Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and Cannabis induced anxiety

sierra88

Greenlighter
Hi!

Under normal circumstances I get extreme anxiety when smoking or ingesting any cannabis. However, when I am high on MDMA I am able to smoke or ingest what seems like an unlimited amount. I am trying to figure out what it is I can do when I am not on MDMA that might relieve the anxiety so I can smoke or ingest as much as I want. I have though about taking an SSRI but from what I have read SSRIs do not produce the same effect as MDMA. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

SSRI may limit or completely block out the effect of MDMA.

Many people will disagree with me but I always find it very foolish to combine ANY drugs. Perhaps your should rethink your usage

MDMA can be so incredibly relaxing it should be obvious why you get little to no anxiety on it even when smoking cannabis
And don't be foolish, SSRI's can have horrendous effects even when taken as prescribed for depression, you should never even consider taking SSRI's just so you can smoke cannabis.
SSRI's can be very likely to make you suicidal, they did for me

if cannabis isn't for you, then don't smoke it. anything i can think of that could make you tolerant to its anxiety inducing effects has much greater dangers and side effects than cannabis itself.

I also can't smoke cannabis, but I haven't dare tried it with MDMA just to make sure I don't ruin a good night. But your experience might inspire me to try it.

I think the problem is being able to let go while on weed, and letting it do it's thing. IDK though, the anxiety kills me too. I've just stopped smoking it entirely.

Just smoke less weed when you are smoking it by itself. I get the same thing with smoking unlimited amounts while rolling (or while drunk or on coke), but if it's just weed by itself I'll just have a couple cones every hour or so to keep a nice buzz going without getting too fucked up

Don't get too comfortable with the lack of panic with weed and MDMA. Its not common (in fact, many of us started our panic disorder by having a panic attack from smoking weed while rolling - myself included) and the panic attacks from cannabis and MDMA are the WORST!

With that said, Sweet Jones has the right idea about just smoking less weed. Or try to get an Indica strain, they're far less anxiety producing than Sativa.

Maybe my body produces too much serotonin from taking MDMA so many times. Knowing that cannabis increases serotonin could it be that I am able to tolerate cannabis only when I am on MDMA as MDMA releases serotonin and thus it is balanced out. Therefore taking a serotonin antagonist such as feverfew or ritanserin might help? Worth a shot. I'll keep you posted!

\

With that said, Sweet Jones has the right idea about just smoking less weed. Or try to get an Indica strain, they're far less anxiety producing than Sativa.

This your best bet. I think it's very foolish to take meds just to tolerate weed. If you try and Indica strain and still get bad anxiety from it just give it up.

Maybe my body produces too much serotonin from taking MDMA so many times. Knowing that cannabis increases serotonin could it be that I am able to tolerate cannabis only when I am on MDMA as MDMA releases serotonin and thus it is balanced out. Therefore taking a serotonin antagonist such as feverfew or ritanserin might help? Worth a shot. I'll keep you posted!

your body does not produce more serotonin because you have taken mdma many times.
also it wouldn't balance out, but rather stack if it worked that way.

as has been said before, mdma has a remarkable anti-anxiety effect (that's also why it's useful in psychotherapy) and cannabis can be quite anxiogenic in some people (actually i think it's most people. the older you get, the less tolerance you have and the more you have smoked in the past, the greater the chance for being one of them according to my observations; at 18 almost my whole circle of friend regularly smoked grass, but by age 25 most had stopped due to anxiety issues). so mdma overpowers the pro-anxiety component of cannabis. to have the same effect you'd need a strong anxiolytic drug and most of them are rather addictive. you definitely do not want a benzo addiction just because you had the idea that you could get high on weed if you used them. it's not nearly worth it.

Cannabis in low doses raises serotonin while higher doses lower it. Its not a consistent effect. I certainly wouldn't take a serotonin antagonist just to try to make it easier to smoke cannabis. You're asking for trouble here trying to find a way around it.

Cannabis has affinity for 5-HT3 which is why it is great for nausea and vomiting from chemotherapy meds but its foolish to think that you're tolerating it because of serotonin effects. The bottom line is that MDMA makes it much more difficult to have a bad time. That doesn't last though and when it goes away, you will be in a world of pain.

Seriously, if you can't tolerate cannabis - there's a reason. Maybe you just shouldn't be smoking.