• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA abuse, lost the magic.

old-skools

Greenlighter
So around about a year ago SWIM tried pills for the first time, decent but SWIM only took a half and SWIM reckons the pills were pretty shit because he never felt much. A few months later me and a few friends got some mandy and dropped maybe 120mg each. after about an hour SWIM wasn't feeling much so I smoked some weed (weed makes me really paranoid these days and I really can't enjoy it any more so this was a bad idea) at which point my friends started coming up and felt amazing - SWIM felt horrible and did not have a good night. Around about 6 weeks ago he get a text from his old dealer, telling me he had some MDMA in, apparently "really good shit". SWIM and his friends thought why not and decided to buy a gram. SWIM dropped 150mg with a girl he had been seeing for a few weeks and... oh my god. he had the best night of his life. SWIM and the girl danced, laughed, got engaged with hair bobbles and walked around the house naked, feeling amazing and free for hours. This was sort of the beginning of, not exactly a downward spiral, but the beginning of an unhealthy relationship with mandy. SWIM would like to say he doesn't regret this at all, because MDMA has opened SWIMs eyes to so many things. Since taking and whilst rolling on MDMA, SWIM has made so many new friends, overcame so many obstacles in his life, finally started going to college again and has had the best/happiest two months of his life.

What's the problem? SWIM may have forgotten that as beautiful as mandy is... It's still a class A drug. Being the tool that he is, SWIM took it way too far. he stopped measuring amounts, stopped limiting his usage, started taking MDMA/pills twice a weekend, and before he knew it within just six weeks, SWIM was dropping 2 grams of MDMA in a weekend. Swim was no longer feeling the love, and was constantly chasing the dragon (still having a great time mind you)! Last Friday night, SWIM dropped just over a gram of MDMA. Saturday night, SWIM dropped around about 800mg which didn't even get him high. This is where SWIM had a reality check, as Sunday morning was the worst day he'd had in a long time. No high coupled with a nasty nasty comedown... I know a lot about MDMA and how it works, and I'm genuinely quite smart about it as I always use testing kits, however I realise I've let it slip big time.

Me and a few of my friends have learned our lesson and are definitely taking a break from MDMA. However, in six weeks time it's my nineteenth birthday, and I want to know if rolling then would be worth it or not. I really, really want to roll and feel the love on my birthday night out as I miss the euphoria so fucking much. After my birthday I think I'll be taking a longer break though. What do you guys think, will my tolerance have dropped and will some of the magic have returned?

I don't think your tolerance will have dropped.
That said, I'm someone who plans on using MDMA for a long time to come. I take a break of at least 6 months, or even 9 or 12, after a single 120mg bomb.
If you don't mind this being your last MDMA session, go ahead.

If you must use drugs, I'd suggest low dose-mushrooms, you'd be surprised at how loved-up you can feel.

I would stay *far* away from MDMA for at least a year.

i dont get it, do you srsly take almost a gram of mdma in 1 night?

if you need that much mdma (unless it is cut to shit) to feel something, you should stop taking it for many months

i dont rly know if anything anyone says will stop you using it on your bday tho

you really need to take a lot of time off if you want to recover from that fully, dosing again even within maybe 6 months would make your brain's serotonin system struggle even more to recover than it already will be. however, for your info, a high dose of st. johns wort (around 900mg) taken daily has been shown to induce neurogenesis of serotonin axons (destruction/weakening of these axons, along with depletion of serotonin, is considered to partly be the reason for MDMA tolerance). I'd try taking that daily for 3 weeks or more (neurogenesis doesn't occur until after 2 weeks), but you must leave 2 weeks between dosing MDMA and your last SJW dose as SJW is a SSRI and weak MAOI so can block MDMA effects and/or be a potentially dangerous combo.

Additionally you could try taking 100mg 5-HTP with 400mg EGCG (aids absorption of the 5-HTP) before bed for 3 days before beginning the SJW, to get a bit more serotonin into your brain, hower you should always leave 12 hrs between the last 5-HTP dose and a SJW dose as the combination can be dangerous, and using 5-HTP in the days before dropping MDMA could also be dangerous but most likely will weaken the MDMA effects so should be avoided also.

obviously the best and most effective way to regaining the magic is a long break (6 or more months, probably a year or two considering the doses you took), and a healthy diet and exercise. the two supplements I mentioned above couldn't hurt though and could go some way to restoring the magic more quickly, and they have much less side effects than any pharmaceutical methods of increasing serotonin (and probably are more effective for the specific case of MDMA-induced serotonin deficit). I once did a 5-htp and SJW dose regimen like I mentioned above after feeling a loss of magic, then after this dosing regimen left a further 2 month break (so 3 months off in total) and I definitely felt the magic much more, even more than I'd felt when I'd had a 5 month break with no supplementation at all.

