• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Massive Changes in Marijuana Tolerance

Swim15

Bluelighter
Going to post a link to this in the PED forum I think since I've been using some substances that could potentially contribute such as BPC-157.

Just going to start shooting in the dark but I've been working through a lot of things lately in regards to depression, inflammation, and gut issues. However, one of the things I've noted during my logs is that I've seen drastic, and I mean drastic, changes in marijuana tolerance both up and down.

For example, within the past week I've had it go from very high (smoke and sober within a couple hours no matter how much - leads to multiple times a night for sleep), to very low (stoned the entire night off of a couple hand bowl hits that would typically barely noticeable), to very high again. Just all over the place.

At this point I'm considering estrogen levels and a number of other factors as mediators but its so drastic that I'm trying to figure out what the hell is causing it. Also the fact that I sleep 100x better when my tolerance is low (smoking or not) so there's some correlation there. Melatonin is also significantly more effective when tolerance is down.

Anyone have any thoughts?

So I guess I’ll background this with the fact I’ve smoked every night for sleep for the past ~5 years and never seen, or heard, of tolerance changing this drastically. Smoking two hits and stoned for 8 hours vs smoking a gram and being sober 2 hours later - back and forth within a couple weeks period.

Could be me but never heard of that so far anywhere I can find

I think you are lucky as fuck to get high for such a long period of time . Youre brain chemistry sounds fuckin amazing .
I wish I had youre brain. That would be awesome experience to get high of THC for 8 hours.

Man I can't wait to get off anti-psychotics weed high for me only last 15-20 minutes and it's gone. You have a good brain if it gets you high for 8 hours !.
Crystal meth gets me high for 8 hours LoL.

I've read that omega-3 levels can affect tolerance/high of THC. I forget the specific reason, something about THC needing omega-3's to produce the effect. idk tho could be total bs

It’s a variety of factors, including individual physiology, current weight, body fat percentage, fasting/hunger status, strength of weed, how much you smoke, etc.

My tolerance goes up and down. Sometimes I‘ll end up with a soaring high, while other times it’s just a hunger stimulant or nausea suppressant. If I smoke during dialysis, the nausea is killed but I usually get trashed/paranoid.

Basically it all boils down to how I am feeling, both physically and mentally. At Xmas gathering yesterday I passed on multiple chances to blaze, having already taken Valium.

Sorry I can’t be more specific. But I don’t find variable response to weed unusual - that’s the way it’s been for me my entire life

Tom

(as an aside, these young family members were showing up with hella strong smoke

So, through some trial and error it seems that holy basil is the supplement that I’ve been using to cause the tolerance changes.

It’s an adaptogen so I’m guessing that those properties are causing the effect - beyond that I have no idea how it could be so drastic. I’m currently smoking the smallest quantities (for sleep) that I’ve ever smoked and it’s lasting longer while helping me sleep better.

Last night, for example, I took two rips off a bong the entire night. One before bed at 11pm and one at about 4am whereas a few weeks ago I was hitting 3-5 larger rips before bed and then at least another 2-3 half way through the night if not more.

Exact same weed, same bong, etc but I’m now smoking 1/4 or less of the amount I was, sleeping better, and oddly enough dreaming some which never happens. Don’t know how but I’ll take it!