• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and epilepsy

i take one low dose keppra pill a day but am going to roll this weekend, i know you are supposed to take keppra thesame time everyday for it to work best, but i take my keppra at 10 at night is it fine to still take it at 10 when im probably going to take either mali or e at 9.. should i still take the keppra at 10 or take it earlier? advice please!

i take one low dose keppra pill a day but am going to roll this weekend, i know you are supposed to take keppra thesame time everyday for it to work best, but i take my keppra at 10 at night is it fine to still take it at 10 when im probably going to take either mali or e at 9.. should i still take the keppra at 10 or take it earlier? advice please!

You should take the keppra before you go out. I take keppra myself and asked my doctor if messing up the time schedule would have any effects on me, but I was told that if I just take the right dosage and take the pills with 6 hours between the dosages i would be fine. For example, I take 750mg at 10 in the morning and 500mg at 6 in the evening. So if i miss the morning pills I have until 12 to take it unless I have to move the night dosage.

I also smoke weed sometimes and I found that I don't have to take the pill if I am going to smoke and that weed has a more positive effect on my epilepsy than the keppra pills.

I don't know anything about her medication, so I can't comment, but if I had epilepsy, I'd stay the hell away from any stimulant. MDMA and other stimulants can cause seizures even in people who aren't epileptic and susceptible to them. Just because someone is epileptic and hasn't had a seizure from doing drugs yet, doesn't mean they aren't still at major risk. If she chooses to do it anyways, she should definitely keep her dose on the lower side.

I am hoping that some one reads this. I am 28 years old now and through ages 19-22 I went to a lot of raves, and special "parties" so I was rolling maybe 5-6 times a month and that was some crazy memories I made and I thought it was some of the best memories of my life with all the women and traveling. When I stopped doing E I started noticing these little spells I had that lasted about 10-15 seconds almost like a pill when it first kicks in, while getting a felling of deja vu and a little tingle in my body. It was hard to hide these spells from surrounding people but I learned how to just hide it from people since I would some times have 10-12 of these episodes a day and sometimes only 1-2 a week, so they were very sporadic. I kind of enjoyed these episodes because they did feel kind of good..a few years forward, and I am 25 now and at work when one of my episodes comes up, and I am thinking nothing of it and start going through it and notice it is a stronger feeling of europhoria, and next thing I know I am waking up looking inside of an ambulance, where the e.m.t.'s tell me I just had a grand mal seizure, and later I got diagnosed with generalized myclonic epilepsy and find out all of those little spells I had were seizures too. I lost my license twice, take meds that mess up my head and memory, and had altered the rest of my life. I found out that I had developed epilepsy because of the "rolls" I had taked for those few years. If I could go back I would not take them again since now I see how many other people that I knew had developed epilepsy also, please if you are taking them stop because I will tell you its not worth what it does to the rest of your life, but if you are anything like I was you will just read this and disregard it while saying "that won't happen to me because________". you go ahead and fill in the blank if you feel that lucky.....

Sounds like typical adult onset epilepsy to me. Who knows if your drug abuse has had anything to do with it.

^not to mention this fellow has admitted to 5-6 rolls a month for years, equating to up to two rolls a week, did you seriously not expect side effects. It is continuously noted amongst virtually any harm reduction post on this forum or elsewhere that MDMA is not a drug to be used more than once every 30 minimum, preferably every 90 days because of it's mechanism of action and how long serotonin takes to restore to normal levels after MDMA usage. You're warning isn't completely useless but simply stating that any user has a high chance of developing epilepsy is absurd. Your carelessness with your usage has paved the path leading to your current state, but it obviously can easily be avoided...Taking simple precautions like testing your Molly or E to ensure it is pure MDMA, as well as conservatively timing out your rolls eliminates a very large chunk of the potential dangers of MDMA usage, as seen by the fact that MDMA is even being used medically now for PTSD and other psychiatric tramau's or disorders. It IS safe if used responsibly, your opinion is very biased because of your rather heavy abuse of the drug...

Moderation is key to virtually everything in life, get your facts straight.

I apologize for any errors in this message, it was typed from my phone.

Yeah I heard of a guy who I used to score off, he had a seizure at a dance event on E. I guess it can happen.

You have different kinds of epilepsy I believe. My friend had a seizure once after rolling but in his case it didn't actually have anything to do with it. He can't over do things like work or stress etc. If he does that and rolls on top of that he has a very high risk of seizure so I'd make sure your friend takes it real easy for a few days after...

Hello, i have epilepsy and take trileptal and lamictal. I also take Ativan as needed. I just got a hold of pure MDMA and I was planning on taking it at Smf. It came out straight black with the bunk police marquis test. The people who have taken it who claimed they are very "experienced" users and it only takes .1 for them to roll off of this stuff. I was explaining how my boyfriend takes .5 of the Molly he gets, which we tested to be 2c-b and methylone. They told me if he took .5 or even .3 of this he would end up in the hospital or die. I have rolled 3 times before off of this cheap Molly we had and was fine, but last time it did cause me to seize and end up in the hospital. My question is if taking .3 of 2c-b and methylone made me seize last time, will taking this pure MDMA be a bad experience? Even if I just took .075?