• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA / Amphetamines, and electronic music

LivetospeedBez

Greenlighter
Ok, so I have this theory that MDMA or any other amphetamine for some unknown reason, makes Electronic dance music 10000x better.

My favorite empathogenic drugs are MDMA, and Propylhexadrine. These two chemicals seem to make listening to EDM so much better. Why can this be? Maybe the waves the sounds emit? Or maybe your just so high you like music that just has a pounding beat you can stay awake and dance to?

This question has been pondering my mind for a while now. I wish I knew the answer?
If anyone wants to comment in thier opinion why that would be lovely.

Yours truly,
Live to speed

Music appreciation is an effect of a lot of drugs (Mdma,k,lsd,mushrooms, opiates etc.)
It's not just electronic music it makes better but any type that you enjoy.

Mdma and other psychedelics made me appreciate music in general more, even when I'm sober.

Electronic music does indeed sounds good on drugs, but the setting you do it in counts too. A club/rave with good friends makes the experience so much better.

I was on a festival watching Alt-J on mdma two years ago was as good, if not even better than a club will ever be. Set and setting is what makes the experience good.

Indeed, it makes the music you like better, be it electronic or live music. I don't like techno and last time I went to a techno rave, my roll was underwhelming. Bad setting. Though, I agree that MDMA has a special sinergy with bass heavy music. Like LSD with high pitch sounds.
I would be interested in the anatomy behind this, too.

It does improve any music that you enjoy, but I think it works specifically well with electronic, as electronic music possesses the audio equivalent of the visual aesthetic qualities of fluorescent, sharp colours, neon, bright pinks and blues, and visual deepness etc, which the phenethylamine psychedelic state of consciousness pushes. Similarly, I find on mushrooms, which push a green/yellow, earthy and muddy visual space, go well with organic sounding, rich and layered music, which may also be electronic, but usually not dance/rave music, more like experimental (Autechre while on mushrooms is utterly mind destroying)

You know i used to hate electronic music when i was a teenager, especially techno and house. Then once i rolled it's like it clicked, like if the music and the drug were meant for each other. All the build ups and drops and stuff just made sense after my first experience on real mdma. Now i can put up with it but only because im always looking for good tunes to roll to next time.

Jesus christ
propylhexedrine is not an empathogenic drug. Its a stimulant, and a shit one at that. i wouldnt take that shit if you paid me to do it.
if you can get mdma how can you not get amphetamine or methamphetamine
neither are empathogenic but have an effect for me at least just as profound as mdma on music.
I rarely take mdma. Less than once a year, lately. but listen to nothing but electronic music nowadays for the most part.
but if you live to speed right
set your sights higher than propylhexedrine.
thats like being satisfied with a 2nd grade education.
you dont even know what being spun is yet if thats the extent of your use of amphetamines.

MDMA, amphetamine, and methamphetamine (and possible MDA and MDE--idk, I've only done those once time each) specifically reinforce bass heavy, highly repetitive electronic music. (I've found drum n bass to be more conducive to listening to while stoned.) For example, my favorite electronic song atm (by Daft Punk, from their live album, "Alive") is like a mantra; it goes, "Time of your life. Time of your life. Time of your life. Time of your life. Time of your life. Time of your life. Time of your life. Time of your life. Time of your life. Time of your life. Time of your life. Time of your life. Time of your life. Time of your life. Time of your life." See the pattern?