• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

massive drug fuelled bender made me give up 5 year cannibis dependency

Someone13232

Bluelighter
basically its been a week now since i returned home from a festival, at which i went from friday-tuesday with no sleep, snorting constant amounts of cocaine, 4-mmc, pentedrone, speed, MDMA, i smoked DMT more than 5 times in a weekend and broke through a couple of those times (waking up on the floor nearly convulsing and being at a loss for words for ages) i also took a few valium/etizolams, drank some alcohol, spilt LSD on myself (i'd never intentionally ingest the stuff anymore) and smoking copious amounts of cannibis through the entire experience. i also had some ketamine and quetiapine and hydroxyzine, nearly forgot to throw those in.
and yeah, over 120 hours awake, got to the end and i had no desire to sleep. in the final 24 hours of the experience i realised i was at a mental state where drug intake no longer effected me, i was just fully awake and wired.
i stayed awake until i got back into town, went to my friends house to sleep off the comedown, but i didnt need to sleep, so i stayed up another night.
the following day i felt sober and normal all day after staying up for a long time, i got a normal nights sleep (midnight till 10:30am) and woke up feeling perfect. no cravings for nicotene, no comedown, no headache, bit of hunger, other than that i was happy.
i was also on citalopram for 2 months leading up to the weekend and stopped taking it 3 days beforehand. havent taken it since and havent felt any urges.
here i am 6 days from the first night i slept after the experience, ive been sleeping perfectly normally the last week, ive been getting genuinely tired at midnight every night (something i havent felt in YEARS, since i was a kid), ive been getting genuine hunger, again something im not used to..
i had a bong hit 3 days ago (first since i returned) and it FUCKED ME UP. i got a headache, felt like i smoked an 8th in 30 seconds, nearly greened out, stumbled home and didnt make it to bed. havent wanted any more weed since then.
WHY IS THIS?
i feel like a new person, im living a real life without the constant cravings for nicotene/cannibis, i can eat normally whenever i want, i can sleep as soon as i feel tired, and i feel like my friends are a bunch of stoners who sit around chatting shit all day.
ive had none of the anxiety thats plagued me as long as i remember (since long before i started smoking), i can talk to anyone about anything, i can approach women and chat and smile and not awkwardly stand there mumbling looking like a wierdo.
have i just cracked or something? whats the deal... full on reawakening, its like there is NOTHING NEGATIVE IN THE WORLD ANYMORE.
ive been drinking tea and eating curries and shit too, not been craving pizza and cola whenever i get those rare bits of hunger cannibis would occasionally reward me with...

i hope i stay like this.. has anyone else had or heard of similar experiences? yesterday i almost got a job for fucks sake... something ive felt no motivation to do EVER

has my brain just got bored of the cannibis life and put it to an abrupt end using my drug fuelled bender as a punctuation point?

and i dont want people thinking i was just a bit of a weak minded stoner beforehand too.. i was DEPENDANT on cannibis.. 2 days without cannibis meant 2 days without eating, sleeping or happiness (allbeit fake). ive been arrested for doing retarded impulsive things to get my fix, ive been thrown out and lived in squats because of my refusal to stop smoking in my mums house, ive robbed friends etc, all the junkieish things no one is proud of. before last week, i went from the age of 15 to 20 without going more than 2 days without smoking weed. i missed exams at school, i dissappeared at night time during family holidays to go and find some weed in the streets of foreign countries (never failing to score).
i never understood how older raver types would say things like "nah man i cant handle skunk anymore it makes me sick and crazy, abused it too much as a kid" i thought they just lied because they cant handle the potent weed the new kids smoke and dont wanna get shown up. but seriously im on the same wavelength now, no more chemical intake for me. (asides occasional experimentation with novel substances, and maybe more DMT)

Last edited:
Immediately submit this finding to the FDA, and get a job for Bayer, put all that in a pill form and I think you've discovered a huge break through in some sort of "life issues" fix. Think about it you could make billions! But alas you've posted your secret now we all know it! Quick delete this thread and write down what was on it and get to Bayer and the FDA.

My guess is this is temporary. You abused your brain and body recklessly and severely and I bet there are consequences down the line. If not, well that's fascinating. Keep us updated.

It's only been a week. A week after a serious bender. Lets see how you feel in a few months. I'm not trying to be negative, I truly hope you change for the better and don't let drugs run your life.

Quitting weed can likely improve your life if your given to addiction. But I don't think its the real problem here. For me weed acts as a substitute for hard drugs. Perhaps if you had that attitude toward smoking you wouldn't be in this situation.

It could be due to the psychedelic usage. Ibogaine is being used for treating heroin addicts (it stops withdrawal symptoms too apparently) and LSD has been used for addiction treatment.

Perhaps the correct cocktail of psychedelic substances hit all the right receptors at the level needed to stop addiction for you too.

It was the LSD you spilled on yourself :p

For realz though, I had a couple friends who were the ones that introduced ME to weed, and we would get stoned on a daily basis together. Then, MDMA came through our circle and everyone had their turn at abusing it, among a couple other things. Out of that circle, I think I'm the only one who DOESN'T feel the way you feel about weed now. None of them smoke because it "gives them panic attacks now", whereas these were the same guys that would help me search under the couch for crumbs of weed to smoke when our dealer wouldn't answer...

So no, I don't think you're alone. I do think the brain has some kind of a self-protect mode where it can be pushed to a certain point where it decides that it does not want to accept any more outside influences and reacts negatively to anything at all, including things it used to like.