• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana addiction.

exactly :) just keep an eye on your usage, and don't let the doses themselves increase again. It's easy to say "just a little bit more this time", but all that does is allow the next little bit more ^^
Great advice man! I still havent gone a week without the stuff, but just lowering the dosage is a huuge difference. Thanks for the encouraging words, it helped more then you might know!

Hi again,

Years ago i tried to develop my opinion on the benefits/necessity to promote "better social acceptability" besides "Harm Reduction" - which in the later case now corresponds to "Vilification Reduction" instead (as i much prefer this alternate expression once put in retrospective)... Texts/pictures collections gradually disapear and even a lot of boards with it, so the vocabulary being made specific & pre-emptive only eases future searches, while there's always going to be denial/rejection based on a virtual identity and its associated style, in place of content marked with my own personal ways of indexation. Yet it's not generally intended to seem elitist at all, just resist the passage of time.

Relatively to question #3 (about Consumption Method & Ritual) it reminds me of that same "acceptability" aspect actually refering back to at least mid-2016, trying to offer 1st-person perspectives through the VaporGenie pipe transformed into some "Prototyping Platform", pointlessly of course as there's never been 1 single emulation attempted... Since then more fancy tag-words emerged as "Micro-Bursting", "Pulse Heating" and "Packetization" of a "Heat Charge", etc. All boiling down to acquiring improved dosing control.

Meanwhile the average trend revolved around "monster toking" displays and yet coercitive/prohibitionist attitudes just don't appeal to me: consumers should be allowed to make their own choices and that's why i reasoned long ago that consumption tools must address acceptability concerns from *ALL* sides, well aware that the FCTC/COP6 event of 2014 might have come with potential domino effects, finally leading to a vape ban today... In other words my argument used to be that we would have been better served to perform adjustements ourselves rather than wait for bigots to fix it for us.

With all that cleared, lets have a closer look at the cigarette/"joint" format democratized by James Albert Bonsack in the early 1880s!

;)

1st of all that's most convenient (by Victorian-age standards...) since its rolling-paper happens to fulfill multiple functions:

a) Self-adjusting variable-length containment of the inhalation path...
b) Rudimentary self-regulation (dosing) of stream density
c) Contribution to a disposable power source
d) Most economical accessibility

On another hand it turns out young persons initiating to cannabis (like "joint" smokers) only enjoy some approximative dosing features at the cost of also capturing poisonous by-products from vegetal combustion via that same paper tube. Here's a fresh remake of a much older snapshot illustrating the best alternative available to me decades ago:
Combustion-vs-Vaporization-2017-Feb-28-480x250.png

As a former smoker myself i eventually managed to find this "cool" ready-made "finished product" labelled as "TOKEU", still depending on the "joint" format inside. Juxtaposed to that there's my early 2017 Customized VG Pipe identified as "VAPO", with one major difference being that "more with less" is no deceiving mirage anymore.

Besides the gross smell of such tokeu (paraphernalia) i also obtained a bogus sense of "dosing", although loadind it with hashish + fine blond Drum tobacco; not to mention at some point i even tried sub-division markings performed on the paper itself... This became increasingly frustrating when i started to worry about finding fair equilibrium between the number of doses vs wasted material during (re-)ignition(s). Which i wrongfully perceived as "progress" comparatively to burning a whole ~300 mg "spliff" made of dry leaves alone.

It was pure luck which caused me to discover vaporism years after i gave up the habit in mid-2007, previously thinking i'd never enjoy cannabis again. For my 1st vaporizer i chose the HerbalAire, a decent product though it made me want to empty every single bag after staring at those for 2 ~ 3 long minutes, then 6 months later early hints of trouble (on top of tolerance issues) emerged again... In either cases none of the consumption methods & associated rituals truly invited opportunities to explore dosing scenarios other than what leads to a couch-lock, ultimately. That's why i tweaked the "Prototyping Platform" until it supported a wide inclusive range of applications not excluding party missions, while also paving the way to less extreme behaviours as "Micro-Dosing", etc.

Who ever pretended you have? It's about the absence of suitable dosing for cannabis while alcohol usually comes with a reasonably-sized glass in most households!...

In other words the "dangers" of cannabis begin with a faulty landscape politically decided by a society itself turned socio-toxic and that's why it would have been quite a good idea to fix this before the bigots pretend doing it using cobalt-60 irradiation and savvy synergy-boosted PCP soups applied to "Tumble" mari-caca... Etc., etc.

