• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDA vs MDMA? first timer

gb47635

Greenlighter
I am 5'6, 135 lbs, and the "hardest" drug i've ever done was mushrooms. Both times I did mushrooms I had a bad trip and still get anxiety thinking about it.
I've been considering doing MDA or MDMA, and i've heard both can give you hallucinations (which i don't enjoy) and I have a few questions:

which one should someone with anxiety do if they want to lessen their chance of freaking out?

which one should someone do if they want more of a body high/euphoria but no hallucinations?

dosage recommendation for a first timer (keeping in mind the previous question)?

how long do they usually last?

thanks so much!!
and i may not even do either regardless of the answers i get, i just have the opportunity and wanted to cover everything before i even decided on whether or not i'll do it.

mdma.

mdma.

1-1.5mg per kg of body weight. probably closer to 1mg for a first timer (but it can be a bit uncomfortable if you underdose. there's a threshold you need to cross to get the full effects. and once the full effects hit anxiety is normally extinguished until the comedown).

3-6 hours. the first time the main effects should last around 4h, followed by 2 hours where you're still high but not anywhere near those 4 hours.
mda is supposed to be longer, but there are conflicting reports about how long. some say like mdma some say up to 12 hours...

mda is similar to mdma but has a more "classical" psychedelic side to it, a more intense high and is either more stimulating or more stoning (depending on who you ask).
mdma can have psychedelic effects and visuals, but they are typically different than those you'd get from shrooms or acid. and these effects, although they can be pretty weird and seem more real than with psychs, are hugely dependant on the dose. if you keep your dose somwhere around 100mg or below you will most likely mainly have the body high and euphoria, but when you go above 200mg (per night) you will likely see some strange things and be confused at times, especially toward the tail end of the experience...

I've never done MDA but I am a naturally anxious person and have done MDMA with no problems. I'm a small guy at 125lb and my dose was a 120mg crystal chunk of MDMA both times that I've done it. I was in the company of good friends and strangers both times and never had a bad trip or any anxious/frightening thoughts.

I am 5'6, 135 lbs, and the "hardest" drug i've ever done was mushrooms. Both times I did mushrooms I had a bad trip and still get anxiety thinking about it.
I've been considering doing MDA or MDMA, and i've heard both can give you hallucinations (which i don't enjoy) and I have a few questions:

Neither is remotely like mushrooms.

MDMA doesn't usually give hallucinations, not on a average dose, 100mgs. MDA will have slight visuals, like tracers, etc. Nothing full on like your normal psychedelics, LSD, shrooms, etc.

Don't forget to test your stuff. The last thing you want is MDMA cut with 2c-b or some type of psychedelic.
100mgs.
Eh, maybe 6 hours?
Drugs are all about setting. So make sure you're in a comfortable place with people you trust. Play some good music. Get comfortable, breathe, and relax! You should be fine. You will be fine. :)

When I decided to try MDM.... THATH SHIT MADE ME SICK AS HELL :p Maybe a bad batch but I don't care never again.

With the mdma, unless you've found some magic source, you'll be lucky to get 2, maybe 2.5 hours high from it. Unless you re-dose later on which I don't recommend. The come up is one big rush and similarly the come down is one big drop.

Tried MDA on its own for the first time recently, single dose of 100mg lasted about 4 hours for the high and the "afterglow" was still going the next afternoon. The come up is in waves alternating between feeling normal and coming up, each wave getting stronger. The comedown didn't really exist, just a gradual return to normal almost in little steps. Didn't get any visuals from it or anything but saying that i'm a person who likes to be in control of myself so tripping from MDMA or MDA has never happened to me.

Brenner, MDMA almost always lasts 4-6 hours, and MDA usually lasts between 5-8 hours. Sorry but if your stuff only lasts you 2-3 hours per dose it may not be MDMA or you have a wicked tolerance to MDxx substances.

Anyway, I'd stick with MDMA for your first time. I've never even really enjoyed MDA though. 80mg-100mg is a good starting dose and should last about 4-6 hours total.

Brenner, MDMA almost always lasts 4-6 hours, and MDA usually lasts between 5-8 hours. Sorry but if your stuff only lasts you 2-3 hours per dose it may not be MDMA or you have a wicked tolerance to MDxx substances.

Anyway, I'd stick with MDMA for your first time. I've never even really enjoyed MDA though. 80mg-100mg is a good starting dose and should last about 4-6 hours total.

There's a big debate going on about MDMA at the moment, see the other thread as I don't want to Hijack the OPs thread but essentially, the stuff around these days lasts nowhere near 6 hours from a single dose (circa 100mg), tolerance/ set & setting has been ruled out. Mine is lab tested as MDMA at energy control by the way....

other thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/791073-What-is-wrong-with-the-MDMA-available-today

Yeah I've read through that thread plenty. I still haven't ever had MDMA last under 4 hours, usually lasts 5-6 hours.

Last edited:
Yeah I've read through that thread plenty. I've still haven't ever had MDMA last under 4 hours, usually lasts 5-6 hours.

it's not not that mdma can last shorter than 4h (the half-life is much longer with a normal dose), but the peak becomes shorter (like for instance 1-2h) for many people the more often they have taken mdma. and really, the peak is the main effect most people are after.
i remember posts from 10 years ago describing this phenomenon, so it's not a new thing.

That's why I had noted that he may have a tolerance (having taken MDMA often would do this, obviously) because yes, although the peak usually occurs between 1 hour and 2 hours after dosing, you should still be able to feel effects at least up until the 4th hour. Then the comedown would start, that is, unless you have a tolerance. Then maybe the comedown would begin closer to 2-3 hours post dose.

Last edited:
That's why I had noted that he may have a tolerance (having taken MDMA often would do this, obviously) because yes, although the peak usually occurs between 1 hour and 2 hours after dosing, you should still be able to feel effects at least up until the 4th hour. Then the comedown would start, that's is, unless you have a tolerance. Then maybe the comedown would begin closer to 2-3 hours post dose.

Another possibility is downregulated serotonin receptors or SERT binding due to serotonergic RX drugs

It has really only been since the early 2000's that SSRI, SSNRI drugs have become widespread, and widely prescribed for everything from OCD to depression to PMS to chronic pain.

We know for certain that SSRI use and SSNRI use causes long term changes to the serotonin system.

Clonazepam a commonly prescribed benzodiazepine affects serotonin receptors as well, by upregulating SERT.

I would be very surprised if the majority of people claiming MDMA is different have not used SSRI/SSNRI meds

Clonazepam a commonly prescribed benzodiazepine affects serotonin receptors as well, by upregulating SERT.

now that's interesting. so it might decrease your mdma tolerance? of course it's not practical for your average e-user but i wonder if people who take clonazepam regularly for anxiety or whatever notice increased effects...

now that's interesting. so it might decrease your mdma tolerance? of course it's not practical for your average e-user but i wonder if people who take clonazepam regularly for anxiety or whatever notice increased effects...

Before getting caught by the kpin monster,

I would try a tryptophan deficient diet -- shown to upregulate receptors (and probably SERT) in rats after only 3 weeks

you basically can't eat anything that has animal protein in it, including cheese, milk and all animal flesh

also no nuts, seeds, beans, soybeans, oats or shellfish

I can report that empirical evidence from ASD (autism spectrum) persons with highly active SERT report high sensitivity (20 mg threshold effects), afterglow, and quick loss of tolerance after a short abstinence -- and no loss of magic - ever

highly active SERT in ASD persons is encoded in identified polymorphisms of the SERT gene, so downregulation would require an epigenetic change -- which is highly unlikely