• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana Tea

I have made hash from soaking stems in isopropyl alcohol and evaporating it. I used over 1 ounce of stems that I made into powder with a coffee grinder and about 2 cups of isopropyl alcohol. But if you use isopropyl alcohol instead of drinking alcohol make sure that you evaporate it completely before using it. It wasn't super potent, but still got the job done.
I let it soak in a jar for about a month before straining out the stems and evaporating it. And I shook the jar everyday to make sure it was evenly soaked.

thc needs to reach 380 degrees farenheight before becomming active so the idea of stems in tea would be simply for flavor.

^ That's not true. I've cooked firecrackers at around 300 degrees and they definitely work.

easiest/most efficient way imo is to put some butter in a frying pan and add about a gram of weed/stems/vaporised weed in to the melted butter. Simmer for 5mins, cool the butter so it solidifies and spread on bread/etc.

Will get you incredibly stoned for a good 6+hrs

I did it with schwag

I took a joint or a joint and a half and put it in hot (maybe boiling) water and gotten incredibly sedated from drinking the resulting mixture. My buddies said they have successfully down that with shake.

I think the real key is doing what those other posters said and alcohol extract it.

1) Crush up 1 gram of nice kind-bud as fine as you can get it and put it in a teabag (you can unstaple any teabag, replace with ganja, and re-staple or paperclip). You can omit the teabag if you have something to strain your tea through when it is done like a gold coffee filter or cheesecloth.

2) Put 1 cup of water in a medium saucepan or tea kettle and heat over high until boiling.

3) Reduce to a low boil and add your ganja teabag (or loose ganja) with **1/2 Tblspoon of butter** (you will not get any effect without this ingredient. NO MARGARINE.). Stir until dissolved.

4) Cover and let simmer for 1 hour.

5) Stir in one cup of whole milk, along with cinnamon, sugar and allspice to taste. You can also add an herbal teabag like African redbush or licorice, if desired). Bring back to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.

6)Add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 30 seconds and transfer to large mug (through filter if not using teabag). Sprinkle with nutmeg.

I drank the whole thing immediately. It was delicious and two hours later I was basically tripping. I'd probably recommend 1/2 as a starting point. If you measure out the recipe as I've directed, you can make 4 small sups and get slightly buzzed, 2 medium cups and get pretty stoned or 1 big cup and get totally blitzed into uselessness.

Last edited:
hey Trans, wouldnt it be easier to omit the water and just simmer the pot in whole milk

I suppose you could try that, but you might run into problems simmering milk for that long. It's important to simmer the teabag for at least an hour for best results. It wouldn't really be so much a tea either.

Oh, and you can add some vodka if you'd like. That also helps absorption of THC. Just don't overdo it.

^wouldnt the alcohol in the vodka (where the goodies are dissolved in) evaporate, yielding less?

KingSuper said:
Im no expert but i know you are incorrect. Ive ate around two grams of just buds, unprepaired, and i DID feel it.... ALOT. It took an hour or two for it to kick in but when it did i felt different, not like a regular high at all. I loved it =D
Placebo

Transcendence said:
1) Crush up 1 gram of nice kind-bud as fine as you can get it and put it in a teabag (you can unstaple any teabag, replace with ganja, and re-staple or paperclip). You can omit the teabag if you have something to strain your tea through when it is done like a gold coffee filter or cheesecloth.

2) Put 1 cup of water in a medium saucepan or tea kettle and heat over high until boiling.

3) Reduce to a low boil and add your ganja teabag (or loose ganja) with **1/2 Tblspoon of butter** (you will not get any effect without this ingredient. NO MARGARINE.). Stir until dissolved.

4) Cover and let simmer for 1 hour.

5) Stir in one cup of whole milk, along with cinnamon, sugar and allspice to taste. You can also add an herbal teabag like African redbush or licorice, if desired). Bring back to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.

6)Add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 30 seconds and transfer to large mug (through filter if not using teabag). Sprinkle with nutmeg.

I drank the whole thing immediately. It was delicious and two hours later I was basically tripping. I'd probably recommend 1/2 as a starting point. If you measure out the recipe as I've directed, you can make 4 small sups and get slightly buzzed, 2 medium cups and get pretty stoned or 1 big cup and get totally blitzed into uselessness.

I'm going to try this shortly, can I use less than a gram though?

After I've already smoked a bowl I just start mixing pieces of stem into my bowls, why do so many people insist on not smoking stems? There may be less thc in it but there's still thc. I've also smoked seeds before... not quite worth it they don't burn well.

I just did the method said above, I didn't have any milk though, the mixture had lots of chunks of butter in it after it was done and my teabag came open and I didn't strain it. So I'm not sure how to tell if it works or not. I either didn't use enough weed, or I messed something else up. I'm not sure if it worked, I did feel a buzz but that could of been from smoking earlier, I smoked after an hour of not feeling anything different.

Last edited:
^^ me too im doing it just for fun a little less than half ounce of stems and shake wrapped in two coffee filters two cups water covered on high

i forget the site but i saw a vid of a guys step collection, he put them in like a shaker thing, and it was liek sprinkling the extra THC on each of his joints

I used to make stem tea as a nice discrete way to get high in a dorm room. Usually I saved the stems from about an eighth and added boiling water from an electric kettle and steeped for about 20 minutes. The resulting tea is very light and refreshing and generally put in a kind of stoned stooper for several hours. I've done the same thing more resently except in a french press with coffee. The stems completely overpowered the caffine and I was useless all day.

Another fun thing to do with stems to to put them in a reusable metal coffee filter and shake them over a piece of paper. In desperate times I often was higher than normal because all I was smoking was stem kief.

Stems can also be tossed into a batch of cannabutter or chewed and eaten raw. Raw bud DOES get you high, but it tends to be a bit less effective and a lot less pleasant to consume than making a good batch of butter.

Stems can also be broken up and smoked or vaporized, but I tend to think that the little bit of elbow grease it takes to shake the kief off to smoke is worth it.

My favorite way to make ganja tea is to heat a pan with butter, a high proof alcohol, or gin and slowly simmer the liquid with plenty of kinebud stems and leaves for about an hour or so and strain out stems after letting the mixture steep and completely cool. Add honey or spice to taste and enjoy. Its simple, quick, and pretty damn effective.
You can actually do this with any kind of buds. Hell ive even done it quite successfully with wild ditch weed before. It got me so stoned that i couldnt even sit up.