Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Marriage of the Id, Ego, and Super Ego

psychedelicsoul

Bluelighter
Okay, this here is my religion.

How do we achieve happiness? How do we go and do whatever we want and live guilt free? How do we improve our self-image and achieve true joy? How do we unconditionally love ourselves?

Well here's how... When your id, your ego and your super ego agree on things, then you have achieved harmony. I believe our goal in life, through the power of our spirit, is to achieve this. Our goal is not to get rid of the id. We need it. The Id brings us joy and happiness. I believe the goal of the soul is to change the id. Or change the super ego. The super ego can cause us to hold onto outdated traditions. However, we need the super ego to simply be decent people. Without it, we'd be morally bankrupt. So we need the super ego, but we also need to change it.
Now, which one should change and when is up to the individual.

A racist would probably be happier if he changed his super-ego. (however, depending on how racist he is, he'd also need to change his id) However, a pedophile would probably be happier if he changed his id. Now, that's just my suggestion. I'm in no way claiming they should be morally obligated to do anything. However, do you think telling a pedophile, "It's okay, just don't act on your desires" is gonna help them? It'll help society, but the individual would still suffer with guilt and self-loathing. It's better if they were no longer a pedophile. If they were no longer attracted to kids, they could freely and happily express their sexual desire with freedom and ease. Because their super ego, ego, and id would all agree not to jerk off to kids. Could they really be happy if only their ego or super ego were that way?
I see being one with myself as having my desires, my morals and my consciousness all joined together through our soul.

The only question is how? Well... That I don't know, I believe it can be done through many ways. In fact, that's why I actually support christianity. I believe religion is a good thing. I'm not a christian, but I have similar goals. They believe in joining their minds and their desires with that of God. So that way, they can live a life where they're free from their sins. Now, they go about it very differently, than I do. But the result is that their desires and morals are one with their god. And that would achieve harmony just as well. Because their morals and desires become one.

Can't you frame a thread without using a connection to racism or pedophilia? :\