• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA after recovered from a stroke?

gweedo79

Greenlighter
I am wondering on the risks if a person who had a stroke a couple years ago were to try MDMA, (low to medium dose of tested) My SO had a stroke a year and a half ago, she is a non-drinker, non drug user, non smoker, reasonable health. She suffers social anxiety and PTSD from childhood trauma and I think MDMA would be a great tool to help her get past these and help her in these aspects. the cause of the stroke was never fully determined, but from all the results the doctors have determined she has a chromosome that is 10-15% higher risk of stroke than the average healthy person. she has no remaining side affects (other than worry about having another stroke) Health and recovery was strong enough doctor has not kept her on any medications after 90days from the stroke. other than told her her main concern is dehydration. and advised her to take a Childs asprin a day as preventive.

I feel that a MDMA experience may really help her physiological well being, but defiantly do not want to take that chance if there is a increased health risk due to the past stroke (excluding the obvious hydration concerns)

Before someone with REAL knowledge can chime in, perhaps my anecdotal input could be of some use. Obviously a stroke isn't necessarily a specific thing - there's varying degrees of severity, location within the brain, bleed/clot, age, etc etc.

I suffered a stroke myself a few days over 9 years ago - I was 17 at the time. Never touched any drugs whatsoever prior (I'd had maybe a single beer under my belt hahaha). Had just finished my 12th season of soccer, and was in great health and fitness. Nekminnit random stroke followed by a week in hopsickle learning to use the left hand side of my body again. BORING. However unlike your SO, in my case the doctors concluded it was back luck/caused by something I did to myself like twisting my neck, and not something in predisposed to.

The anecdotal bit:
Since this incident, I've gone through a couple of years of weekly binge drinking nights out (which I got over), took up smoking cannabis, have tried multiple psychedelics inclusive of 25i-NBOMe (if anything's risky, it'd be this one haha), and have ingested my fair share of MDMA. On plenty of occasions. At no stage did I feel any risk whatsoever with regards to stroke - minor vasoconstriction on some things (not as much MDMA) and minor BP increase, but nothing concerning. Just ensured to keep hydrated :)

But yeah, just my 2c as someone who's suffered a stroke themselves while ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY FKN HEALTHY and then gone on to use various drugs regularly, inclusive of MDMA.

If correlation = causation, then you could almost say that having taken up the use of such drugs has prevented my from having further strokes :p (JOKING!!! OF COURSE haha)

stimulants constrict blood vessels, which increases the risk for a stroke. with that kind of medical history, it's imho not worth the risk.

Thank you both fro your input, it was a clot, the doctors said they found no constricted vessels. the most likely is dehydration causing low BP, after the stroke she has been making sure she is drinking enough water and has lost weight(she is only slightly over weight 20-30lbs) If this is the case it sounds the biggest concern would be dehydration more than anything else. any other people who have had related experinces I would also love to hear from the more experinces I have to go to the better. Also very likely IF she did decide to try it would be only a one time thing just to get past these childhood traumas in discussion and help take down some walls she has put up that has greatly restricted her to being emotionally available for her life.