Good day, have fun!! ☮️
Its all very true!! Ive since thrown my bong in the garbage, joints are the way to go! and even at that ive been using much less. Feel like a person again!

I think its more like the difference between using your non-dominant and dominant hand, it's just that you've been doing it for so long that now everything else feels unnatural
True!! Thats a great analogy, everything felt weird there for a bit. Its over quick though! I already smoke so much less... Saving shit loads of money and brain cells lately 😆

only stoners say that weed is not addictive. So probably someone here is going to advocate that is not a drug, it is a plant.. Weed will take care of you and dominate your life as all other drugs will do.
Very true! Wont be like an opioid or anything for actual physical withdrawals, but its definitely addictive. There should be more research done on this.....

Very true! Wont be like an opioid or anything for actual physical withdrawals, but its definitely addictive. There should be more research done on this.....

tl;dr If you gotta quit or take an extended break, just do it. You'll be alright.

My own personal research is that it sucks, but that's it. You're just uncomfortable in several ways. You also might not experience a thing other than general irritability for the first few days.

For me, I sweat a bit excessively. Not like Randy from TPB but enough to make my undershirt wet. You might have trouble sleeping, and when you do sleep your dreams might be strange and vivid enough to wake you up over and over again. If you're prone to tremors (like I am) then they might be noticeably worse for a few days. Your appetite may disappear, even to the point of mild nausea. Mentally, you may have trouble concentrating on things. Focusing can be difficult, and expressing yourself becomes a bit more cumbersome. And.... that's about it, as far as my experience goes.

So yeah, it sucks to go through but it's nothing to worry about compared to alcohol, Xanax or opiate withdrawals. The symptoms hit the heaviest in the first few days and then fade off as the days go by. I normally start to go back to feeling normal (which isn't a good thing, lol, too much anxiety) after about two weeks.

Marijuanna not 100% non-habit forming,
Dependence Liability percentages:
  • Caffeine – 7%
  • Cannabis – 9%
  • Anxiolytics – 9%
  • Alcohol – 15%
  • Tobacco – 32%
  • Opioids – 30%+
I suggest you to use some substitute products such as water soluble Delta 8 and CBD tincture.

Marijuanna not 100% non-habit forming,
Dependence Liability percentages:
  • Caffeine – 7%
  • Cannabis – 9%
  • Anxiolytics – 9%
  • Alcohol – 15%
  • Tobacco – 32%
  • Opioids – 30%+
I suggest you to use some substitute products such as water soluble Delta 8 and CBD tincture.
It's higher than Caffeine on this list(which I do not believe, 0%, not by people who can't write "dependance"), but even they admit that there's a certain sort of dependance. It's low, and it's easily waned off, but there is something. Also addiction is something different than what they're talking about. Addiction is psychological, and you can be addicted to basically anything. You could be addicted to sanitizing your hands whenever you touch something, or music, or sex, or whatever, there's a billion of things you can get addicted to.

Edit: Haha, shite I missed the double negative. Sorry :D Yeah, definitely not 100% safe from developing a habit

Last edited:
Man it was hard quitting weed but you just have to give up and accept the boredom. Then it gets better just grit your teeth for about two weeks.
Hey, I know you're referring to the sweats and the awful boredom, but there's something you can use for that. CBD weed without THC levels being more than 0.2%(yeah that stuff exists, might have to dig a little if you live in the states).
You're not going to get high, or anything, but it kind of defeats the craving. Last time I quit, I had nothing for 2 days, unrest, sweats, boredom, the works, because it was the weekend. On Monday I drove to the city to buy CBD weed, this was day 3. When I smoked it all the negative effects were gone, and I could easily wane this out to quit for good. No sweats, no restless legs, no boredom, no problems with sleep. One of my best friends who has a much much larger habit(I'm a microdosing enthusiast) did the same thing and had no issues, and he's usually freaking out without weed, he smokes about 20g a week, so pretty large habit.

Weed was my first addiction, I started pawning shit to buy weed at 13.

It can be quite habit forming. The thing about weed is if you're motivated and willing quitting is the easiest thing in the world and there are virtually zero withdrawal symptoms. If you DON'T want to quit the withdrawal is dysphoric, shitty. It's oddly psychological like that.

only stoners say that weed is not addictive.
True story.

There should be more research done on this.....
Here's one (new) study (link below). Interesting thread and discussion too.

True story.

Here's one (new) study (link below). Interesting thread and discussion too.

