• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and Doxycycline

charles23

Greenlighter
Curious about the interactions between MDMA and Doxycycline. If one were to be on 200 MG doxycycline, what would the effects be with MDMA? I understand that the effects of the MDMA are potentiated because it's breakdown is slowed by the fact that doxycycline inhibits the enzyme CYP3A4. As such, it could be dangerous because MDMA would not be broken down fast enough. However, I'm curious if anyone would like to expound upon this in more detail. Doing some research has shown that this could also be neuroprotective to a certain degree. Thus, could it actually be possible that MDMA (in half dose, say) in combination with doxycycline could have the same effect as normal dose, but with added neuroprotection?

Additionally, does anyone know on the reverse side, how the use of MDMA might affect the efficacy of doxycycline? I mention the use case of doxycycline here has being taken for acne, not for treating a short-term infection.

Thank you alll!

Curious about the interactions between MDMA and Doxycycline. If one were to be on 200 MG doxycycline, what would the effects be with MDMA? I understand that the effects of the MDMA are potentiated because it's breakdown is slowed by the fact that doxycycline inhibits the enzyme CYP3A4. As such, it could be dangerous because MDMA would not be broken down fast enough. However, I'm curious if anyone would like to expound upon this in more detail. Doing some research has shown that this could also be neuroprotective to a certain degree. Thus, could it actually be possible that MDMA (in half dose, say) in combination with doxycycline could have the same effect as normal dose, but with added neuroprotection?

Additionally, does anyone know on the reverse side, how the use of MDMA might affect the efficacy of doxycycline? I mention the use case of doxycycline here has being taken for acne, not for treating a short-term infection.

Thank you alll!

The half life of doxy is 18-22 hours. Ive heard after five days 95% is cleared and by seven days 99% should be cleared.-you may want to research it more

probally best to take a week break .

Im on 20 mgs twice a day for nine months, for my gums so on the smallest dose and probally wouldnt be effected; however, if I would roll I would take a week break before

Yeah indeed, I'd wait for it to clear your body. Apart from the apparent risk for OD, who knows what other interactions they might have that we don't know about. Better to err on the safe side of things with stuff like this

Also yes, MDMA has an influence on how well doxycycline works. Not directly, but by tremendously weakening your immune system (see here). That's why you are much more likely to get sick right after a roll. So indirectly MDMA will influence how well the antibiotics work yes

Thanks for the responses. Suppose one were to cut the MDMA dosage by x, say half, to compensate for the potentiatiating factor of the Doxycycline, say double. Where would the problem exist here? It seems the OD problem wouldn't occur any more likely than it would at a full dose of MDMA. Also, with regards to the immune system, the doxycycline is taken for acne, not for fighting a short-term infection. Additionally, supplementing with Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Vitamin C, etc. would reduce the oxidating stress of the MDMA by quite a bit wouldn't it, thereby lowering magnitude of immune system weakening?

Well since acne is caused by bacteria as well, or they wouldn't prescribe antibiotics for it, I can only assume it will lessen the effects the medication has on the acne :\ that in itself might not cause you much grief, but the two will influence each other probably, either directly or indirectly. Since it's prescribed for acne there might not be apparent risks apart from a potential acne breakout, but I think it's never advised to combine medications and drugs when it can be avoided. There is still so much we do not yet know about these drugs so there is always a factor of unpredictability

I'm not going to advise a dose since I don't posses the knowledge to do that, I have no idea by how much the antibiotics potentiate the MDMA and I've never tried the combo, or any combo of MDMA with antibiotics for that matter

Last edited:
I was taking 100 mg of Doxycycline 2 times a day for 7 days. I've finish my treatment yesterday and tomorrow I'll go to a party. I'd like to know if is safe to take MDMA 2 days after the treatment or if the effects of the antibiotic would still there. Thanks a lot for your help!