D R U G   C U L T U R E

Marijuana culture. ("420")

have you smoked with a family member?

• Yes

Votes: 341 67.7%
  • No, my family sucks

Votes: 163 32.3%

• Total voters
Wave Jumper, I know you PMed me about moving this to another forum. I think it's just fine here. Drug Culture is the only other forum I can see this thread working in. You want it moved there?

some people like smoking tobacco, some like cannabis, some like both.

sure, but even if you like both, I don't see why you would mix the two up. You can smoke cigarettes every day and roll a pure joint whenever you feel like.

the question is how did they get differentiated.

Think you misinterpreted somehow: my question was about how, when and why ppl started mixing cannabis with tobacco. To me this is very strange because I strongly believe that no one who has some valid experience with smoking it pure will be satisfied with the stoned high you'll experience when you mix it up with tobacco. (unless under specific circumstances: e.g. you want to escape reality on a daily basis)

i dont think there was an official "mix tobacco with cannabis day" 500 odd years ago or anything though. :\

Yeah right, it definetely wasn't 500 years ago and it's pretty obvious that cultural changes don't evolve in such a way...I get the impression you are deliberatly misinterpreting me or maybe you just don't have the capacities to get the point I'm trying to make?

To MDAO: yes, please move this thread to drug culture!! I suggested P&S to you, but at the time I wasn't aware there is a subforum on drug culture.

sure, but even if you like both, I don't see why you would mix the two up. You can smoke cigarettes every day and roll a pure joint whenever you feel like.

I get the impression you are deliberatly misinterpreting me or maybe you just don't have the capacities to get the point I'm trying to make?

No.

The point I am trying to make is here is its all personal preference.

Its like trying to figure out when and where people started putting chicken in salads!

I eat chicken every day and salad every day but thats no reason to mix them up! but i did.

but maybe this topic is beyond my capacities, im not sure. :D

Think you misinterpreted somehow: my question was about how, when and why ppl started mixing cannabis with tobacco. To me this is very strange because I strongly believe that no one who has some valid experience with smoking it pure will be satisfied with the stoned high you'll experience when you mix it up with tobacco. (unless under specific circumstances: e.g. you want to escape reality on a daily basis)

what is valid experience? oh well. again, this seems like a personal preference issue. maybe someone wanted to taste cherry cavendish with their weed? maybe the shit was too strong and they wanted to dilute the smoke? maybe the weed was too sticky and wouldnt roll? maybe its to evade the law (put a little cannabis in the middle of a rolled cigarette, stealthy) oh well. sorry if i come off as abrasive. id put money on my misunderstanding your point. ;)

Last edited:
well if you didn't put in any baccy, then your spliff /joint would be waaaay to strong, cause the weed here is so strong...

also we don't do puff puff give like in the USA (generalisation).. but if your roll a joint you'll probably smoke a third of it...

You fuckers are weird.

That's all there is to it.

There are reasons. Back in the early days of weed i.e. 60s 70s there was mostly hash around europe, while usa had mainly mexican type weed, none of this super skunk stuff of today. Hash must be spinned with tobacco to make a joint, normal weed does not have to be; hence cultural differences grew that have stayed with us to this day. Plus europeans have always smoked tons of cigs so I guess they tend to like tobacco more aswell.

Most of the weed I get is practically impossible to smoke in a joint by itself. It comes as hard sticky chunks that you have to break into little pieces and it doesn't burn by itself. Also, you need 50-100mg to get a good high. In a pipe or bong this would mean one hit, and if you tried to make a joint it would be a very small one.

This happened to me too (during one of my previous attempts) and it really upset me. Afterwards it turned out this dream came true somehow... :\
So I don't think this is a good sign, it seems to me you're still strugling with it.

What do you mean with ages (several months or several years)?

i was bereft for a couple of months lol i'm ashamed of it now.

now its been 5 years since i had a joint. all credit to anyone who has stopped for even a day.

for me? cold day in hell etc etc

are yo kidding you actually think its THAT weird?

yes. i've never met anyone who rolls a joint without tobacco in it.

well if you didn't put in any baccy, then your spliff /joint would be waaaay to strong, cause the weed here is so strong...

also we don't do puff puff give like in the USA (generalisation).. but if your roll a joint you'll probably smoke a third of it...

This.

Most of the weed I get is practically impossible to smoke in a joint by itself. It comes as hard sticky chunks that you have to break into little pieces and it doesn't burn by itself. Also, you need 50-100mg to get a good high. In a pipe or bong this would mean one hit, and if you tried to make a joint it would be a very small one.

And this.

Even when I've had a decent tolerance, and been smoking with another two or three people with decent tolerances, a joint with 30-50% weed was plenty to get us all completely fucked.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure weed from California and places is stronger than the shit I get in Melbourne, but fact is if I rolled anything but a tiny one paper with 100% weed and passed it around there's no fucking way we'd get anywhere near the roach.

Last edited:
yeah, i was chillin with a dude from europe and he rolled one up, but he threw some tobacco in with it, but he said he only uses like certain kinds of cigarette tobaccoo. anyway it was kinda cool, like smoking a joint and a cig at the same time, both feelings.....

ill stick to my fat american 100% weed joints tho thank you very MUCH

for me personally if I'm rolling a joint its straight up cannabis
not a mix.
i find it odd that people do mixes!
Ive only seen that a handful of times.

smoked out with a bunch of family
but my favorite was with my uncle jim RIP
he was actually my great uncle (granmas brother)
he was an alchoholic
he had arthritis was pretty much crippled

one day he was smashed and was like give me a cig
so i light him up a newport
he takes a puff and is like cough cough blech
fuck this
roll me up a joint
im like i dont have papers
but i can pack you up a bowl

so he says get your stuff
my man smoked the bowl
as soon as he finished
he got up
was walking like he didnt have arthritis
took a piss
went into the kitchen was talking to grandma
grandma was like jim your sober today ?
hes like no i've been drinking
he chowed down and was talking to grandma like he was sober
im still amazed how the cannabis got him on point
when he was pretty much at the point of passing out

the next day i told him how he smoked out
man was he pissed off at me
he didnt even listen when i told him how well he was walking
and how grandma thought he was sober
when actually he was in a blackout

ah damn i miss him much

the ganja i buy in the UK,
the ganja i have always bought,
it is too strong to roll by itself.

I prefer to roll with no baccy, i dont like the taste when Im smoking the weed i wanna have the taste of the weed yaknowaddimean?

I wish we didnt all roll with baccy, but to roll pure will be like £10 per J.
ya dont wanna be smokin all that in one sitting, ya wanna spread it out a bit, make a night of it.

or at least not be completely fucked, 15 mins after gettin to the party/club/pub/whatever......

seriously, i wish we could all sit around smokin a bong in the pub garden, but it just aint that lenient over here, so we have "marijuana cigarettes"...

yea i've smoked with family members. but I still want to smoke with my mom, she doesn't like weed anymore because she gets immense paranoia

.....or at least not be completely fucked, 15 mins after gettin to the party/club/pub/whatever...

I really wish I had that problem. :)

I'm sure my ganja is just as potent as yours. In a way it does make sense because the tobacco is masking the effect of the cannabis. That way you can smoke large ammounts of weed without getting really high.

I get my personal stash straight from Holland and all I can say is that for me it's sufficient to take just one of pull of a bong or pipe to get high all evening long. Why would I want to use a ten times larger quantity of ganja, mixed up with tobacco, in order to get stoned? When your weed is so strong then why not smoke less?

I prefer to roll with no baccy, i dont like the taste when Im smoking the weed i wanna have the taste of the weed yaknowaddimean?

Off course I know what you mean, I just don't understand who or what is forcing you to ruin your stash with tobacco?

I wish we didnt all roll with baccy, but to roll pure will be like £10 per J.
ya dont wanna be smokin all that in one sitting, ya wanna spread it out a bit, make a night of it.

or at least not be completely fucked, 15 mins after gettin to the party/club/pub/whatever......

seriously, i wish we could all sit around smokin a bong in the pub garden, but it just aint that lenient over here, so we have "marijuana cigarettes"...

Off course it's too waste to roll a 0.5 g joint of pure weed just for yourself or for you and your girlfriend. That's why I would recommend using a pipe or bong. IMO a pipe is the most essential tool for gettin' high: you can carry it with you and take a pull whenever you feel like it.