• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

marijuana and psychosis?

9.) And finally, your experience seems very common. You did, after all, ingest a psychedelic drug. 'Psychedelic' , mind you, is synonymous with 'psychotomimetic', which means 'psychosis mimicking'.
You mention epigenetic or genetic predisposition while dissing on the imprecision of psychological consideration of the relationship of cannabis to psychosis - which has never actually been observed with a chemical diagnostic test, so I must ask you.
why attribute anything to genetic or epigenetic hoohaw when a chemical or set of proteins is not clearly involved? It does not make sense.

I think the cynicism put to this is unwarranted, but fair in general with regard to psychology, and psychiatry at this stage.

However, reviewing the psychotic symptom details and correlating the common factors may yield some interesting patterns that can help clarify what is going on within the person's mind.

the term Psychotomimetic was introduced for psychedelics as Doctors hoped that in mimicking some aspects of psychosis, psychedelics can be used to help understand psychosis.

This goes both ways - especially if psychotic behavior can be learned - i.e. subjects may learn how to become psychotic while under the influence and may resort to the type of experience or behavior as a viable response to stimulus.

Where genetics is suspected (i.e. psychosis running in families) please note that after observing some family member being mad or insane in some way, a child may repeat the sequence in mind - puzzling through the experience, and may actually develop the ability to bring it on, with or without the agency of cannabis. This need not involve any particular abnormality in genes or epigenetics, as it is behavioral, and normal to observe, experience, learn, and conditionally express the pattern.

Psychosis is just a word doctors use to admit you to a psychiatric ward. Schizo too. But really the judges and doctors have a personal hangup with illicit drug use and they need to make money off you. Really, you are taking a psychoactive substance and yeah largely unregulated and tainted.

''Labels'' tl>dr

psychosis mostly involves ur subconcious from being a third party in this world to your main engine ( conscious ). Shadow people, noises maybe some faded memories that will show up. It's a bitch in a way because if you don't get help, you will become insane, it's gonna drive you to suicide.

I’ve seen some severe cases in the hospital. It’ll come to can they be helped. And do they want it w.o harm to yourself or others.

I mean I said this before in the Lounge when I was talkin to someone that one of my-exes had psychosis and she had that from K2 and like she boarded up her windows and shit so she killed my unborn kid and she stole money and fuck, not a pleasant memory but me being a strong person since I know almost went by unnoticed yeah even if she killed my kid, that's how I am. I am emotional but I don't get emotional at all, extremely but extremely rare. And bottom line she tied a gun to her door bell and when someone came, I dunno who because I didn't wanna be a part of that thing bam. It's insane and if you think that you can run away from this no man, get it treated.

Yea a little time in the hospital was like military. You can come out a better person or u may never leave. But life begins at conception. She must’ve seen something in her condition.