• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Max APAP you have ingested over 24 hours? at once?

yo0123yo

Bluelighter
So I have a prescription from my dr for 100 10/325 norcos and usually when I get them other ways i'm used to taking 5 at once to feel the buzz and not over do it (i have a high opiate tolerance, been on suboxone) but as far as apap whats the highest you have taken in throughout the day or maybe even at once? I know 4k is the safe limit but I've taken in 7kish through a 24 hour period but kept drinking water too.

A lot of people don't believe the "4 grams of Tylenol" thing because it's a relatively moderate amount and a lot of people have exceeded these doses without negative effects, including myself. Well, you don't need side effects to realize something's going on in your body. 7 grams of APAP is almost double the daily dose, I wouldn't repeat that amount again.

I tried to OD using Tylenol when I was way, way younger. I still remember it like it was yesterday. On one occasion I (apparently) ran up to my parents and told them I had just swallowed a bottle of Tylenol, so the amount taken was unknown. I proceeded to throw up for hours, and nobody ever called an ambulance because getting sick was a good sign to them. I have no recollection of this. On a separate incident, that I DO remember, I had swallowed at least 19 generic Tylenol pills, each containing 500mg of APAP. That's a whopping 9,500mg, and all it did to me was make me drop on my floor and pass out for HOURS. I slept for 16 hours, I think.

Hey, I couldn't have been 18 yet at the time, I didn't even know Tylenol can't really kill you at those doses. But in the talk of other drugs, I had gotten these DXM gel caps, each with 325mg APAP. I had 20 (that's what I usually take but this time I had gotten this generic cold & flu shit) and my night was spent with my head in the toilet and out the window.

5 of your Percocet pills aren't going to be detrimental to your health. That's less than half of the daily limit. I wouldn't do that often, though, as it can just wear out your liver. I wouldn't even take over 2,000mg during the day, don't try to hit the limit or you'll just run out of pills and have a horrible stomachache.

I've taken a lot in the past (probably around 9000mg or so in a 24 hour period). Very dangerous and I'm not proud of it. I weigh around 300lbs though so that may be a factor on how I was able to tolerate it without having a major OD experience. Glad I'm not on APAP combo medicines anymore so the temptation to take a lot isn't there anymore.

thanks guys!! so far ive taken ten 10/325's which is 3250 apap. I dont think going up to 6500mg apap woud kill me if i did it throughout the day and not at once. If I do decide and go over the 4k mark, will drinking plenty of water help at least? it was siggested to me to drink plenty of water if i do. and yes i know about CWE

Maybe but in the end it's the toxic byproduct/metabolite of the APAP that the liver has a hard time eliminating if it's swamped with too much of it at a time. I don't know where you are located bit Walmart Carrie a liver specific supplement called Liver Aid that you should probably take when consuming good amounts of APAP and milk thistle supplement also helps with liver help. I should note that after I took that staggering amount of APAP I did notice a difference in my liver function. It didn't see to ne eliminating the medicines I was taking properly resulting in what seemed to be build up of medicines in my system and OD like symptoms from small amounts of stiff that I was used to taking large amounts of.

BE CAREFUL. Impaired liver function is not fun and once you push things too far it can be transplant time.

Maybe but in the end it's the toxic byproduct/metabolite of the APAP that the liver has a hard time eliminating if it's swamped with too much of it at a time. I don't know where you are located bit Walmart Carrie a liver specific supplement called Liver Aid that you should probably take when consuming good amounts of APAP and milk thistle supplement also helps with liver help. I should note that after I took that staggering amount of APAP I did notice a difference in my liver function. It didn't see to ne eliminating the medicines I was taking properly resulting in what seemed to be build up of medicines in my system and OD like symptoms from small amounts of stiff that I was used to taking large amounts of.

BE CAREFUL. Impaired liver function is not fun and once you push things too far it can be transplant time.

What do you mean by this

I mean that once you pass a certain point of damaging the liver (not saying you're there or even anywhere near there) that it CAN become irreparably damaged i.e. liver failure which would mean the liver no longer functions and would need to be replaced.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the bold. I was taking Norco at the time and used to be able to take large amounts with no problem. After I overdid it on the Norco on the +/- 9000mg (APAP, not hydrocodone lol) I noticed that on doses that I was used to taking, a lot of times even less, I would get near overdose symptoms such as extremely depressed respiration, fluttery feeling in heart, and feeling very lightheaded/dizzy on the verge of passing out but afraid to cause I thought I might stop breathing. Even drove myself to the ER a couple times considering going in and asking for Narcan it was so bad but luckily each time it calmed down without that and I came up with a little cocktail of meds that seemed to help each time these feelings returned. I began to take the Liver Aid just about every time I took the Norco. It was a scary time.

Last edited:
thanks guys!! so far ive taken ten 10/325's which is 3250 apap. I dont think going up to 6500mg apap woud kill me if i did it throughout the day and not at once. If I do decide and go over the 4k mark, will drinking plenty of water help at least? it was siggested to me to drink plenty of water if i do. and yes i know about CWE

I'd stop right there with the Percocet. But I must say, damn you have a tolerance. 100mg of Oxycodone would knock me on my ass! Maybe 6,500mg of acetaminophen isn't going to kill you, but it's going to put a strain on your liver. It doesn't matter if you take it over the course of a day instead of all at once, you're still sending it's byproducts to your liver to get rid of every time you pop a pill.

Without being offensive, can I ask why you don't just do a CWE if you know about it? There's still gonna be APAP in it, but definitely not as much and way less harsh on your body as well, and you won't have to wonder if taking X amount will kill you.

It's kinda like Russian Roulette. Take 6,500mg one day and be in the clear, take it the next and end up in the hospital. For the purposes of harm reduction, please use an extraction method and don't take 6 grams of Tylenol!