There's one specific term about the study that makes me a bit uneasy, and that term is "prescription" opioids, and they are listing the similar percentages for Cannabis and opioids around 10% addiction rate after 1 year for adolescents, but also include Heroin as an extra with 30.9%. Now do they count fent to those opioids, and oxy? Or do they only count codeine and other opioids with far smaller amounts of morphine?

They also list an opioid addiction rate after reaching 18 years at only 6.9% after one entire year of use. I find that hard to believe if they are counting fent & oxys here. They only say "opioids" but never which ones, actually. I can't open the actual study that this article links to.

I'm not entirely sure what to think of this to be honest.

There's one specific term about the study that makes me a bit uneasy, and that term is "prescription" opioids, and they are listing the similar percentages for Cannabis and opioids around 10% addiction rate after 1 year for adolescents, but also include Heroin as an extra with 30.9%. Now do they count fent to those opioids, and oxy? Or do they only count codeine and other opioids with far smaller amounts of morphine?

They also list an opioid addiction rate after reaching 18 years at only 6.9% after one entire year of use. I find that hard to believe if they are counting fent & oxys here. They only say "opioids" but never which ones, actually. I can't open the actual study that this article links to.

I'm not entirely sure what to think of this to be honest.
Hello.

The original link, on that thread, is to an article that could be slightly deceiving. If you look at my last post on that thread: there's links to the actual study (for which you either have to pay for or jump through a hoop or two in order to obtain the full text) (which maybe I'll get to doing for the fun of it i.e. weed never been on my radar) (although that could change given that we are known for producing some of the best, natural, shit on the planet and it ain't illegal here either).

Particulars and statistics aside though: the messages are pretty much the same I reckon i.e. it can be addictive and in places where it's decriminalized and/or legalized its use is on the increase especially among youngsters or first time drug users.

Anecdotally and in just thinking about my reply before posting: in my years I actually cannot think of anyone, myself being the possible exception believe or not, that didn't start out their drug use or abuse careers smoking weed and abusing alcohol (almost always both at the same time). And I'm talking about more than a mere handful of people. Coincidence (given that weed has just always been part of the culture and always available) (legal or not)? Not to mention lack of enforcement of regulations with regard to the sale of alcohol (for sure you never needed to enlist the services of an older brother or sister or stranger to buy on your behalf i.e. that's a foreign concept here)?

only stoners say that weed is not addictive. So probably someone here is going to advocate that is not a drug, it is a plant.. Weed will take care of you and dominate your life as all other drugs will do.
Dominate my life? 🇨🇦 Yes. But when my kidneys magically repair I’ll stop. Until then, it is my drug of choice to control nausea, aches and pains and ramp up the appetite. I use it 10+ times a day. I am not working, have very good income, pay my bills first, etc. Currently using an oz every 2 weeks.

And this makes me an addict? Dysfunctional? Sure, cannabis is a drug. 100+ drugs actually; a lot of which interact with the body’s endo-cannabinoid system. Would I suffer withdrawal and crankiness if I quit weed full stop? Yup, you bet. however, I get a lot crankier if I vomit and can’t eat.

But of course; It. Is. a. plant. That contains hundreds of drugs. There’s nothing inherently Wrong or evil about it. It just is. Sure some people abuse it (let’s say me - gonna have some right after the dialysis I’m doing at the moment).

It has no magical power to dominate someone’s life. And if it does dominate so one’s life it is because of the individual’s physiology.

Tom

It has no magical power to dominate someone’s life. And if it does dominate so one’s life it is because of the individual’s physiology.

That's literally an illustration of my point, people think that weed is inoffensive, sooner or later the price will be charged as it happens with all other substances; There will be physical and mental symptoms.

But weed is fucking good, there are two sides in this coin

i don't get the physical withdrawals from weed breaks as i do with opiates. with me it's more mental, and i believe most of that is my depression and anxiety coming back . I smoke for pain and to keep my head on straight. and when i run out or take a break all my symptoms that i smoke to get relief from come flooding back all at once. and i suppose some may see that as withdrawals. It has been years since i have been able to get high from weed . I have been down to about a 1/2 gram a day to keep me good, for a few years now. it doesn't do any good to more to smoke more and waste it.

For a couple of years of smoking marijuana, it was noticeably stupid, no attention is not, indifference to everything. But I smoked a lot, every day.

Weed is addictive if you are trying to fulfill your intoxication drive and that's your go to. Variety of intoxicants is nice, but everything in moderation.

Just letting it be known, I read all the replies on this thread!! I take all of your advice into great consideration, and Its helped in a huge way. Only reason I dont reply to them all is I would be sitting here all day if I did! Love you guys, thanks for the help!