Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA after some mushies?

SWIMpsy

Greenlighter
Hi all,

So I just want to confirm something which I think I already know.

So there is a music fest coming up soon, It starts midday and finishes just after midnight I think. So around 14 hours I think.
I am planning on chomping some mushies (2 or 3g) when I first get there, I have a naturally higher tolerance so I won't even get CEV on that amount.
I will probably make a tea so it will last around 6 hours or so, so I should be coming off around 6PM or so.

Then later on I want to drop some MDMA for when the really good artists start playing, around 9PM maybe. I have normally just purchased pills and capsules from others although will hopefully get a contact for some apparently uncut, crystal MDMA which is sold in a bag so I will be able to weigh it out and I was thinking of trying 150mg, I have no clue how much I have previously taken and I have not taken any MDMA for around 4 and a half months when the festival arrives. Normally I would just take a single pill although I would not get the same effects as others, but then again some of the stuff we got had traces of 2CB in it along with MDMA (according to marquis reagent testing). Normally I would just end up wanting to hug people and not get much of a "I want to dance" feeling. Just want to strike up conversation with others and get some hugs and cuddles. I am not a very big guy - I am pretty short and weigh around 56 / 57KG.

Now I just want to make sure that the mushies won't physically interfere with the MDMA at all, in terms of tolerance or anything of that sort?

Also any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

There won't be a tolerance you should worry about. However I suggest you test that 'apparently uncut' MDMA with marquis reagent (available online or in most headshops).
150mg is a lot for your weight, I'm 70kg and I take 120mg (tested, pure, uncut) and roll asses. Above 130g it gets uncomfortable with intense eye-wiggles, poor balance, some confusion.
I think your dose without tolerance should be ~100mg. ;)

Hmm, the mdma + mushroom combo is considered a hippyflip and it's pretty good.

I highly doubt there is cross tolerance between them, but I would take them closer together time-wise. I see that you're timing it that way for a reason, and your doses are kind of high, however I can't say how it would turn out since I never did it that way. I've always taken both close together (eg. mdma then shrooms right after, vice versa, or maybe a few hours in for either one) and extend the duration with lots of good herb.

So, you will probably be shroomed out, and then roll on mdma on their own. If that's what you're expecting and not trying to synergize them, then your plan is fine.

Just being a little off the line of thoughts here. Something caught my attention, and it is so common but it´s also a huge alert.
When OP says " I want to drop some MDMA for when the really good artists start playing, around 9PM maybe"

That normally reads like, well since I cannot feel anything good unless I´m f..g drugged. That must be an alert for you man!!
For Christs sake, I understand you want to have fun and add some drugs into that, but when you start to do it because you would probably not enjoy anything if it wasn´t for MDMA, you may be in serious trouble.
Suggest you try to have fun, a little bit, without MDMA so that you can understand how deep you are heading towards to.
Don´t mean to spoil you fun. Just make you think a little bit what you are doing with your life and believe me, there are severely consequences from living like this.
Believe it or not, I´m saying this without any prejudice, just really trying to reach you and alert for harm reduction!

I agree with Erikmen on being mindful about one's substance use and frequent use (of anything, really) could easily lead to not enjoying things as much while being sober. This is one of the many reasons why we promote monthly use at most.
As long as it's not an everyday(or everyweek) thing, I absolutely understand what that sentence in bold implies because I also do the same. I arrive at the venue around 9-10pm, chat with others, have a beer, then I drop a half an hour before the headliner starts at 1.00am. It's undeniable that music is far more enjoyable with MDMA. I know the artist, I listen to their music while being home, sober, and like it very much. I even dance to it :) But that does get 10x better on MDMA. I go to the parties to meet friends and other people and together we experience what that specific music & drug's synergy has to offer. But again, moderation is key, you have to have your sober time to learn to appreciate what happened! Same is true for psychedelics, you can't integrate your experience into this life if you're viewing things from a different perspective all the time!

Sorry for the delayed response from me, been a bit busy with work and life I guess :p

I did not think there would be any cross tolerance, just wanted to double check.
Also noted on 150mg being pretty darn high and possibly uncomfortable with eye twitches and such, I think I will then rather do somewhere between 100mg and 120mg.
I will without a doubt test it with some Marquis as soon as I get it, always rather be safe and know for sure. A lot of people will tell you what you want to hear just so you will purchase their product.

I do not want to hippyflip really, I plan on getting shroomed up and then rolling on some MDMA. Not really planning for the two to overlapse. There aren't any other big festivals this year which I am planning on attending - normally I would not do something like this and I have never actually done it before (mushrooms at first, then when it wears off after a few hours taking some MDMA).

Also thanks for the heads up and concern with regards to rolling or taking various substances too often. It is something I am very aware of and try to be mindful of, I do not want to develop an addiction where I am unable to do things without these substances. I always try and space out when I plan on taking substances. As I have said I have not taken any MDMA since Halloween and do not plan on it until this festival. With my psychedelics I am doing that a bit more often but I still space it out and wait for tolerance to diminish, I am still fairly new to psychedelics though so am curious to try it in various settings and various doses as well.

I have gone out and had a good time without taking any substances and I try and make sure that I do that as well, just so that I myself know that I can still have fun and am not relying on a substance in order to have fun.

Another quick question which I literally just thought of now. I have some 5-HTP which I got recently, I have never taken it before and have not rolled since I got some.
I have heard it can help make you feel better the day after taking some MDMA as it leads to serotonin creation / replenishment?
What if I were to take some a few hours before I rolled? Would that have any effect on my experience after taking some MDMA? Then I was thinking of taking some when I get home from the festival before I goto bed and then again in the morning after I have woken up?

What do you guys think about that and what is the normal / recommended dose of 5-HTP to be taking? Each capsule contains 100mg 5-HTP and 25mg Vitamin B6.