• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Marijuana and Xarelto - safe or not?

Entangled77

Greenlighter
Hi all. For at least 3 months I'll be using Xarelto (once daily 20 mg) due to a thrombosis in my calf. I'm wondering if it's safe to smoke marijuana while taking Xarelto. If anyone has any knowledge on the subject, I'd be super grateful! Cheers

Entangled, a good rule of thumb is that Cannabis, outside of psychological effects, is not going to ever be the cause of serious physical consequences, regardless of what it is mixed with. Considering the seriousness of your condition, I would highly recommend intimating to your Doc that you're using Cannabis just so he has all angles covered when determining your treatment, but even still, Cannabis doesn't generally cause problems or dangerous interactions.

Entangled, a good rule of thumb is that Cannabis, outside of psychological effects, is not going to ever be the cause of serious physical consequences, regardless of what it is mixed with. Considering the seriousness of your condition, I would highly recommend intimating to your Doc that you're using Cannabis just so he has all angles covered when determining your treatment, but even still, Cannabis doesn't generally cause problems or dangerous interactions.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, that's generally what I thought, that I shouldn't worry. I am slightly concerned with this article however: http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/marijuana/interactions/hrb-20059701

Doesn't seem like it's definite though. I did ask my doctor but he only said that he didn't find any information about it. It's not easy to get doctors to discuss the subject in Poland where I live, it's very much illegal and taboo here.