• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana Induced Paranoia

i smoked for about 2 years with out any anxiety or parinoia. then when i went to treatment i quit for about three months but when i started to smoke again i found my self very very parinoid. when ever we would drive around and smoke i would have to close my eyes cause i couldnt even stand to look at all the cars and shit that could hit us. so then i started smoking only with close friends at my house or at a friends house. and over time it slowly just went away. now the only time i get paraniod is when we are smokin in public and cop rolls up. so just take it nice and slow dont rush your self. eventualy you will get past it

Yeah I have strong paranoia, I think everyone is talking about me; or if I see someone laugh I think their laughing at me! Also I go red in the face sometimes when talking to a group of people/persons I dont know.

I sometimes get paranoid after smoking. Usually my paranoia is centered around getting busted.

I had been smoking obscene amounts of cannabis and tobacco mixed together and smoked through a bong until I hit a bad patch. My paranoid experiences in social settings are mostly due to the fact that I try and act straight when stoned, when really that is going against the grain of your brain. My nicotine addiction was my whole life for a few years. I'd wake up feeling sick and nervous and hungry in my stomach, with a feeling of giddy excitement because I know I'm going to get my first nicotine hit for the day, I’d have breakfast then go to my bedroom and smoke about 4 big cones (average) then all the sick nervous feeling would subside. I'd be high as a kite but half an hour later I would want more cones, even though I didn't want to get higher, it was all about getting that nicotine rush. And so I would have another 3 cones then I’d have to chop up again, I’d chop up have 2 cones and then I might go for a shit, after the shit I’d have another couple, it just kept going and going, I didn’t even want to leave the house. It started to get really, really worrying when I didn't smoke my daily doses of bongs. I would be physically sick and trembling from the nervousness of wanting cones, hardships of daily life and if I started to think about food or smelt it I would want to vomit, if a random thought process was started on a negative in my head eg, something bad from childhood, terrible images or anything I personally found sad like lonely old people etc. from this starting point, It would lead to a sick feeling in my stomach and a feeling of helplessness and impending doom, that would only stop if I got my nicotine levels way back up there. I would like to stress to people to be careful with nicotine in large doses over a pro-longed period.

I have been smoking for 7 years, I'd be confidant enough to say that 5 of those years were bongs EVERY SINGLE DAY. These things never used to happen to me up until about 6 months ago, I would love to know the cause. I decided that I'd had my serious love affair with cannabis and tobacco and that it was more than time to quit because I couldn't function like a normal person and I’d actually forgotten all the things that I did normally. I didn't go cold turkey; I gave up smoking bongs cold turkey I would smoke a few joints a day to compensate. I didn't want to cut out nicotine all together because I quite cigarettes and cannabis in the past cold turkey and I had flu like symptoms for weeks. Plus I like a smoke with a beer. So I continued smoking tobacco but I quit weed all together to alleviate some paranoia and to stop bongs from controlling my whole day/life.
Don’t get me wrong, I love weed and everything, but mixing tobacco with weed, creating very high nicotine levels your body craves might seem good in the short run but it eventually takes hold, and you cant live your life how you want to, it becomes frustrating to the point where bongs are the only answer. Now I smoke a joint a month and a few cigarettes a day, I have no feeling of wanting cones ever again and looking back at it I find it pretty sad that I couldn’t just sit on the couch straight. All the best to anyone who is quitting or is looking for reasons to quit. There is a fear and once you overcome it, you know you’ve grown up.

Usually don't get too paranoid as I just relax and chill with some friends when I get stoned. Before last week I wouldn't have been able to tell you an instance when I smoked weed and had bad paranoia.

But walking home from my friend's place the other day I was definetly paranoid. Was about halfway across town, had to cut through a residential area, and whenever I'd see somebody outside I was totally paranoid that they were talking about me, noticing something was up. Got home and was fine though.

Then again, this could've been largely in part to the fact that before getting stoned I took my first ever mcPP. ^_^;;

i find marijuana to really enhance the subconscious. the subconscious is very deep and harbours all your fears and insecurities.

just be aware of it, weed puts you in a different state of mind and if your uncomfortable about something dont try to suppress it- jus accept it and try to understand what your feeling and why.

Dan1584 said:
I have every day anxiety and I'm planning on doing mushrooms within the next month, I haven't done any drugs since april and I haven't done any major psychs since last October (that was BEFORE I got every day anxiety)

So I don't know how mushrooms will effect me...I'm going to go for it, I hope it goes good....but I'm worried and I'm more worried that my worryness is going to put me in a more negative mindset to begin with....grrrr...I just wanna enjoy tripping its been sooooooooooo long.

Any predictions or suggestions on what I should do?

man anxiety and psychedelics dont mix. if you want to trip and do shrooms, deal with your anxiety first. do u want to risk making it worse? cause anxiety causes a bad trip. you feel tense, nervous and worried about something - when your tripping out its not gonna be pleasent.

Smoking pot and eating benzos helps with that kind of introspective paranoia (i've had the same thing). Same with alcohol.

Also it could be the people you're with, you might want to smoke with people you're more comfortable with.

smoke more indica, it curbs anxiety unlike sativas which make it worse. or if you want a psychedelic experience but still not be paranoid smoke both or just extremely potent indica hash(must try charas hash, crazy shit, very psychedelic but still kinda narcotic) or opiates and sativa or sativa and benzos.

or best is just take some shrooms and benzos. weed for me makes me not very paranoid at all. though maybe im jsut used tobeing very paranoid even when im not high.

Last edited: