• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana and energy drinks and i feel like a low dose of MDMA

Big)Sky

Bluelighter
Today before work ( UPS) i drank 2 xyience energy drinks over a 45 min time period. I prefer these drinks over other ones because they dont get me jittery. I felt fully awake at work. Very socialable and felt very good.

When the 4 hour shift came to an end i didnt really want to leave. I was feeling good with the fast paced work. Still had alot of energy after getting out, i pack a bowl on the way home.

The strain is the FLO. Its a 60/40 sativa indica hybrid. Its a very very clear headed high. Very up lifting. Very potent.

After about 15 mins of the high comming on i start to notice my jaw tightening up and i feel like im on a low dose of MDMA. I have that excitement feeling in my stomach just like when your starting to roll. But the jaw thing is really what is making me wonder.

My heart is fine as for the racing feeling. I just have this very intense body energy and i feel like talking and expressing my self.

I was wondering if anyone knew if THC/ CBx can over stimulate the trigeminal nerve? Or any nerve in that case that is similar stimulated while on MDMA/Amphetamines.

Last edited:
Ive never drank energy drinks and then smoked. But about half of the time when I smoke, my jaws start to clench and my foot keeps tapping on the ground. Those are the only signs of stimulation I get when Im high. Other than those 2 signs, I look stoned. Ive never wondered about it since it doesnt bother me

THC indirectly works on serotonin which is what causes some of the euphoria with weed. My guess is that the minor stimulation caused by the energy drinks, combined with a high sativa strain that would of worked on some serotonin may of caused some kind of quasi-MDMA like high. You're probably a lucky guy though, I doubt many could achieve that effect using just energy drinks and weed, sounds like you had a good time :)

Caffeine alone is responsible for the jaw clenching. Caffeine is a great mood booster. It basically fills up the slots where dopamine/adrenaline get taken back up so these chemicals have more mileage in your body. Basically gives you more happy chemicals to work with for a bit. Adenosine receptors I believe they're called, but I'm not sure. I think maybe you're just discovering the more subtle effects of caffeine. Fuck those xyience drinks though, and monsters and rockstar and all that other garbage full of BS like glucose. Go for the healthy stuff. FRS is a good one.

heheh if i have sugary substence or food after weed it just seems to ruin my high. :') sure your not just rushing from the mini sugar rush you get? it happens to me after 1 energy drink, only a really really light one. its weird. lol.

Yeah I hate mixing weed and energy drinks .
Just make me feel like shit and crash ever so hard :-(

However energy drinks by themselves (when you have no tolerance) make ne feel like I am on a low dose of speed haha .
I always get amp enrgy tho . I have yet to try xyience energy drink

I am very sure the jaw clinching you experienced was nearly all due to the high amount of caffeine in the 2 energy drinks you consumed. If u noticed a lot of energy drinks contain 2 and sometimes more servings per can/bottle. If you drunk 2 of them u probably consumed over 4 servings of caffeine/ephedrine or whatever combo of stimulants and ingredients that caused great stimulation reminiscent of mdma. also I notice when I get really stoned I tend to clinch my teeth without noticing, but usually only until i notice if that helps any.

It also sounds like you just had the symptoms or similar feelings of low dose mdma instead of a real low dose of mdma. try talking to those who are experienced mdma users

I doubt any cannabis played a significant role in this other than increasing the excess of energy of coffee and taurine (psychologically). You shouldn't pound energy drinks like that - the effect generated by cannabis likely had you thinking about it more as well as the anxiety effect.

See i usually dont chug energy drinks like that, its just i had a long night ahead of me and i had just worked a 8 hour shift before hand.

I didnt have so much of anxiety as i did excietment. It was something that haddent happened to me in a long time.

Personally i love mixing marijuana and energy drinks/ yerba mate. It is a perfect combo for an every day life.

Feels more like speed to me. I use to drink between one or two cans of the blue sugar free monster n then smoke n wow 9 times outta 10 it just made me a jittery anxious speedy mess. Lol. Mess with your heart too it can. Enjoyable at the right dose like half a normal can at the end of a high maybe but other than that im straight on that combo lbvs..

The metabolic processes at work when hunger is stimulated by use of cannabis are not fully understood, but it is known that an enzyme-AMP-activated protein kinase, produced in the hypothalamus-has a fundamental role to play. The enzyme is crucial to the metabolic processes that regulate energy homeostasis in the body, and is produced in response to ghrelin-induced stimulation of the GHS-R1a receptors of the vagus nerves.