MD, Baltimore - 06.05.2010 - 12th Annual Starscape Festival @ Ft. Armistead Park

I wonder if next year they will have problems throwing this party with all the issues that came up. I had friends that bought wrist bracelets from people who were leaving, smart idea! I don't know if I would have attempted that.

I have been going for the past 5 years. This year had some bad juju on it. I know weather can not be controlled but having a couple of fans in different area (especially the dance) would have kept air from being so stagnant.
Dj dan rocked my socks off! He was amazing. Wolfgang kept the energy up and hpd (like always) won over my heart.
I wanted to cry when I realized that at one point the majority of stages had dubstep. /wrists
Jam bands bring in a packed house but come on with all the fucking balloons. I also think there is now a big enough crowd to at least make it 18+ (if not 21+) event.
Lastly, how about more trash cans. WTF. Even dopped up ppl will throw shit in trash cans but literally they were non existant.

dood...i would be so pissed if they made it 21+. 18 and up wouldnt be bad though.FUCKING INSANE though.omg i loved it.was my first starscape and i plan on going every year for the rest of my life:) and thank you for the blue ladies woever yo are8o

derp DERRPPPPP!
DERP A DERRRRRRp!

Yeah, I had a blast at anti-starscape, and it didn't end at sunrise!

=D

general joy, when I heard about the guy that got stabbed there, and the body found floating in the water, I could just see editorials in the paper the next couple days from concerned citizens: 'Ban that shit!'

I was amazed at how coppy the event was, overall, and the cops looked like they were definitely ready for some action.

I was actually surprised at how few drunken / drugfucked shennanigans I saw, considering how many people were there. I agree, though: raving is for adults. Next year, 18+ is a good idea. If they promoters do a real smooth job talking to the city government and police department into letting the do it again.

I had a god damned blast at the un-Starscape party. Thanks to everyone I got to meet and hang out with at the hotel.

I don't know where I'll be next year, but whether the party is in GB, MD or Detroit, I want to be where the party is.

DERP

WTF! Why didn't you visit me :(

Next year! :)

general joy, when I heard about the guy that got stabbed there, and the body found floating in the water, I could just see editorials in the paper the next couple days from concerned citizens: 'Ban that shit!'

I was amazed at how coppy the event was, overall, and the cops looked like they were definitely ready for some action.

i havent heard anything in any papers or news stations about the even yet.. and i am very surprised especially with all the ODs, stabbings, and other bullshit that happened this year..

And I saw a bunch of cops all dressed in glow sticks, and a few were definitely fucked up.. i saw 2 inside the dubstep set dancing and raving like the rest of us.. Cops in Baltimore are corrupt as fuck, probably stole some kids pills and ate them for themselves, or maybe just enjoys a rave like the rest of us..?

^ Yeah I saw that too. I definitely saw cops with beer in their hands, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of the ones twirling glowsticks were rolling. It must be some kind of reward or inside circle at the Baltimore PD to get assigned to Starscape. I could definitely see some crooked police commander whose hand is always in the seized drug jar, getting together a quiet group of people under him who are interested in partying for free.

Very glad the shit that went down there hasn't made much of a splash in the press. I think 'concerned citizens' -- ones that are using their brains -- are starting to resign to the fact that drug use can only be contained and supervised, never stamped out. Stamping out Starscape would be like trampling on a grease fire to try to put it out -- it would only send it flying into a thousand little pieces all around the Baltimore area.

And I saw a bunch of cops all dressed in glow sticks, and a few were definitely fucked up.. i saw 2 inside the dubstep set dancing and raving like the rest of us.. Cops in Baltimore are corrupt as fuck, probably stole some kids pills and ate them for themselves, or maybe just enjoys a rave like the rest of us..?
no way. They have random drug tests and something like that would destroy a career regardless of how much pull they might have.

Very glad the shit that went down there hasn't made much of a splash in the press. I think 'concerned citizens' -- ones that are using their brains -- are starting to resign to the fact that drug use can only be contained and supervised, never stamped out. Stamping out Starscape would be like trampling on a grease fire to try to put it out -- it would only send it flying into a thousand little pieces all around the Baltimore area.

Starscape has always been something that goes down without a peep from anyone around here. I used to live literally a mile away in Curtis Bay, and I never heard of it until this year when I saw the topic on Bluelight. It also helps that Ft. Armistead is located in a sort of no mans land that separates Baltimore city from Anne Arundel County.

Locals wouldn't be be too shocked that someone got knifed to death out there because the other 364 days out of the year when Starscape isn't going down Ft. Armistead ain't exactly a playground, if you catch my drift.

But I live in Glen Burnie and no one has been talking about it. So that's good news...

Had a blast just because I was with my awesome group of friends. Took my girlfriend for her first time, she was a little overwhelmed once night hit but ended up having a blast for her first big event. Lots of fake MDMA floating around, and I brought my own doses. All the acts that I came for were on point but I ended up leaving at 3:30am.

I saw the dude who was strapped to the back of the golf cart before he got strapped. He was scrapping his chest and face into the concrete and looked like he was trying to swim.

I have several complaints that will determine if I go next year. This party NEEDS to be at least 18+, and they need to expand the grounds or find a new location.

and as far fetched as it sounds. I defiantly saw several intoxicated officers, and a few that looked like they were under the influence of MDMA. Check Excisions facebook updates, he made a comment about it.

yeah dude, there were defently some cops there who werent right, there was 1 that everyone kept seeing and pointing out. But starscape ruled, they should make it 18+ though, thats a good point. Anyway that sucks about the OD and stabbing too if it true, stuff like that is happening at bonnaroo too and that's bonnaroo, so idk that sucks.

18+ IMO. It makes me feel dirty at time being there and seeing underage titties. I
mean, I am a chick and have my own, but srsly "cover up, little ladies"