmr. For that reason my doubt about the testing in such a short period of time.
Agreed normal pee test would just show phenethylamine use.

to be perfectly honest, giving your friend a gram of "mdma" is horrible hr practice. if it's real mdma, a point should be enough to get you where you want considering your friends sensitivity to drugs.

all stimulants pose a risk of causing seizures. at the massive dose you've given this individual, it's really no surprise this happened.

a traditional 5 panel (NIDA 5) drug test used commonly used by law enforcement won't show positive for mdma. a 10 or 12 panel can detect mdma. a tox screen used a hospital will not give you a definitive answer and most often will show up as "amphetamine". some hospitals will perform a gc-ms (very expensive) if they want an absolute answer to what exact drugs were ingested and at what doses.

so if it was said that it was methamphetamine while only performing a tox screen, it most probably showed up as amphetamine.

No history of it at all. I found it strange that it happened in the morning and not at night.The doctor told me that it was new seizures caused by drugs is what we got.

Edit: Who in their right mind would give a gram. I had a typo sorry.

Last edited:
Is she on any medication? Anti-depressants? Painkillers? Anything? Any medical conditions?

Did she consume alcohol during, before or after her roll?

She consumed Alcohol the night before. MDMA the next night. Then weed in the morning.
No she isn't on anything. She doesn't have any medical conditions either

Well yours is not the first story I've read on here about someone having a seizure out of the blue on MDMA with no known pre-existing medical conditions, medications, alcohol involvement or otherwise. And it is likely that the causes are varied and numerous. I would get further medical advice on this as it could be that it is caused by an underlying medical condition. MDMA triggered it, that's almost certain, but it would surprise me if MDMA was the root cause of it, I think it is merely the triggering factor. But then again I am not a medical professional, just someone who reads a lot, so it would be unwise to trust my opinion, apart from getting a further diagnosis of the cause. Maybe see a neurologist? Anyways I hope this never happens again and was a freak occurence, as I can imagine something like that to be very terrifying. I wish you both the best :)

Too many factors to pinpoint, everything will be a guess, the biggest variable is the mdxx. A lot of complications with mdxx aren't the mdxx but what you do before during and after your high. Drink enough not enough water, electrolytes, blood pressure, blood sugar, diet, you name it, so many things that can hurt you. All of these effect your mind and how it reacts to things. Her reaction happened to be a seizure. 1 in 100k people who take the stuff have an issue just like any other drug including rX. Almost nothing is benign to everyone.