• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

MBDB - ethyl group side chain

indigoaura

Bluelighter
So, here is my question. If there are trace amounts of MBDB mixed with MDMA, does that have the potential to shift the nature of the MDMA experience?

I read this on Erowid in a Q&A with the creator of MBDB (Dave Nichols):

Would the effects of MBDB class it as an Hallucinogen?

"No, absolutely not, and even less so than MDMA. MBDB has an ethyl group
attached to the side chain (see below). When you do this to an
hallucinogenic phenethylamine derivative, it completely abolishes its
hallucinogenic activity."
"... the alpha-ethyl group in the side chain absolutely destroys hallucinogenic activity."

So, here is a question for the chemistry minded people here: Would the presence of that ethyl group side chain diminish the hallucinogenic activity of other substances taken at the same time?

Link: https://erowid.org/chemicals/mbdb/mbdb_info1.shtml

The short version of the context is that I have a sample of MDMA that tested as MDMA plus trace MBDB. The effects profile was not that of MDMA, however, but that of MBDB.

Never had MBDB but buphedrone (alpha-ethylmethcathinone) was barely as strong as caffeine.

I wouldn't think it would, given that the alpha-ethyl substitution in MBDB doesn't bestow it with anti-hallucinogenic properties in vitro, it will theoretically like any other phenethylamine with an ethyl group attached to the alpha carbon lack any sort of hallucinogenic activity.

But the fact you are experiencing something that points towards the MBDB

So, here is my question. If there are trace amounts of MBDB mixed with MDMA, does that have the potential to shift the nature of the MDMA experience?

I read this on Erowid in a Q&A with the creator of MBDB (Dave Nichols):

So, here is a question for the chemistry minded people here: Would the presence of that ethyl group side chain diminish the hallucinogenic activity of other substances taken at the same time?

Link: https://erowid.org/chemicals/mbdb/mbdb_info1.shtml

The short version of the context is that I have a sample of MDMA that tested as MDMA plus trace MBDB. The effects profile was not that of MDMA, however, but that of MBDB.
Mbdb only potentiates mdma.it doesn't block mdma from being enjoyable
Never had MBDB but buphedrone (alpha-ethylmethcathinone) was barely as strong as caffeine.
Funny coz the first guy who made it said it was awesome as good as 4mmc.