Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Marijuana Attorney Arrested For Public Consumption Of Pot In Colorado

my3rdeye

Bluelighter
Marijuana Attorney, Arrested For Public Consumption Of Pot In Colorado
The Huffington Post | By Andrea Rael
Posted: 09/27/2013 6:16 pm EDT | Updated: 09/27/2013 6:31 pm EDT

A well-known Colorado marijuana attorney was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of smoking marijuana in public and disobedience to a lawful order at a Rockies game.

According to a police report obtained by The Denver Post, Rob Corry, 46, and a woman were caught smoking a joint at Coors Field. When an officer asked Corry to give up the joint, Corry reportedly replied "No, I don't have to, it's legal."

The report also states that Corry cursed at the officers, telling one, "You're a stupid cop, you are going to make this easy for me, you can't search me, it's only a citation."

During the arrest, Corry is quoted telling the officer, "I bet I am a big trophy for you," before telling who he was. He was also quoted in the police report admitting that he knew public consumption of marijuana was illegal.

Corry helped draft Colorado's famed Amendment 64 initiative which legalized recreational marijuana in the state, and helped hand out free joints during an anti-marijuana taxation rally in Boulder and Denver. Corry even recruited Vice President Joe Biden to take part in the handout while he was in town surveying the damage caused by disastrous flooding in the state.

But this is hardly Corry's first brush with the law. A 5280 report points out that he was arrested in 1998 for brandishing a weapon, charged with with two counts of sexual assault in 2005 in Jefferson County that was later pled down to a third-degree assault, and cited more recently in June when he allegedly smashed the window of an RV.

Public consumption of marijuana in Colorado is punishable by up to 15 days in jail or a $100 fine.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/27/rob-corry-marijuana-_n_4005527.html

I read about this last night. Unfortunately, his ego was too big for his head. I don't think anyone should be arrested for Marijuana but he could have respected the fact that he was in public and they asked nicely. I dunno how I'd feel about lighting a joint at a public sporting event, esp. because I'm guessing that the cops asked him to stop on the demographics of the game. Ex: kids, families, etc. Then again, I use to attend a lot of baseball games and I don't remember them bothering someone for getting too drunk. It's bullshit.

I agree with Logic that nobody should be arrested for weed (or, imo, any drugs).
However, the lawyer sounds like a total dick who made things worse for himself.

Sounds more like he was arrested for being a douchebag rather than smoking a joint 8)

Lawyer violates law, is a dick about it. News at 11.

I think I openly smoked at every rockies game I ever went to. Well what can you do.. Hope he doesn't get in any trouble with the bar.. I doubt he will.

Do what you believe in.. and I dont see why his actions are so bad.. really why the fuck should the law be able to tell us we have to smoke at home.. leave us the fuck alone and start arresting real criminals you lazy controlling freaks.

WE GET DRUNK LIKE GOD WANTS US TO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgpjLkiwK08

Last edited:
The dickhead turned a citation into a circus. I have been arrested many times and I learned early the arrest is not the time to argue your case. The cop doesn't give a fuck and he can't rule a decision. That's what a court is for. I'm not a lawyer but a regular guy. The lawyer was just giving marijuana consumption a black eye. Fucking stupid.

yeah i dont see it that way.. I'm done shutting up and putting up in an attempt to lend an air of credibility to my drug use.

yeah i dont see it that way.. I'm done shutting up and putting up in an attempt to lend an air of credibility to my drug use.

Have you ever been arrested? What I was saying is the cop is only doing what he is taught to do by the law. All the dickhead had to do was put the joint out and maybe get a $50.00 fine. I'm a drinker and when I'm riding in a car and get pulled for open container I pour my beer out and take my ticket. Arguing with an arresting officer is an exercise in futility. I wait till court and have it thrown out. No problem. The more you want to argue with the cop the harder he will make it on you. Take my word for it.

Have you ever been arrested? What I was saying is the cop is only doing what he is taught to do by the law. All the dickhead had to do was put the joint out and maybe get a $50.00 fine. I'm a drinker and when I'm riding in a car and get pulled for open container I pour my beer out and take my ticket. Arguing with an arresting officer is an exercise in futility. I wait till court and have it thrown out. No problem. The more you want to argue with the cop the harder he will make it on you. Take my word for it.

I agree. If I'm in the wrong there's no reason to make it worse for myself by being a dick.