• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and Schizoaffective Disorder.

Generic84

Bluelighter
I was diagnosed Schizoaffective/PTSD in early 2009. Since then the diagnosis has changed a few times, from Schizoaffective Depressive Type, to Schizoaffective Bipolar type and I believe is now sometimes listed as Psychotic Disorder Not Otherwise Specified. I have mainly just used Weed, Kratom, Alcohol and occasionally Vicodin since then. I was able to smoke weed for a while fine after the diagnosis and even had a Medical card in California when I lived there. Then in late 2011 after about 8 months of heavy Cannabis, Hash and Hash Oil use I spun out and started having real paranoid delusions. Real crazy delusions about the boarding house I was staying at. There were some shady people there, I also hadn't been on medication for almost a year.

Fast forward to 2013, I was living back in my home state. I tried going off medication and was alright until I decided to get stoned. Then I started having weird delusions again, it seemed to actually subside after I had a bit of a tolerance to Cannabis. So I was stoned a decent amount of the time from about July to January 2014. In late December 2013 my dealer was talking about Molly and I had read that MDMA could help with PTSD/past trauma. I ended up buying a capsule and a half I believe of Molly, which I stupidly didn't test.

The first dose I had not gotten much sleep, I had waited about four days since I gave the money. Finally when I was about to go to sleep for the night, I was able to get the Molly. I had researched about not over hydrating, if I was going to have any alcohol to keep it to one or two beers. To have Gatorade around if I overhydrated. I didn't use Vitamin C prior or during the first dose. I didn't have a scale so I had to estimate the dose, which I thought was around 150 mg.

As soon as the effects kicked in, it seemed like a more intense coke buzz. Almost too intense, I felt like I was way too buzzed. I didn't freak out or anything, but I made another poor choice which was redosing later in the night. I can't even remember the rest of the experience really, just the next day crashing worse than I had on any drug previously. Wicked depression, which I am going to assume was due to redosing.

I think it was almost two weeks later and I had one dose of Molly left. Before I dosed I took a decent amount of Vitamin C and had also read up how Cannabis might help counteract the neurotoxic effects of MDMA. I ended up actually having a pretty good time. I dosed and then after it kicked in got more stoned than normal for me back then, which ended up being like an Eighth of Weed. It was probably the most euphoric high I have had to date.

I don't remember exactly when, but maybe sometime in the next week I started kind of freaking out. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with the Molly or whatever it could have been cut with. I was under a decent amount of stress, dealing with my mental problems and also a borderline relative that was causing my a lot of grief. I don't know what happened I started feeling like I was almost having seizures or something, I just felt horrible. I even went to the ER, but they didn't think anything was wrong.

Sorry if this post has been too long, I have since also been diagnosed with having Hypothyroidisim and am on Levothyroxine for it as well as 5 mg Abilify for my mental illness. I currently know of someone that has MDMA that I know is tested as such and is free from adulterants. I know I have a mental illness, but it is somewhat mild. I am currently going to college and doing fairly well. Schizoaffective is considered to have a better prognosis than Schizophrenia and not quite as good a prognosis as Bipolar disorder.

I have read that there have been small studies using MDMA for Schizophrenia with positive results. I was wondering if there is someone else with a similar MI that has used MDMA. I know no one could answer this definitively, but could have my delayed adverse reaction previously had less to do with Schizoaffective/PDNOS and more to do with something that it was cut with? Could it have actually been MDA and not MDMA? Does anyone know if Hypothyroidism could have caused a reaction also?

I just trying to weigh the positives against the negatives. I know a lot of people will immediately tell me not to use MDMA with a mental illness. There have been positive studies though and some on these boards have said they think it would actually be safer mentally than something like Cannabis or Mushrooms. Thanks in advance for the help.

Even as a fellow SA sufferer, it is very, very difficult to advise without the inherent and obvious risks.
MDMA is generally considered as beneficial in Unipolar depression and PTSD, but information on its use in BP/SA (or any Schizophreniform disorder) approaches zero.
Whilst the main effects are those related to Serotonin, it shouldn't be forgotten that MDMA is a highly efficient triple Monoamine releaser and so the DA/NE flood is as risky as any other stimulant in Mood Affective Disorders.

MDMA can result in a lot of dopamine activity, combine that with Abilify (more dopamine) and a night of missed sleep, you can have yourself a tricky situation. I would advise taking MDMA as early in the day as possible.

I don't think it has benefits for SA and related disorders and bipolar, if anything probably the opposite. I would rather see you not take the risk. But if you do use again make sure you take vitamin E the days leading up to the roll and vitamin C the day of the roll, and don't be afraid to take a benzo or something to get some sleep. Melatonin can help too.

I actually had a great time, felt like it really helped me. A headache yesterday and dehydrated. I feel fine today(two days later). I used Vitamin C, before and after the roll including today. I've read on Erowid that studies done with rats, showed that ascorbic acid drastically reduced serotonin depletion/possibly toxicity and also allowed them to roll again in a short amount of time versus the rats that weren't given Vitamin C. Against probably harm reduction, I'm thinking about rolling again tonight. 1.5 times the last dose. Also not sure why I didn't mention this, but I'm prescribed Abilify. I am waiting to see if I actually need to use it at this point. Been about four and a half months since I've been on any medication, other than one day about 11 days ago. I know many people are against rolling this close, but if I were would I include the 50 mg that I redosed an hour and a half later in the 1.5 times or the approx 175 I used initially? Thanks.

I'm a schizoaffective bipolar type...

I have discovered that mdma... makes me feel mentally stable... I don't recommend binging it will cause you to have a psychotic episode... but taking 300 mgs. Spread out daily is very effective for feeling normal... what do you think they gave people with delusional peaks or hallucinations for sure... I prefer to iv the stuff... I don't get speedy off of the stuff. Due to the child lifetime of amphetamine treatment.... so my professional opinion is due it up lol... be careful doing this stuff with ssri's or any antipshycotic meds... they either bind your seratonin and dopamine receptors or the cause them to produce more... if binded you will need to do more.. and if they produce more of the shot you can go into seratonin shock... you'll most likely die... but don't mix this stuff with anything its always bad effects on your heart or brain... and of you do a lot and are coming down take a pill that you are prescribed preferably a atypical antipshycotic.. or a antidepressant... not a lot... but it'll help you sleep and take away the horrible feeling you have... any other type of psychedelics like lad or shrooms don't take of you have bad depression or suicidal thoughts.... you will have a bad trip garunteed.. but if you can distract yourself from the bad thoughts or unrealistic delusional facts... do it up... lsd is known to actually cause schizoaffective disorders... but was used back before they had medicine they used lsd on schizophrenia... but do not do lsd or anything that is a strong tryptamine.... you will either kill yourself or want to.... I've seen it.... but do away with the mdma specially if you have a ptsd or depression disorder... the only thing that mdma will react badly with is if you have severe panic attack disorder or you just can't handle it lol..... it has caused people to go into a catatonic state from a acute panic attack..... I'm talking unresponsive screaming type shit... but yes don't mix with any drugs you are prescribed it will only have bad effects or even death.....