• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marinol?

Glad you bumped this old thread. I might be able to get some THC Pills not sure of the Brand but definitely completely Synthetic shit.

When it comes to these pills I have one super-simplified comparison. Think of one of those dungeon and dragons like 30-sided die. Imagine that die is weed and all of it's psychoactives (i.e. everything in it that gets you "high"). Smoking cannabis is like rolling that die with the possibility of it landing on any one of the 30 different sides it has. When you pop a pill like Marinol or Cesamet, you're reduced to a one- or two-sided die. There's not nearly as many possibilities for the high, but you will get the same thing each and every time.

Personally, I kind of enjoy the feeling of these pills.... but only kind of. I feel like those crafty scientists did a damn good job of isolating whatever's responsible for medicinal effects and keeping it away from whatever causes recreational ones. It is a high, I guess.... it just seems really dull to me.

(Oh, and I didn't even read the first couple of posts. I'm a bottle and a half of wine down and saw a thread title that I felt like responding to, so I do hope I kept on topic....)

Never had marinol, almost got prescribed it but they had discontinued it. I got Cesamet instead, and all i can say is synthetics are a JOKE. Sure they get you high in large doses but the high sucks. It lacks something.

Hello,

New member here. Thanks for reading.

I've been using Marinol for maybe 6 years now. I used to take it everyday but now only use it for traveling. I find that you build up a tolerance to it. Therefore I like it to work as best as possible when I have nothing besides the pills. It really does work (10-15mgs). I am a lifelong stoner and I've done 5 week trips with only Marinol. I do however chase it down with a few beers a day which enhances it slightly. Still without the pills I would have trouble.

DO NOT take more than 20mgs at one time. I couldn't imagine doing more. The paranoia and rapid heartbeat WILL freak you out.

Question : For the past two prescriptions of 10mg pills I find that they don't work as well...which is really odd ! I've tried getting them from two different pharmacies and although I feel something they don't give me the usual feeling that I am accustomed to. I thought maybe one pharmacy sold me a weak batch but the other pharmacy stocks them all the time and I had the same problem. I have no reason to believe that they have bad batches on hand.

The weird thing is TWO 5mg pills having been working fine. Again 10mgs for 2 scripts...WEAK...TWO 5mgs pills currently working better than one 10mg pill. What's up with the 10's ?????

It doesn't make sense. They are stored in the fridge. Summer was humid in NYC and the fridge gets a little condensed but it has every year. I called WATSON to see if they changed the formula but I got a no. Could these hard economic times effect phrama as well ? I know that everything these days seems to be made by cheaper material or ingredients. Are people cutting corners with meds.

Does anyone with *A LOT of Marinol experience know anything ?

I would be more than happy to answer any questions. My doctor is quite liberal and we have open discussions. I get it prescribed as an anti depressant.

Thanks for reading.

^ been on marinol since 19 but 20mg is not a lot. 5 and 10mg capsules round & filled with an oil.. i saw a youtube about marinol in nj had some info. Each individual has different biological make up and thc delta 9 will effect you differently depending on dose, setting, tolerance, consumption method etc.

^ Thanks. I go up to 40mgs a day but I would never take more than 20mgs at one time. The highest I go is 15mgs at one time. If it does work (20mgs) there is a chance that it can send you on a brutally uncomfortable paranoia trip. I've had several instances of being way too high in an uncomfortable setting. It was extremely unpleasant.

I just.got two 5mg.marinol pill from.a buddy who.got off his friends.mom who has cancer.I took one 5mg at 6:30pm i.waa drimking at the time.so.i dont.know when jt hit.or if i.even felt much.
But.its now 3:27am roughly.9-10 hours later.and i must say that my eyelids are quite heavy and im hungry as hell.i havent smoked weed in about a month.my tolerance seems to grow LESS since.i.started smokinh at age 14..
I still have one.more 5mg pill left and ima take it later.on today to see if i feel it more.but.i wana say that these marinol pill give a defenite effect.i
Ishould also mention i take 1mg suboxone in the morning and one when.i.go to sleep.I guess i just wanted to say all this to prove that they do give a high similar to oral cannabis(duh)
Oh and making weed tea works because you are extracting cbd,cdn amd maybe some thc but not a lot.Ive.made.weed.tea when i first started smoking and i got a defenite.high off it,which.was really.mellow and.chill a.f.