• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

💥 Contest 💥 March Madness 2024

mal3volent

Bluelight Crew
Any of you baseball/hockey nerds watching college hoops yet? I've been balls deep since November.

As usual Duke and UNC are benefiting massively from a weak ACC. Purdue, Arizona, and Houston are good but overrated. I think UConn could be in the same category on paper but eye test tells me they are way better than any of those teams I mentioned. I think they could easily repeat. They play soft teams all year. They are 1-1 against the two final four contending teams they've played. They beat UNC , but will cash in their "quality" wins against teams like Marquette and Creighton to get their 1 seed.

I think playing in a watered down conference can be both good or bad. For teams like Purdue it has historically meant a false sense of security and overconfidence. But for others like UConn last year, if you stay focused and hungry, you can turn it up a notch when tournament play begins and take advantage of being better rested than the teams you're playing against. Be prepared with your scouting and go in with a chip on your shoulder.

The SEC consistently gets a ton of tournament bids but is never sufficiently respected during the regular season. UK loses to Florida by 3 and that's seen as a bad loss at the time, then Florida turns around and stomps Auburn (A fact that should make UKs loss less bad, but won't). There will be a lot of upset opportunities this year for SEC bracket teams. I'm anxious to see who teams like Texas A&M, Florida, and South Carolina get paired up with. Whoever it is, I will likely pick the upset.

The B12 is good as always but it's top heavy as fuck. Kansas and Iowa state are legit contenders obviously. Houston lost to both of them and might again before conference play is over.

^ that's the most educated I've ever been going into a bracket tournament.

How is Gonzaga, Indiana U, Xavier, Penn State, Villanova, Michigan, Maryland?

Last edited:
Gonzaga is pretty good, but no where close to what they've been the last several years. Indiana is mediocre. The rest are trash this year, especially Michigan.

Michigan lost at home by 11 to McNeese State
lost at home to Rutgers who were 11-10
lost to Purdue by 33 lol

They have a new game mode this year, it seems fun! I'll find the video

So we can do the traditional bracket challenge + the tournament run game

question

do we want to do our brackets in traditional mode or in upset mode where you get extra points for upsets?

Ok brackets set to upset mode

you guys watch the Tournament Run video. Seems really fun to me but let me know your thoughts.