• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Maybe I dunno

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
Google says norcos take thirty min to hit. Or maybe 45min
So Google says they last four too eight hours but I take my pills every four hours to be safe. But should I take a half hour earlier and do they really only last four hours. I take my last pill at six and this is what bothers me because I go to bed at 8:30 I always want to take it a hour earlier but I'm scared it effects my sleep if I take it too early or worse or might wear off before I go to bed. I dunno I guess maybe this is addiction messing with my head? I'm looking for someone to tell me Google is wrong and that my four norcos are enough. I argue to my doctor oxy cotton is new and so it's better but she just said the pharmacy would ban me forever from pain pills if I try to switch because oxy is sold by people more often. And it's fishy to switch from what works. I dunno. I just want to make sure I'm not waisting my Norco. Rermenter 10mg @6pm go to bed 8:30 should I take it at 5:30 instead. Maybe just ignore me I really dunno the answer but I don't like being worried always about my next pill that doesn't feel right to me. I do have pain but the pain meds don't kill the pain. I've had morphine I know the feeling of pain being covered. But it's like I shouldn't complain. I'm lucky CA has pain clinics. I wish I knew years ago. They give your pain meds for your pain.

Google isn't the brightest tool in the shed when it comes down to the effects of certain drugs and what not. The best way to utilize searching on Google is to utilize it as a search engine.

I would search this:
How long does it take hydrocodone to take effect site:www.bluelight.org
How long does it take hydrocodone to take effect site:www.reddit.com

and keep playing around with it like so, because when you search for shit on google, you tend to get like some rehab hits, and other fucking garbage.

As for when to take it, my philosophy is this, why take something if you are just going to go to sleep on it? I understand when someone is in pain then sure take it to help you sleep, but for me, someone that isn't in pain (unless i convince myself that I am in pain) then why take it before bed? when I could take it when I wake up and be able to feel the full effects.

I argue to my doctor oxy cotton is new and so it's better but she just said the pharmacy would ban me forever from pain pills if I try to switch because oxy is sold by people more often.
This statement is highly inaccurate and shows a lack of understanding. I’m not trying to pick on you, I want to help you understand a bit better about the way things unfolded with OxyContin in the U.S.

Drugs that are new aren’t necessarily better. Look up the drug combo Fen-Phen, or Phen-Fen; I’m unsure which is the correct spelling. This drug combo was claimed to be a miraculous weight loss solution. You can read about the rest of the story online.

It’s never a good idea to argue with your doctor unless you’ve really researched the facts, and in this case, you clearly haven’t.

OxyContin/Oxycodone has been around for years, and at least a century, in other parts of the world. In the U.S., Purdue Pharma introduced them in 1996, so they’ve been around 25 years and that’s not very new. Originally they were claimed to be non-addictive and relieved pain miraculously.

One of the earliest sites this drug became available, was West Virginia. This small state is home to many coal miners, and this is a physically difficult and dangerous job. Many miners are forced to stop working a decade+ before retirement age, and many have back and neck problems, injuries and pain, but need the money and continue to work while in a great deal of pain.

In West Virginia, things were changing. People who’d been too sore to walk without hunching over, as their back, and/or neck had been in a great deal of pain for years, were now able to walk upright with minimal pain. People that’d been working while in a great deal of pain, no longer needed anyone’s help, other than a doctor’s help with a prescription. Doctors had no idea it was so addictive; but they saw their coal mining ⛏ patients claiming that they’d not felt so good since before they began mining. The doctors were happy to write the scripts, with plenty of refills.

Soon after OxyContin’s induction to the coal mining towns of West Virginia, it became clear; patients had a variety of unpleasant symptoms when they stopped taking it. And the coal miners suffered the same pain, if they stopped taking it.

Wives and girlfriends of coal miners were using their partner’s supply, often for the euphoric properties it produced. Babies were being born in a state of opiate withdrawal. The foster care system became overtaxed because of the number of women + their partners that were unfit to be parents. There was one county in WV in which there was the equivalent of 77 doses of OxyContin per day, for every person living in that county, being dispensed at the county’s pharmacies.

Well. I'm not a doctor. That's why I post here. For information. My heart failed and I spent like six and or four months on oxy in the hospital and it worked better then tramadol or Norco. I want to have a choice in what drug I'm hooked on forever. My doctor's just blaming the government for unfair laws and the pharmacy because I guess there always watching me to see if I'm selling my drugs. Anyways i read your post but it didn't really help me in anyway.. but it did make me feel very bad that I failed to do my research. Doesn't matter does it? My doctor said no and I can't spend time looking for a new one..

I'll try to.. Research stuff a little more. I've just had a hard time being sober. I had lots of nerve damage to my body I guess from the meth the doctors said and I'm facing possible brain damage from when my brain swelled. I dunno it's hard to ask questions when your mind doesn't work, I can't recall things the way I used to, my writing doesn't read correctly my texts seem off my coworkers all keep asking what's wrong with her. My feet hurt all day long, they are cold they hurt so bad.

I just wanted to switch from ox to Norco, I was not asking for more drugs.. just a different one.

You ever thing the documentary you watched about ox is a lie? There's a drug problem so let's fix it, no more morphine, no more ox, no fent.

I take my drugs how there persribed and I watched the same date line show about the perdue family and oxy. But thank you for that information you gave me and thanks for making me sad today.
Sorry. I'll post less pointless questions. Seems no one cares.

Ummmmm......I think Ms. Bella was just explaining the difference between oxy"-contin" and oxy IR. Some believe they are the same substance.

She didn't think your question was pointless or she wouldn't have answered you.

She was simply letting you know that what you said about " you told your Dr. that oxy cotton was new and you wanted it " wasn't accurate.

Like you said....just be glad you are getting the Norco's. Some people aren't. Try not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

And whether or not we all reply, I believe a lot of us care. 🌻