• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

MARIJUANA for medical use

itsabirditsaplane

Bluelighter
I started smoking weed when I was 10 years old. I had one of those childhoods that no child should go thru, so naturally I started to become a rebel. Anyways, when I was in foster care they put me on a whole bunch of pills and stupid shit, nether less I stopped doing those medications when I was 16 and became a regular weed smoker. then I was using it to get high, like everyone else my age. It was only when I got older that I realized how good weed was. I wasn't using it to get stoned anymore but using it to help me with the problems I was hiding from for so long. Long story short, I did some stupid shit and got myself put on federal probation and because of regular drug tests I had to stop smoking weed. After like 2 weeks of not smoking, there were no physical side effects but mental. like severe anxiety that I struggled with my entire life along with depression and insomnia. Now I take valium, Adderall and trazodone. But when I was smoking, I never had any issues. I had no anxiety or depression or trouble sleeping. never. so I just wanted to share my feeling on weed. I could go on forever talking about how much marijuana has saved my life in more ways than one and how I am sad that I had to stop smoking. So ill leave it at this. Marijuana can save people if used right. I truly believe that.

I dont wanna shit on you or your probs but you shouldn't use weed or any drug for that matter to hide from problems. I respect your choices but you molded your brain since you were 10. You are prob physically dependent on it so this is why U experience the mood and sleep torubles.

I have friends who been smoking since they were 8. Yeah i know. That's fucked. I started at 15 and I became dependent on it. Not to get thru my day but absence of weed in my system for too long causes passive aggression, irritability, insomnia and mood swings. I learned to deal with anxiety by just taking deep breaths and insomnia by just laying still and clearing your mind and taking deep breaths.

I struggle with the mood problems but I'm ok with being a lil dependent.

I don't know if I could honestly say I have become dependent on marijuana. I have never been the kind of person to get addicted to anything. I have been having sleeping problems way before I was smoking weed. and I had all of those problems before I started smoking, but it is when I started smoking that I noticed that I didn't need my medication. I didn't need to pop pills everyday to get thru my problems. I mean I guess anyone who takes medication you could say is dependent on it. and I guess you are right in one aspect but I feel as though it is better to smoke weed than take a handful of medication everyday that is doing god knows what to your body. I didn't even smoke everyday. I only smoked when I started to have an anxiety attack, or wasn't feeling like doing anything ( depression) or couldn't sleep. it wasn't like I was smoking everyday all day. And I also feel that if someone is dependent on something, when they stop abruptly they show signs of withdraw. I have never in my life had any withdraw symptoms off of any drug. but I seriously appreciate your input! thanks!

when we're young we're just so full of energy we just observe and our brains are sorta in like over-drive all the time. I too experienced depression, insomnia and anxiety as a child way before I started doing drugs. Honestly getting older I was just able to understand what it was that I was feeling. I think because our brain is in a kind of over-drive when young, depending on how a parent or you deal with it you can be thrown on pills and labelled and eventually manifest said natural emotions into something we believe we cannot control. I thankfully never had parents that supported the use of pharms on kids so I was never thrown on them and learned to deal with these emotions naturally as I became more mature.

We all experience anxiety, add, depression and etc. everyday and it's how you deal with your struggle is what shapes your character. Some people are conquered and some fight. The conquered ones are the ones popping pills and self-destructing and the fighters are the high-strung, looking for an escape.

Consciously I never told myself I started smoking weed to escape. But the fucked up thing is I'll never know cuz how can I even define what my thoughts even mean. The sub-conscious works it's flow on us and a psych told me that depression and anxiety are results of what you consciously try to hide.

The best thing to do is accept all of your flaws and endure the pain we are given. You become much happier knowing that you love yourself and depending on how you endure the pain it makes you stronger or weaker.

I still fight these emotions to this date and I think i'll take them to the grave cuz they are just a part of life. Sleep is my favorite thing to do when my thoughts conquer me. I must say with age I've been able to control my thoughts a little more than when I was doing pharms recklessly. Hallucinogens taught me what my parents and no psych could. And it's that you are in control. Not any external entity.

But I think it's never a good idea to smoke or drink through problems as this can turn on you eventually. Understanding your feelings and emotions are the best way to deal with them. The best part is, you can comprehend them whichever way you choose, and this is what makes us strong. When you know that you run this bitch.

Peace and love on your journey.

I totally agree! Being a mom and struggling with all these different emotions and issues, it can put a toll on me. I went for 10 years without any medication. I just got to the point where I felt that to become a better person and mother I needed to seek help. Im not crazy or anything but I do struggle with different problems that I had to get help for. I went the legal way with it, and hopefully I wont be on them much longer. My long term goal is to learn the proper way to deal with my problems. I didn't do it the right way when I was younger and now I am dealing with it double fold. So I am hoping to get off all medication all together within the year, and be able to smoke weed just to enjoy the effects instead of using it do cover up my problems. thanks for your insight. it really made me think!