Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDA and SSRI's

blah blah

Bluelighter
Alright gents,

So I had a friend ask me about E and other meds. I simply explained the lack of action from MDMA when you're on SSRI's, when they asked about MDA and SSRI's. I didn't have that answer and couldn't find it here.

We know that MDA does have some play with seratonin, but reacts on different parts of the brain that aren't so dependent upon the seratonin and empathogenic characteristics of MDMA.

So, any answers or links as to the effects or the lack thereof with MDA and SSRI's?

Thanks all.

Nice to see you Blah

should be nearly the same, though. Certainly not something that is safe to attempt.

Holy shit it fucking worked. MDA isn't stopped by SSRI's, I'm staring at the proof right in front me. Homegirl is off her tits on MDA lol. Loving it!

Dosed her with 100mg MDMA at 8:30 and nothing at all. Zero effects 2 hours after dropping. 80mg of MDA later she is in her own puddle of bliss at the moment haha!

Good to hear that. It seems MDMA and MDA don't have, or are not completely cross tolerant as people who are completely tolerant to MDMA after abuse can still roll on MDA.
It seems they work via different mechanism in their serotonergic effects, and maybe the pathway that MDMA uses is blocked by SSRI's while MDA's is not. However are you sure she is actually ROLLING? Or is she having a speedy, hallucinogenic high? MDA is a 5-HT2A agonist and dopamine releaser after all.

Still, you cannot draw conclusions here. She used MDMA and MDA after all. Appearantly the 100 mg was not enough to have an effect, but how do you know that adding 100 mg MDMA instead of 80mg MDA would not have initiated the roll. To draw any conclusions, the experiment must be repeated (with proper breaks) with both 200 mg MDMA and a proper dose of MDA.

^ This is not an experiment.. it's blah feeding some poor girl pills and hoping they work 8(

It really is a bad idea, anyway you look at it. You might be able to get better effects than if you took MDMA, but I highly doubt it's anywhere near the level of what it would be if she didn't take meds. Not to mention, if someone is prescribed SSRIs for depression/anxiety, MDxx is the LAST thing they need to be taking.

I agree with Folley on this. I found the fact that MDA might work on SSRI's interesting, but you shouldn't try this combination in the first place.