• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDEA prevalance? Any experiences? Proven reduced neurotoxicity over MDMA (study)

MrSpeedyG

Bluelighter
I'm curious to hear whether other peole have come accross any MDEA. I have come across it a few times and got it again yesterday when I rolled for the first time in 14 months. Check out my trip report here

To sum it up though, MDEA feels like MDMA without the powerful euphoria and love, it is still there but don't expect a lot of it. It's much more as many people say "stoning", you're having a great time but you'll be on your ass at the peak. Has some great clarity to it after the peak as well. My thoughts are in my trip report. IF you are expecting a full MDMA roll though and you happen to have MDEA you will be questioning the lack of euphoria/empathy and may think you have lost the magic but it is not so (if you haven't already lost the magic).

I'm curious to know other peoples thoughts or experiences.

Also here is a study proving MDEA is less neurotoxic than MDMA mg for mg for some further reading The acute effect in rats of 3,4-methylenedioxyethamphetamine (MDEA, "eve") on body temperature and long term degeneration of 5-HT neurones in brain: a comparison with MDMA ("ecstasy").

It's likely less neurotoxic because the effects are quite a bit less pronounced.. or so I hear.

I've never even gotten close to obtaining it. Although, once I did have some pills that contained trace amounts of it. That's awesome you got to try it, how did you confirm it was MDE over another MDMA analogue?

I had MDEA itself and with amp a few times back in 2012 so knew what to expect, this I personally didn't lab confirm, we just reagent tested it for MDMA/MDEa (they can't be dsicerned with reagents) but pill reports said people had these lab tested and came up for ~150mg MDEA.

MDEA reminds me of methylone more than anything. It has zero psychedelia to it, it is significantly shorter than MDMA, the empathy is reduced, and the physical intoxication (the "stoning") is higher.

I actually quite liked MDEA. Unlike methylone, MDMA, and MDA, I was able to redose the stuff not only with maintaining the effects but without having a crash. We had it going around back in 2006. The duration and additional heavy effect (which is more like being drunk than "stoning" actually) are dead give aways but a friend of mine actually sent in one of the pills to be tested and it came back as MDEA with no adulterants. We ate a lot of them. Its quite a bit less potent than MDMA is as well.

It wouldn't be my first choice but I'd take it over methylone.

Yeah I noticed psychedelic effects were next to nil (colours were more vivd and lights were very bright but not as good as MDMA) but no tracers or visuals or breathing walls in terms of no CEV, however when I was redosing MDEA back in 2012 I did notice occasional CEV after redosing (it also metabolises to MDA so I suspect this may be why).

Yeah I think of it more like a super clear headed, stoned with a touch of MDMA sort of feeling is another way to put it.

Yeah that sounds about right. I don't know, to me it reminded me of being drunk with a bit of MDMA-like euphoria. It made me nauseous like MDA though.

Much more euphoric and better all round than drunk IMO infact I would rather get some MDEA as a full substitute for alcohol on nights out like that (bearing in mind I drink every 3 months anyway and I was planning on sticking to a 3 months rule with MDxx now that I am ok with rolling again). I also noticed very mild nausea when comming up and after I redosed but barely noticeable.

I concur that I would rather have MDEA than alcohol. It has pretty much zero hangover even on a heavy night out. It doesn't really seem to have any of the negatives of MDMA or MDA to be perfectly honest, I don't even think I got the normal methylenedioxy low-grade fever from it. Nausea was probably the worst side effect. I mean it has some jaw clenching to it but nothing like MDA does.

Never could quite get to the peak on MDEA personally. Fun in its own way though.