Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and Memory

goodvibes

Bluelighter
Hey Bluelight,

I have a question regarding MDMA and its influence on memory. So I already know serotonin is involved in memory and have read some things about MDMA maybe causing some memory impairments in the short-term memory system and I have noticed after rolling I'm a little forgetful for a day or so--its not really a big deal at all, but noticeable nonetheless.

So here is my prediciment:

Favorite DJ is coming into town the saturday before an exam that is going to take place on that following monday. So I want to attend and I want to roll. My plan would be to study enough BEFORE saturday so that I won't really need to study that hard the rest of the weekend. In other words, I won't really be learning new information after I roll. In addition, does anyone have information regarding mdma, lack of serotonin, and long-term memory/retrieval? Not to brag but I am a really good test taker in general, but just want to know if an association exists (personal experiences are welcome) between difficulties retrieving already learned information after mdma use.

personally, i've never noticed any problems with long term memory with mdma (and i've done just fine on the few exams after rolling weekends. but mdma is something i've most often reserved for after exams or in the summer break). the only thing ime is that your short time memory is completely shot while on the drug.

. the only thing ime is that your short time memory is completely shot while on the drug.

I'm bit older (30-60 yrs) and at this age forgetting things comes with the age. But I've also noticed a severe short term memory impairment after my last MDMA streak (~8 times in 7 months). I think I've mentioned it before, but example case of being: I'm washing up beer bottles so that I can start filling them up with my home brew. I have 4 bottles in the sink and suddenly I can't remember if I've washed any of them. "I'm washing this one, but what about the rest? Are they all unwashed or did I was some of them just left them to soak here?"
That is _crazy_ and _scary_ feeling when your last 30 to 60 secs is totally blank.

I've now had 5 months break and this does not occure that often. Or at least I can't remember if it has recently occured. (<-- Should I be worried? ;) )

interesting thing is when you smoke weed during a mdma comedown it will effect short term memory hardcore.

also eyen have abused mdma on and off since 2008 and my memory has been just fine but everyone is different tho. eye also eat very healthy food which prolly helps.

I think your daily life and everything that usually goes along in that would matter more than the MDMA itself

If I take MDMA on a saturday night to go see whatever big-name DJ who happens to be in town, I will not be be back 100% to normal come Monday. I'd advice against it strongly, would you be happy with yourself if you messed up, or underperformed considerably on your exam because you couldn't stop yourself from going out the weekend before?

Hey guys,

Thanks for the input. I've decided that my academics are coming first no matter what. It was a hard decision but for the best!

Glad to hear that and good luck with your exam! :)

I have a friend who was very responsible with his rolling. Spread out his partying weeks apart... Did it for quite a while and he's fully functional but noticed he got a low slower in his mind and he told me straight up that his memory is blasted. He has no regrets though. Said "It's probably for the best"

I guess its all relative. I've been rolling for a while now, responsibly too, and I haven't noticed any sort of slowness. I've taken a final exam 10 hours after rolling and I passed it fine, so I think it has to do with motivation as well as making sure you don't overdo it when you take MDMA. If you're already not enthusiastic about your education it wouldn't matter if you took MDMA, you're already more inclined to preform mediocrely compared to someone who is, and MDMA use would make that even more pronounced

Just how I see it