• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

MDA replacement. No, but maybe interesting.

clubcard

Bluelighter
I tried p-Me aminorex and as expected, it's a pure serotonin releaser i.e. not much happens:

p_m.jpg]

BUT, luckily, I found that a 2:1 ratio mixture of p-Me & m_me gives all of the rushes & lovedup that you find with MDA.

Now, recently there have been a few deaths caused by a related substance - p-Me 4-methylaminorex (I appreciate that this isn't the correct IUPAC)

So, as always, when in doubt - ask Dr. Dave. He was interested in the work and confirmed 2 things. aminorex is NOT an MAOI while it's 4-methyl derivative IS an MAOI.

I don't see the above compounds being made in bulk, even with translations of the Polish papers & (East) German patent. The simple problem is that a cyanate (or thiocyanate) won't close the ring. I doubt even the Chinese are crazy enough to start working with large amounts of cyanogen bromide.

Last edited:
Jesus! Why don't you try PMA and Speed. You'd probably get something similar at the right ratio. IAP & Speed too (much safer). You're playing with fire though. I mean in theory at the right dose you could probably do it with Fluoxetine, Methylphenidate and Bromocriptine, perhaps a touch of 2C-B too. It'd be a hell of a lot safer that way too (with only RIs). Also don't the benzofuran compounds utilise this mechanism? A mix of agonism & RI; seems to work out.

Jesus! Why don't you try PMA and Speed. You'd probably get something similar at the right ratio. IAP & Speed too (much safer). You're playing with fire though. I mean in theory at the right dose you could probably do it with Fluoxetine, Methylphenidate and Bromocriptine, perhaps a touch of 2C-B too. It'd be a hell of a lot safer that way too (with only RIs). Also don't the benzofuran compounds utilise this mechanism? A mix of agonism & RI; seems to work out.

How, pray tell, are you able to tell the relative toxicities? Besides which, about a dozen people (out of hundreds) HAVE tried it?? Speed is an MAOI so IAP & speed is an example of a mix that could cause serotonin syndrome. All I can say is that you need to brush up on your chemistry/ Why was methadrone safe while p-amphetamine was not? Simple - not an MAOI.

Everyone from Eunoia tried this - 100% positive results.

There IS a way to make it - but it requires a real chemist who is prepared to put in some effort...

Last edited:
MAOI. See Proc R Soc Medv .58 1965 pages 967-796

Err... yes it is and err... MAOI is a key point of design - you don't know what else someone might have taken. E.G. Friend takes Ayahuasca & has 2 pints of a microbrewery bitter and 2 hours later, he was fighting for his life. If you didn't know this - learn.

The fact remains that I had to produce a paper for West Yorkshire police because of people who had taken 'powder MDMA' which proved to be 60:40 p-TAP:amphetamine. Cause of death, serotonin syndrome. Writing for the police involves making it understandable by anyone over 12. McDermott gave said lecture.

The reason I had samples made of both the para & meta methyl analogues was to reduce the T1/2 of the stimulant (meta) to a similar level to the serotonin, unlike someone who shall remain nameless, they didn't know, or care if a chemical exhibits MAOI properties http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...ethyl4methylaminorex-sold-for-2-30333433.html As I explained, Dr. Dave was quite specific that aminorex is NOT an MAOI while the 4-methyl derivatives were....

Of course, I don't bother him too much but he has ALL of the known routes (about 8 ) to making that oxazoline ring with lab-notes, so it's made his life easier.

Last edited:
aminorex is NOT an MAOI while it's 4-methyl derivative IS an MAOI.

Is there any data about its strength / selectivity / reversibility as a MAOI?
Regarding the deaths and all, it would make sense of course, but from personal experience with said compound the MAOI effect either requires high dosages or has to be reversible. There was no build-up or increase of side-effects / toxic feelings from repeated (daily) use of around 25-35mg.

It might be possible that I have kind of (over) active MAO though, my brain seems to be almost resistant against insane levels of monoamines (what might have saved my life more than once, so .... nothing to be proud of) and moclobemide did nothing but some side effects even at 800mg/d.. maybe I should finally try one of the real MAOI antidepressants.

Last edited:
Is there any data about its strength / selectivity / reversibility as a MAOI?
Regarding the deaths and all, it would make sense of course, but from personal experience with said compound the MAOI effect either requires high dosages or has to be reversible. There was no build-up or increase of side-effects / toxic feelings from repeated (daily) use of around 25-35mg.

It might be possible that I have kind of (over) active MAO though, my brain seems to be almost resistant against insane levels of monoamines (what might have saved my life more than once, so .... nothing to be proud of) and moclobemide did nothing but some side effects even at 800mg/d.. maybe I should finally try one of the real MAOI antidepressants.

TBH I avoid MAOIs almost as much as stuff that messes with the Kreb cycle.

Sorry you need meclobemide - IMO it's not better than amitryptaline.... or at least 'Bad Pharma' quotes it as best antidepressant.

If I can help, just let me know
CC

I just wondered about the potential MAOI action of 4,4'-DMAR and if this was relevant at the doses I've done.. because 4,4'-DMAR was an exceptional and surprisingly great experience in contrast to the bad reactions many other unfortunately got. Antidepressant/mood-lifting, true cognitive and emotional / empathogenic enhancement. Somehow it felt like that substance being able to unleash the locked potential of my brain ...

Regarding 4-MAR, there are many anecdotal reports like mine. But if that para-methyl increases the MAOI potency / affinity then it probably really says something about my enzymes.

I'd like to experiment with any of the oxazoline-related stimulants ;) but they are hardly available.

Well, the mix is just like MDA - I don't know what else to say.... oh yes, the p-F is NOT NICE!

BTW - in a side by side comparison, the p;m mix of aminorex was preferred to DMAR.

The Israeli guy in Holland came up with DMAR pretty quickly stopped. As the original maker of Benzofury he and his partner were working HARD to find a replacement. Whatever the heresay, he did at least drop the idea FAST and if he has any sense, he will make the mix I mentioned.

Last edited: