• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and Brain Zaps

roller11dude

Bluelighter
Last weekend I went on a binge. I hadn`t rolled in a few months so i took a cap of molly, then another, then railed another, then tried to get the roll back by railing another, but it didnt work. I was also drinking. Then the next day i drank all afternoon, and popped a cap, and railed a half a cap. I felt really sketchy, people said the caps might be laced with speed. I think they were because it kept me up for like 12 hours after popping even though i was running on no sleep. Stupid idea, I`m never being this careless again, and heres why

The next night when I was trying to fall asleep I got brain zaps. Basically, right when I`m drifting off and about the be asleep, id get a somewhat powerful electric shock in my brain that lasted half a second or so. This happened 4 or 5 times until i finally got to bed. Apparently i was twitching alot in my sleep which isnt typical for me.

The next day (yesterday) I took a bunch of vitamins, fish oil, ALA, 5-HTP and melatonin before bed (all which i conveniantly forgot to take over the weekend), and got to sleep fine without any zaps, but i did still twitch abit apparently.

Anyone have any similar experiences, and should i be worriedÉ I`m gonna take another decently long break from MDMA and buy a test kit too.

PS. I`ve never been depressed or on anti depressants.

edit: oh and whats the best test kit to test for meth that can be shipped to canada :)

Last edited by a moderator:
For a lot of other reading to learn more you can check out electric shocks in the Directory.

First, I would avoid consuming such large quantities in a binge-like fashion; let alone doing so on consecutive days. Excessively high amounts of amphetamines or MDMA for prolonged periods of time can reduce the electro-chemical threshold required for neuronal firing and can, in turn, lead to seizure activity in regions of the brain most effected. What you experienced will most likely be temporary and will subside with time and rest from using the drug. I would be extremely vigilant, however, in regards to the next time you dose because if this side effect becomes routine or more pronounced then it could signal something more serious. Hope this helps.

Well that doesnt sound like mdma at all...
Brain zaps and lack of sleep = I would think bzp instantly

I've experienced something like this on a couple of occasions. It was the weirdest thing. It would happen the day after as I was dozing off for a nap, and I'd have this occasional jolt that would happen as I'm dozing off. It would wake me up every time, but I'd just giggle about it because it is the oddest thing. Yet, it was very soothing. Maybe I'm just weird lol. I'd like to note, it only has happened a couple of times. It was when I went a little overboard and would take maybe 3 pills in a night. I usually only take 1.5-2 pills in one night. I had also been doing it more frequently than normal. At that time, it was roughly twice or so in one month. Well, there was one night when I had taken probably 4 or 5 (The most binge I have ever done in my life, and will never do again). I experienced the same jolting effects the day after when dozing off.

I have gone through the other threads about electric shock, but they've said it feels like a jolt of electricity. It doesn't feel like that to me at all. I'm assuming I am just fatigued from the previous night, and my body is just under a little stress. Factor in maybe financial stress for me, pilling all night, and working off of 3 hours of sleep. I think it will definetly do the trick.

dude ive gotten brain zaps from just smoking weed. in a time when i hadnt taken mdma for over 3 years, i got brain zaps almost every night when i was about to fall asleep (regardless of any drug actually, could be when completely sober)

so weird

I've had the "brain zaps" as well. A day or two after takin mdma it'll take forever for mmme to fall asleep and when I finally do ill wake up in an instant with my brain hurting. There was one time when I woke up and was like making a weird noise cause I was in so much pain

ive had them when im trying to sleep before. they always seem to happen when im suffering from sleep paralysis.

I've had these "brain zaps" before. They began after an ecstasy filled weekend much like yours. For me these "brain zaps" happened randomly throughout the day, and would increase in frequency when I smoked pot. It lasted for about a week. I asked one of my friends who used to take E all the time about and he told me that I probably had taken a shit load of E that was cut with heroin and these "zaps" were my body going through some sort of withdrawal. I'm not really sure if that's even true or not.

Personally, I like Sl1pp3Ry's reasons.

Ive never gotten brain zaps from just say dropping a few caps during the night, but one weekend i went on a bender snorting mdma for just over 2 days with little sleep in between. After that i got brain zaps that lasted about 3-4 days. First and only time ive ever gotten them.

5-HTP didnt doo much to stop them but i usually only got them when i was laying down or about to go to sleep. Never when i was working or i had my brain concentrating on other things.

pills cut with H. wouldnt that just be counter productive?

I dunno, maybe. Like I said, I don't think he knew what he's talking about. He has become an e-tard and god knows they are about as smart as horse shit.

im getting them alot after a heavy night on mdma, usually happens when i start drinking anything (dont mean alcohol just water etc), pretty much when i gulp my brain tingles.. doesnt hurt just feels weird as hell, usually goes after a few days but curious what exactly is happening! :)

It is happening to me, i had my hands across some purest MDMA, and went on a binge for like a week, with 5-7g consummed. It was last week, the next 2 days i had brain zaps as yours while taking a nap, or smoking weed, now they occure more often and randomly, mostly when i make some work out or exercise. It freaks the shit out of me. Anyone got an idea how long will it last, and is there any way to reduce em?

It is happening to me, i had my hands across some purest MDMA, and went on a binge for like a week, with 5-7g consummed. It was last week, the next 2 days i had brain zaps as yours while taking a nap, or smoking weed, now they occure more often and randomly, mostly when i make some work out or exercise. It freaks the shit out of me. Anyone got an idea how long will it last, and is there any way to reduce em?

5-7 grams in a week!?!?!?!! WTF!!?!?! loll thats an absurd amount...take some 5-htp, hopefully that will help. oh and don't ever eat that much again.