I didn't pull that out of thin air btw, there are some papers on NIMH going into more detail about it but I have no links handy.

Magic Lost

It is common to lose the magic. I've lost it with every MDMA and Cathinone related substance within a week of first use.

There is no regimen or supplement that will have any impact on magic loss. You can take all the amino acids like tyrosine and phenylalanine but it is a waste of money,because these products do not easily get through the blood brain barrier.

Last edited:
Hello, I think that taking supplements will not do what you expect them to do. There isn't really any medical or scientific research to confirm that supplements have change brain chemistry. The only evidence from research is that by over stimulating brain receptors causes the down regulation of receptors.

Your brain chemistry changed because of a foreign substance ie MDMA. MDMA is a powerful substance that crosses the BBB, but amino acids are more related to food than to drugs. Supplements are processed far from the brain going through the digestive and waste systems. For example take a B Complex vitamin and see how yellow your piss is.

I got like that with mdma.

It just stopped working and I was getting really potent shit then.

I haven't ate a roll in ten years now. I might give it a go again but I would want to do it somewhere fun like a festival or show.

Are you taking any medication like ssris or snris because that will do it to you?

Abuse is the best way to lose the magic.

I'm still waiting for a good opportunity to try the nexus flip, and see if that works. However, I'm going to take it at the same time because taking it after a "magical" roll I'm not going to have is dumb, considering I'm trying to get that magic back. I guess I'll just call it a combo then.

I haven't rolled for...5 months? And before that, more than 2 years. This did not bring the magic back for me. :( I've heard that it did for others, and I believe them so good for them.

I do have many great memories though. When I listen to good trance it really brings it back for me. :) Cherish your rolls, don't abuse it and when you're on it...live in the moment!

It wasn't really that sad when it wore off.

The thing was I got what I needed out of it. I had never felt that comfortable in my own body before and then the sex and the crucial raves and the good times with close friends. Well no one can take your memories.

As for me I kept on clubbing for a bit. I switched to ketamine and shrooms. After that I couldn't pay the rent so I hit up community college got arrested a few times and just hit up community college and drank and fucked alot till I got off probation.

After that I moved in with a woman for 3 years and well fuck I don't remember the rest that much but fuck it.

Just gotta go with the flow.

I used to use MDMA regularly until I had a very had experience 3 months ago where I saw bugs everywhere. I haven't touched it since. Honestly once you get out of the routine of using it you won't crave it as much. I went to a music festival last weekend and just drank, and I outlasted all the rollers and still had just as good a time as they did.

I would love to do MDMA again but I've had severe anxiety for 3 months now as a result of my last dosage (where I took about a gram over the course of 7 hours). At first it was hard for me to avoid it, every time I went out and had a few beers I would come so close to buying it. But the longer you go without it the less you think you 'need' it.

Then the longer you go without it the better your next roll will be! I've heard of people using 5HTP to ease the comedowns, maybe this is something you should give a go? But I'm sure you could have a great birthday without the Molly!

Look your MDMA experiences should have unlocked a whole new you or what you where capable of feeling.

Life is life.

There are other drugs and well thats what I did. I started tripping at raves. It wasn't the answer to all my problems. Nothing is but me and my will to do something with my life.

The best joy you will ever get is doing things that means something to you whether it is doing well at your job or fucking that pussy till she walks funny or if you are a woman getting that done to ya.

You will enjoy life till 20-21 and after?
Take a long break or suffer it's your life.

Not sure if this the correct forum to be on but is someone able to provide advice or knowledge of the following...I am currently on a prescribed drug called ramipril it lowers/controls blood pressure as mine seemed to be high. I take it daily (10mg per day) I am goin to a festival soon for a few days and wanted to take MDMA, not loads, just 1g over the coarse of a few days, little bits at a time. I have taken it before but that was before I was prescribed ramipril. Would you say it was ok to take?

