• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana almost legal in the US, how does your outlook change?

Nootropics

Greenlighter
Well, the 2015 government funding bill in the US (the 1.1 trillion dollar one) states that in 38 states, none of the funding can be used on DEA raids of medical marijuana dispensaries / scientific marijuana research. We can safely assume that marijuana is going to be as legal as alcohol by 2020. When that time hopefully comes, how do you guys expect to express your opinions on marijuana on a social setting : Ie explaining it to your children, to people who don't smoke. I hope my kids don't smoke or use any substances, and if they do i'd hope they come to me about it. But i'd probably smoke infront of them as i'd drink a beer infront of them at a barbecue.

I would tell them some history about drug use and talk with them about science.

I would explain why illicit drugs are inherently more dangerous than medicines.

I would show them the impact of drug use on communities, virtually everywhere.

I would give them a definition of what moderate use means.

I would encourage them to be humble and to ask questions.

I see problem drug use as a sympton of arrogance and ignorance. It is a big world and nobody can have all the answers.

Kids listen to parents in a way that is different from everyone else. They will ultimately decide what is true by countering everything you say, so you have to be prepared for that.

There are a few odd things parents can give their kids to encourage them. The importance of having certain preparations or letting go of other desires, whether they really help or not; I remember trying out most everything my parents prescribed.

There are a lot of things that can harm but that does not mean you cannot avoid the things that do harm.

Last edited:
How would I explain it to people in a social setting (where presumably it is allowed, otherwise why am I explaining it to them?)?

First off, I'd ask them if they mind if I smoked in front of them, letting them know that it is their choice to be exposed to the smoke or not> if they don't want me to smoke in front if them, I won't - and there's no discussion taking place.

If people are okay about me lighting up I will, and then I'll be more than happy to answer any/all questions - civility being the key. I'm not going to force it on someone, and I won't play the bullshit game of being labelled ' a doper' during the course of a party conversation.

But what it boils down to for me is being polite and that I *don't* have to explain it to anyone if it is legal.

Tom

I see a world with a lot more psychological manipulation. Kids that meditate so heavily, while keeping cool, and evading law, mature much more quickly.

Being illegal, bud only has attracted certain people in the past. Imagining larger demographics being very introspective, paranoid, and playing wigout games on friends, etc I envision a world that is on one hand much more intellectually productive, but more competitive in dark ways.

My two cents.