• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA* and anxiety/paranoia

spiccoli

Greenlighter
Hey so I"m pretty experienced with MDMA back when I was younger -- did it maybe 50 times in the past ten years. Almost all of my rolls were great! (Different experiences, of course; some were better than others, but the point is that I know just what to expect.)

Anyhow tonight I took some (not tested) and it was coming on great - I was at a concert. (The only thing that was different is I preloaded with priceatam, and I did a bunch about two weeks ago, so I didn't space it out for a couple months like I normally would.) But then after the first rush I took a bit more, and it was too much.

And man let me tell you, tonight it sucked. I've had too much before and I know what that's like -- you just need to chill out, find someone to talk with or have a cigarette, and then after a bit you settle into a cool roll. But tonight the show was ruined for me because I was so very paranoid. (I realize in hindsight it was 98 percent in my head but I thought people were looking at me, laughing at me, I was worried about security, etc. Even after I got home hours ago I continued to feel paranoid and super anxious, and also, I felt like a lot of self-loathing for somewhat ruining my concert. Finally I took some xanax and now I'm all right.

MY QUESTION: Anyone ever have a similar experience? Any ideas what might my stuff been cut with? Regardless, I'm going on a long health kick for a while (like I often do; no recreational chemistry, a good diet, lots of sleep and exercise. I'm getting too old for this shit!) But I was just curious if anyone knows of any additives that could have contributed to this, or if the priceatam may have contributed? It was just odd to have a roll start normally and then go so awry.

Thanks if anyone has any thoughts.

No possible way of identifying what you took unless you tested.
People do sometimes flip to paranoia on mdma, but it's unusual.

Yeah a lot of people have had similar reactions just stay sober for a bit til you sort out. Look into the success stories thread and you'll see that others have the same type of thing

Sounds like you took a bit too much. I have experienced some anxiety/paranoia with MDMA on higher doses, although this is usually the come-up where like you say you just need to chill out and chat to a friend. Once you've ridden that it's usually ok. Maybe the setting just wasn't right for the high dose, or maybe it wasn't pure MDMA. Who knows really.