• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and Phenibut Combination

Heroin Girl

Bluelighter
Not sure if this would be better suited to ED, but had a question about an upcoming roll....

I take 2g of phenibut daily and was wondering what effect it would have on MDMA. I generally take more phenibut with stimulants due to anxiety but had read a short thread on DF that made me think it would weaken the roll. Haven't been able to find much other info, so any help would be appreciated. :)

GHB, a gaba-b agonist like phenibut, dulls the roll of MDMA to some degree but at the same they enjoy great synergy together. I would guess the 'dulling' effect is due to gaba-agonism with GHB, and the synergy is due to GHB's complex pharmacology on several different receptors (eg. GHB receptor, serotonin, dopamine).

With phenibut, it doesn't have a mode of action that's as complex as GHB, and no stimulatory effect either. I would expect it to only dull the MDMA experience, without providing anything else. Much like combining any gaba-agonist with MDMA.

Ah that makes sense, thanks. Would you recommend avoiding it altogether on the day I roll?

GHB, a gaba-b agonist like phenibut, dulls the roll of MDMA to some degree but at the same they enjoy great synergy together. I would guess the 'dulling' effect is due to gaba-agonism with GHB, and the synergy is due to GHB's complex pharmacology on several different receptors (eg. GHB receptor, serotonin, dopamine).

With phenibut, it doesn't have a mode of action that's as complex as GHB, and no stimulatory effect either. I would expect it to only dull the MDMA experience, without providing anything else. Much like combining any gaba-agonist with MDMA.

Disagree with bits in bold.

^You've never used GHB to kill an amphetamine high?

Phenibut has as potent stimulatory effects as GHB?

Mind elaborating?

I find phenibut extremely stimulating..

And yeah I've tried using GBL to kill an amphetamine high but it never worked.. The only way it kills it would be overpowering it to put yourself in a self induced mini-coma.. Other than that they go great together.

^You've never used GHB to kill an amphetamine high?

Phenibut has as potent stimulatory effects as GHB?

Mind elaborating?

i would say phenibut is more potent stimulant wise than ghb though the stimulant effect doesn't kick in until the next day for me....this makes senes chemically also due to it having a phenethylamine core.