Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and gabapentin interaction

Coldandcomposed

Greenlighter
Help! MDMA and gabapentin interaction

Hi, I'm fairly new to these threads. I've been reading these boards for a while but just created an account because tonight I had a very strange experience and was looking for knowledge or experience.
Edit: also feel free to move this to another area if it doesn't belong here. Sorry. I wasn't sure where to post.

I'm an experienced MDMA user. I've been using for about 8 months intravenously 2/3x a week. Sometimes only once a week. (I am fully aware that is more often than the safe dosing regime).
My Dosing probably started at >.2g for the first shot and is now at about .4 or .5 for a decent hit. I will mention My use has also decreased from weekly to once or twice a month (over the course of a few days). Also There are days I load a g or more into a rig and enjoy the ride and can handle it.

Anyways, I was recently prescribed 300mg 3x a day of gabapentin. Today I took a little more then recommended because I had a rough day and didn't feel anything from my initial 300mg dose. I took 900mg orally and felt it after a few hours. Probably 7 hours later I shot .3g of MDMA and it was like a completely different drug. The onset was heavy, everything around me slowed down, I began hallucinating (more than the normal hallucinogenic effects of the trailing and what have you) like I was seeing people that weren't there and hearing voices that weren't real. It was an awful experience for the first time. Which is unfortunate.

I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the mechanisms that gabapentin works on and how that interacts with the use of MDMA. I've done some research on gabapentin before I started taking it but from what I've read it's a fairly new drug and is used for a variety of things so specifics are hard to find.

Last edited:
Going by your outlined usage and method of consumption it's pretty much pointless to consider other chemical interaction.

The MD, if it's indeed MD as you also appear not to test?, is gonna well and truly do you first. .2 to begin intravenous would be a massive hit if you were getting good stuff, hence why I don't think you test. .5 in a hit well you must be built like and Ox or as stated getting God knows what.

I guess you know and realise the risk of injecting unknown powders into yourself and the potential nightmare you face very quickly of loss of limbs, heart disease, vein collapse, blockage and very likely screwing up any future quality of life.

I can only guess as to why your addiction of choice is MD and I guess your in a hard place but my advice is take a good look at what your trying to achieve. Get some help if you can. Does the doctor know before prescribing what your doing as self medication?

Also be aware your supply is shit and you could well OD if you finally did get a high quality product. So test really is the only option and your primary worry certainly shouldn't be about loss of a high. You will and as you clearly are most definitely getting diminished return from MD so it won't be long before any magic you seek is all gone and your left with an ampehtamine sketchy high. Probably just like what you now experience

First, I know my dosing has gotten a bit out of control and I have been seeking help. i don't need to explain the details but the dosage I said is true and dramatically increased (to the .5) when I've been using more often. Tolerance I suppose.
Also .2 did floor me. I felt like I was under a train for about 30 minutes the first time. I just laid there and felt amazing.
Though we didn't test it ourselves I'm sure that stuff was good because my boyfriend didn't buy crap back then. But then we started getting from some one else and it was ok. Decent but not the best we've ever had.
But tonight it was different stuff my boyfriend and I usually get. Same guy. But this time it was a white crystal instead of a brown one- didn't taste the same as the other stuff we usually get.
I do admit a lot of the magic is gone. It's the initial rush from the plunger I'm after. And it just didn't happen- I was just wondering if the gabbapentin could be effecting it.
Thanks for your concern though. Also, I'm 5'8 and roughly 135/140lbs. So I know these are high and dangerous doses- but it's what my body used to be able to handle until tonight it seems.

Last edited:
My heart goes out to you. Taking such risks with your life is your decision but give yourself a fighting chance of a future and consider buying a test kit.

At least then you will know that you have what you think you have and you can clearly say oh well the magic has gone time to give this substance a rest.

Over indulgence of MD will simply result in issue later. It's not something you can use daily or weekly it'll stop delievring and inevitable lead to many symptoms you may already have at a base line level without drugs.

I've been there and know only too well and lost lots of friends along the way who decided to keep trying to chase a buzz.

Take care be safe

MDMA and gabapentin

First off this post is super old,but is this guy still alive? No not joking, concerned, anyways i to am on gabapebtin 2700 mg a day(900 3x daily)I like mdma tho it has been awhile , can anyone tell me if they have experiences witH this good/or bad. TIA yes I release this post is old as I said sorry for spelling and sentences as I'm on right now (30 min in)lol... I know little to late to ask but I did it once before it was definitely different

In my experience, MDMA that comes off as clear Crystal, probably 85% of the time is.not MDMA and just your basic RC. however it's not unusual finding mdma in clear form, but usually brown to yellow is more the trademark, yes I know, chemists can dilute with.any color known to man, I'm just saying in general people..