Not sure if this the correct forum to be on but is someone able to provide advice or knowledge of the following...I am currently on a prescribed drug called ramipril it lowers/controls blood pressure as mine seemed to be high. I take it daily (10mg per day) I am goin to a festival soon for a few days and wanted to take MDMA, not loads, just 1g over the coarse of a few days, little bits at a time. I have taken it before but that was before I was prescribed ramipril. Would you say it was ok to take?

Your first problem in the fact that you're planning to take a gram over multiple days in a row. That alone is an awful idea. The VERY maximum I would say anyone could safely take (although, technically, no amount of MDMA is "safe") is 200mg + a redose of 100mg about 60-90 minutes into the roll. However, at 200mg I doubt you'll even want to redose when you're rolling that hard, and it's unsafe to redose after you pass the peak of your roll. I couldn't find much information on your specific medication, but what I did find said that ACE inhibitors (like ramipril) don't interact with MDMA. However, doing MDMA when you have high blood pressure is also a bad idea. So to answer your question, no, that isn't okay. I'd say it'd be okay to take an average dose ONCE at the festival (100-150mg), as long as it's weighed and tested properly (if you don't test it, it could be anything - possibly something that could lethally interact with your medication). Don't risk your life. Also, you should know most of this if you put any time whatsoever into researching the drug. I'd recommend reading the "6 simple rules to MDMA" thread, stickied at the top of this sub-forum. You could also check out the big banner that says "Everything you've ever wanted to know about ecstasy". Stay safe.

Forgot to mention: it's unsafe to take MDMA more than once a month (DEFINITELY not multiple days in a row). Even once a month is pushing it, but it's okay if you don't roll often.

So around about a year ago SWIM tried pills for the first time, decent but SWIM only took a half and SWIM reckons the pills were pretty shit because he never felt much. A few months later me and a few friends got some mandy and dropped maybe 120mg each. after about an hour SWIM wasn't feeling much so I smoked some weed (weed makes me really paranoid these days and I really can't enjoy it any more so this was a bad idea) at which point my friends started coming up and felt amazing - SWIM felt horrible and did not have a good night. Around about 6 weeks ago he get a text from his old dealer, telling me he had some MDMA in, apparently "really good shit". SWIM and his friends thought why not and decided to buy a gram. SWIM dropped 150mg with a girl he had been seeing for a few weeks and... oh my god. he had the best night of his life. SWIM and the girl danced, laughed, got engaged with hair bobbles and walked around the house naked, feeling amazing and free for hours. This was sort of the beginning of, not exactly a downward spiral, but the beginning of an unhealthy relationship with mandy. SWIM would like to say he doesn't regret this at all, because MDMA has opened SWIMs eyes to so many things. Since taking and whilst rolling on MDMA, SWIM has made so many new friends, overcame so many obstacles in his life, finally started going to college again and has had the best/happiest two months of his life.

What's the problem? SWIM may have forgotten that as beautiful as mandy is... It's still a class A drug. Being the tool that he is, SWIM took it way too far. he stopped measuring amounts, stopped limiting his usage, started taking MDMA/pills twice a weekend, and before he knew it within just six weeks, SWIM was dropping 2 grams of MDMA in a weekend. Swim was no longer feeling the love, and was constantly chasing the dragon (still having a great time mind you)! Last Friday night, SWIM dropped just over a gram of MDMA. Saturday night, SWIM dropped around about 800mg which didn't even get him high. This is where SWIM had a reality check, as Sunday morning was the worst day he'd had in a long time. No high coupled with a nasty nasty comedown... I know a lot about MDMA and how it works, and I'm genuinely quite smart about it as I always use testing kits, however I realise I've let it slip big time.

Me and a few of my friends have learned our lesson and are definitely taking a break from MDMA. However, in six weeks time it's my nineteenth birthday, and I want to know if rolling then would be worth it or not. I really, really want to roll and feel the love on my birthday night out as I miss the euphoria so fucking much. After my birthday I think I'll be taking a longer break though. What do you guys think, will my tolerance have dropped and will some of the magic have returned?

If you are not even 19 you need to quit while you are still ahead. Six weeks isn't a fraction of long enough based on what you have described and I'm sure you realize this on some level. Take a 6-9 month break, it will benefit your health and if you decide to start again, it will be that much more enjoyable.

Thanks for your feedback. I have done it before I was on BP medication and then again on 2.5mg of the BP medication and had no adverse affects. But I have never taken it on 10mg of BP medication. My friends did this last year over the coarse of a few days and had the times of their lives. All your advice is taken on board, Cheers

Last edited: