• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Marijuana could be drying out your vagina

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
The Urban Dictionary calls it "cotton vagina" and it's discussed at length on Internet forums. But is there really a correlation between marijuana consumption and a lack of natural vaginal lubrication?

"Now not all pot is going to give you dry mouth, but if you have had a strain that is giving you dry mouth, it will also make you more dry [down there]," said Dr. Julie Holland in an interview with Vice.

Holland is the author of Moody Bitches: The Truth About the Drugs You're Taking, the Sleep You're Missing, the Sex You're Not Having and What's Really Making You Crazy. (Quite a title, huh?) While there are precious few studies dedicated to non-lethal side effects of cannabis, she feels that cotton vagina is a legitimate side-effect users should know about.

Dr. Holland's observations are supported by a 2009 study that found a link between marijuana usage and poor vaginal lubrication.

The study analyzed the experience of over 8,000 cannabis consumers in Australia.

If you think about it, a link between marijuana and crotch desertification makes total sense: your mouth and your vagina are both mucus membranes. If the weed you smoke dries out one, why not the other?

cont at
http://distractify.com/beth-buczynski/cotton-vagina/

If you think about it, a link between marijuana and crotch desertification makes total sense: your mouth and your vagina are both mucus membranes. If the weed you smoke dries out one, why not the other?

Yeah but you're not pulling cones or smoking joints out of your pussy are you.

^^I'd be inclined to agree with that, as an edible doesn't really give you dry mouth in quite the same way usually.

And while cannabis might negatively affect the natural state, it also helps increase arousal, so it shouldn't be an issue.

The comparison that makes more sense to me is this: if it gives you dry eyes, it'll dry out everything else as well.

^^I'd be inclined to agree with that, as an edible doesn't really give you dry mouth in quite the same way usually.

And while cannabis might negatively affect the natural state, it also helps increase arousal, so it shouldn't be an issue.

That's not necessarily how that works.

But fortunately we have lube, which everyone should be using anyway.

I have experienced terrible dry mouth from eating weed-infused brownies.
I was surprised to get it, but learned (deeply!) that the dry mouth doesn't come from the smoke.

That is something that these women would probably do, if this trip report actually happened. Or they would put hash oil into themselves I guess?

https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=26033

I know women who have smoked cannabis and hash both socially like with friends on the weekend, and even daily and they never complained about it making them dry. I suspect that this is simply vice and the Julie Holland's way of promoting her book.

I should have spent my childhood hanging around classier girls

The CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors are found in the salivary glands which in term blocks the parasympathetic nervous system and thus saliva production. It makes sense that similar receptors occur in the vagina

science-marijuana-cottonmouth-3-08-04-300x275.jpg

^ Maybe they are, after smoking a bowl!

The Devil's herb turns young, fertile women into dry hags! Just say NO!

To whoever said edibles don't give them cottonmouth, I and everyone I know who eats edibles (quite a few people) get HORRIBLE cottonmouth from eating a nice solid dose of edible. I don't know what dosage is in your edibles but if I eat enough hash to get pretty fucking faded and pass out for like 10 hours, I wake up with the worst goddamn cottonmouth. It sucks because it's the safest, most effective thing for sleep for me, but chronic dry mouth ruins ones oral health. Need my teefs.

Never thought of cottonmouth as a health problem before but once I really considered it, it makes perfect sense.

Oh dear. First it was "Marijuana will make you insane," followed by, "Marijuana will make you gay." And now, Marijuana also will prune a female's meat curtains - oh the horror.

Oh thank God, KY Jelly to the rescue.

These aren't dried out old ladies were talking about..

I think it's more genetic than anything. I've met women in their early-20s that need lube almost always (my ex). But I've also met women in their 80s that joke about not needing it...

oh, and that was me about not getting cottonmouth with edibles, but now that you mention it I guess it's just somewhat different with edibles, for me anyways (still dry mouth but it takes longer).

^ Maybe they are, after smoking a bowl!

The Devil's herb turns young, fertile women into dry hags! Just say NO!

as if menopause isnt bad enough. what about us old dry hags whom enjoy the devils herb? id like to hear their opinion on the above theory.

...kytnism...:|

Oh look she's got Dr in front of her name, we'd better listen to her.

Oh look, me and my gf have 30+ years of experience that says she's talking shit.

Reading BL could be making your brain smaller. Could be. If I've got a book to sell.

Stupid thread is stupid.

^ While 30 years of experience sounds persuasive, you don't explain what experience you had that "says she's talking shit".
And, just because your girlfriend doesn't experience it, does it mean that nobody could?

There is a scientific explanation for what the article says.
You give no explanation but merely assert that you know better because of your experience, as if such a thing were enough of an argument to weigh heavily against scientific evidence in this case.

An argument by assertion, with an appeal to the amount of (unstated) evidence
versus
an argument based on facts involving the parasympathetic nervous system.

Which one looks stupid?