View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Maybe this is urgent [EPE DOC interaction]

Chris Timothy

Bluelighter
Does EPE combined with DOC has any chance on serotonin syndrome?

My gut feeling says no which is why I'm in this situation, but any confirmation would ease my nerves.

I could just squirt out my bowls but I don't want to ruin this awesome moment. I finally dare to send Richie Hawtin my DJ set.

My hopes, dreams and gigantic ego is at stake here.

..as DJ Shulgin.

Apparently.

Huh.

Last edited:
Depends how far a walk it is.

I just wasn't sure if EPE meant ephenidine.

I don't know a lot about it, but I've never heard of someone experiencing serotonin syndrome on ephenidine, just mania and amnesia if the doses are excessive.

Wow, that's a brave combination and surely almost completely uncharted territory.

I would say there's not really any reason to think so - ephenidine is not known to have any direct serotonergic action, and even though DOC is, perhaps, one of the slightly hairier serotonergic psychedelics because of concerns about vasoconstriction and overstimulation, it's not actually a serotonin releaser or reuptake inhibitor so serotonin syndrome is unlikely to be a major concern with the vast majority of DOC combinations.

EDIT:
...I just realised this post is a few days old so this advice is surely too late, but hopefully I'm not wrong and you eventually calmed yourself down and had a good time. ;)

I did calm myself down and had a good time! Thank you. There was indeed no serotonin syndrome effects observed. (Personal point of reference is experimenting with low dose DXM on St. John's Wort, which definitely sets in motion some sort of ominous mechanism.)

Mania is a fair suggestion, Kaden. I'm reporting more extensively behind the scenes about the aftermath of the mushroom hole, so judgment about pathological psychological side-effects is delegated. This way I can keep the focus on what's at the very least an exploration of imagination, and the team of scientists and artists should be pulling me out once I'm crossing some sort of line into harm.